I present to you the class of 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I present to you the class of 2004

I've been noticing that BC been assembling players from the High School class of 2004. I find it interesting and I guess it helps with chemistry since they've been playing with each others since high school. Going down the list I was surprised to see Lowry as ranked as the 31st player in his class. I think that shows how hard his worked to make himself a starting point guard in the league and would definitely be in the top 10 in this class right now. People might be asking why I have Josh Smith on there. That's cause I have a gut feeling that his the next target to join this team. I see it happening via sign trade with AB, Fields and are pick this year going too Atlanta. I feel like if we make the playoffs with have a pretty good pitch for J Smoove. Selling him on being the missing piece in a title contender team.

4. Josh Smith
    5. Rudy Gay
    6. Sebastian Telfair
    31. Kyle Lowry

Other surprising rankings are Al Horford at 47 and Joakim Noah at 63. Shows what three years of college will do.
    @Chr1st1anL

Our pick this year is already going to OKC via the Kyle Lowry trade -- we traded the pick to Houston and Houston traded it to OKC.

Comment

Ajar wrote: View Post
      Our pick this year is already going to OKC via the Kyle Lowry trade -- we traded the pick to Houston and Houston traded it to OKC.
      That's only if we don't make the playoffs. If we do we get a pick this June.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        That's only if we don't make the playoffs. If we do we get a pick this June.
        which is huge incentive to make the playoffs. This years draft is not too sensational. Lots of buzz about next year.
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

It interesting to note that Quincy Acy was in the same high school class as DeMar. DeMar was the #3 prospect and Quincy was #84.

If I could have any player from the 2004 HS Class, it'd be Dwight. So lets make it happen BC!
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            It interesting to note that Quincy Acy was in the same high school class as DeMar. DeMar was the #3 prospect and Quincy was #84.

If I could have any player from the 2004 HS Class, it'd be Dwight. So lets make it happen BC!
            Rondo was #22 too
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

They can't afford Josh Smith
              @RavNation

Comment

Why do Raptors fans think that a package of Bargnani & Fields is going to land the team a huge piece this summer? Another thread said it was going to land Gasol... now it's going to be Josh Smith?

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                  Why do Raptors fans think that a package of Bargnani & Fields is going to land the team a huge piece this summer? Another thread said it was going to land Gasol... now it's going to be Josh Smith?
                  Don't forget the pick
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

YYZ wrote: View Post
                    They can't afford Josh Smith
                    More detail please?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                      which is huge incentive to make the playoffs. This years draft is not too sensational. Lots of buzz about next year.
                      so then wouldnt it be huge incentive to miss the playoffs? and get our pick for next year
                      "So then carter says, Yes I'd LOVE to play for the Raptors again"

Comment

Don't forget the pick
                        Even with the pick, no way Atlanta does that deal. They will have better offers and Smith wants to come here why? He can go to Dallas or one of the teams with cap space and likely be closer to contention.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I beleive Smith is unrestricted, so I don't see him doing a sign and trade because it limits his options of where he can go, and for Atlanta's part they prefered to have him come off the books than trade for anything that was offered before the deadline.

The ball is in Smith's court now, so he can go anywhere he likes. Wouldn't surprise me if both he and his buddy D. Howard decided to go to Dallas and join Nowitzki, sort of like Bosh and James going to Miami. They very well may have discussed doing this privately already.

Comment

More detail please?
                            No cap flexibility, and mainly Smith is free to go where ever he wants because he is an unrestricted free agent.
                            @RavNation

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              I beleive Smith is unrestricted, so I don't see him doing a sign and trade because it limits his options of where he can go, and for Atlanta's part they prefered to have him come off the books than trade for anything that was offered before the deadline.

The ball is in Smith's court now, so he can go anywhere he likes. Wouldn't surprise me if both he and his buddy D. Howard decided to go to Dallas and join Nowitzki, sort of like Bosh and James going to Miami. They very well may have discussed doing this privately already.
                              That would be fun to watch. On another note, as good as Smith can be, do we want him lining up beside Rudy and DD? I just don't see another volume shooter being a good fit unless we unload one of the others. What the Raps are missing most is a tough, grizzled old vet like Oak who holds guys accountable for their effort on the court.

Comment

Working...
                              X