Jonas in the 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas in the 4th

why doesn't jv play in the 4th quarter? It seems like he's never in the game during crunch time. Is it a lack of cardio and endurance? or does casey simply not believe in him? It looks like he's playing well enough to earn the time.Can someone tell me if im missing someting.

Pepp wrote: View Post
    why doesn't jv play in the 4th quarter? It seems like he's never in the game during crunch time. Is it a lack of cardio and endurance? or does casey simply not believe in him? It looks like he's playing well enough to earn the time.Can someone tell me if im missing someting.
    He hardly ever looks really gassed. I think it's a Casey confidence thing. If you are not going to play him in the fourth, why pull him when he has early foul trouble?

Comment

Casey is a weird dude man. I guess the only reason for him to bench JV in the fourth would be that he doesn't trust Jonas' clutch ability. That is absurd though. Has he forgotten the Raptors-Spurs OT thriller? JV was so clutch then. I remember he blocked Duncan then got fouled by Ginobili and made both of those free throws:

Comment

Because using a line up with amir as C and Rudy Gay @ 4 is the best option, you dont want rookies in the last 2 minutes of a game.

Comment

wow, if Valanciunas can develop his body and his leeadership abilities, he has the potential to be a franchise cornerstone
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Raptors are winning aren't they?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

1. Most head coaches don't trust rookies with minutes in key situations. Casey is clearly of the school that the vets play in crunch time.

2. Raps have been effective going small with Gay at the 4, so there is only one big on the floor and Amir is generally the most effective big they have, so he plays.

Comment

you dont need jv to be clutch. you need him to be a presence and to grab boards. and we all know he does that veerrryyyyy well.

Comment

It's a youth thing, he's unproven and we need every game. He also still does some silly fouls when he's emotional, which could hurt us down the stretch. I'm sure he'll get in next season, there is no rush all he needs is to get on the floor for 20 minutes a game a listen when they are planning their end of game sets.
                  Last edited by hateslosing; Mon Feb 25, 2013, 07:47 PM. Reason: grammer
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Don't blame him. I would not trust rookies at game winning time either
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Casey has shown all year that he doesn't want JV on the court in the 4th qtr. I understand this to some extent, but it seems like he gets benched for he entire 4th qtr. If you know you don't want him to play the last 4-6 minutes of the game, why not have him start he fourth qtr?

In any event JV will start to see more minutes in the fourth as the year goes by. At the end he'll probably be in crunch time unless the raptors decide to go small
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Exactly... get his feet wet by starting him in the fourth quarter, especially when the raptors are executing their offense the kid has mad potential.

Comment

I was at the game and watching as Amir was being abused by Nene in the 4th. Jonas was far more efficient vs Nene until he became glued to the bench in the 4th. Rookie or not, he should have been in the game late. It has to start sometime. Now is it.

Comment

Working...
                          X