Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jarett Jack: What happened when he was a Raptor?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jarett Jack: What happened when he was a Raptor?

Has anyone been following how JJ has been playing on the Warriors? He's definitely in the running for 6th man of the year. I'm just wondering why we didn't get this from him during his brief stint here in Toronto. Was it a coaching issue? Was he not motivated to play behind Calderon? He's now playing behind one of the best PGs in the league so he has no reason to feel undervalued. Or is it because of the lack of talent on this team? Golden State has a bunch of great back and front court players, making it easier for Jack to play the role of an attacking point guard.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

exactly. Everyone was bashing Jack when he was here but he's actually a very good back up PG that can start at times. Don't know why we let him go

Post Thanks / Like

who was bashing jack? hes obv a much better player now than he was with raps but he wasnt exactly terrible with us either

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. Jack was traded really for a young and unproven but high potential, Jerryd Bayless. But as I remember correctly, we wanted Peja's $14.5 mil expiring contract. So we 'fixed' the point guard controversy, got a young prospect pg, and 14.5mil in cap space for that summer. Good trade by BryCo.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bayless was/is ok too. But now that we have Telfair so it doesn't really matter, he's a better play maker than Bayless

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack may be playing better now but he played well for us when he was here. He gave Caldern a run for his money for a while.

The other thing to remember is Jack started half the time he was here. In Golden State he is almost always coming off the bench and that is a role that suits him much better. Actually if you look at his stats from the first year he was here compared to this year's stats with Golden State, you can see that he's playing at a very similar level. Just a couple of assists and pts different.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Post Thanks / Like

*pssst*

It is his contract year.

*carry on*
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    *pssst*

It is his contract year.

*carry on*
    Hedo-syndrome !
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    *pssst*

It is his contract year.

*carry on*
    It would sound more plausible if his play this season was not equal or slightly worse than last season.

Jarett Jack is a good backup guard.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

He's doing more than just playing backup. He is often their primary ball handler with Curry in the floor playing off ball and he's playing at the end of games.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    It would sound more plausible if his play this season was not equal or slightly worse than last season.

Jarett Jack is a good backup guard.
    Yeah, getting to dominate the ball on a terrible NOH team. I wonder why his production was so high?

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jarrett Jack was always a solid point guard starting, or back-up. He's just clearly improved, and most of that probably happened when playing behind Chris Paul.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JJ is playing well, but it is a contract year and I don't see him ever being a starting pg in the future
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack was good....but never underestimate players in contract years

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He was OK fore us, not great. IMHO he too often looked for his own shot while JC looked for others'. No offense, but Golden State can have him.

Raptors Republic Rookie ryley_b's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack is a perfect backup in GS and at times their 2 PG lineup (Curry and Jack) can be really effective as both of them play really well off the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
    He was OK fore us, not great. IMHO he too often looked for his own shot while JC looked for others'. No offense, but Golden State can have him.
    I also don't like that after the Bosh trade, he became more selfish and more lazy. He played absolutely atrociously before getting traded away that season. He checked out before the season started, clearly unwilling to be on a lottery-bound team and moping even more because his buddy left or something...The only guy who played his way out of town more was VC

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Contract year aside, some players are simply better fits in different situations. Had we kept Jack, there's no saying he would've put up the same numbers we're seeing this year.

Completely different team = completely different circumstances.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The only guy who played his way out of town more was VC
    Don't forget Turk
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Don't forget Turk
    I never wanted Turk in the first place and he played pretty much exactly as I expected

*VC was a legitimate franchise talent, even if probably suited to a 1B type role.
    *Jack had a reputation as a hardnosed competitor

*Turk was a player who rarely made the most of his talents except for a couple of good years in Orlando...and our team at the time desperately lacked D and toughness. To this day the rationale behind the signing baffles me. At least the Kapono signing, BC and many others thought a sniper would be a good piece on the team, so it was just the player not working out so well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information