Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anderson and Bargnani

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anderson and Bargnani

Couple of things:

Anderson - Played the whole 4th tonight, scoring ZERO points. I just don't understand the lovefest between Casey and Anderson.

Bargnani - I feel like the Raps made too much of a conscious effort to get him into tonight's game.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Couple of things:

Anderson - Played the whole 4th tonight, scoring ZERO points. I just don't understand the lovefest between Casey and Anderson.

Bargnani - I feel like the Raps made too much of a conscious effort to get him into tonight's game.
    On AA...I also don't get it...this needs to stop at some point, and it's not like he has to sit him, but he has to be willing to pull him and try someone else. Given Washington was playing well against us small, I would've liked to see the Raps go back to playing big and crashing the glass with both Amir and JV on the floor.

On Bargs....two thoughts. The first is that they're trying to get him out of his slump a bit. I don't think they forced things too much, and his shots all fit within the offence. I think it's obvious his confidence is shaken at home. He brought better energy tonight though. Played better D (actually drew a charge), and got some boards (but more importantly, wasn't a liability on the glass, which is a common problem). Again, I can't fault the shots he took. He also made some good decisions driving the ball. Second thought is it was also clear that lots of guys didn't have it going, so it seemd like a good opportunity to try and get him going. It's not like they were sacrificing shots that could've gone to a hot hand.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing that i want to point out is. Ross is not getting much time now. AA is eating all his mins. Ross development is crucial for this team going forward. Anderson, not so much.

Ross only played 6mins tonight. Hit a 3, then got yanked out of the game. His confidence i think is in an all time high winning the dunk contest. Casey and the Raps are not taking advantage of that.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie Tortacular's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No excuse for playing Anderson when you have Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields all on the same roster.

Basically any time AA and JL3 are in the game together the Raptors offense self-destructs.
    You can find me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tortacular wrote: View Post
    No excuse for playing Anderson when you have Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields all on the same roster.

Basically any time AA and JL3 are in the game together the Raptors offense self-destructs.
    This is what bugs me. So their ability to score basically comes down to one or both of those guys getting hot. That's no way to run your O.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, maybe the team is trying to showcase both AA and AB as a package next year for Boozer.

PS> Not gonna hate too much on AA because he's been clutch at time and defends his position as well. I am going to poo poo Gay though. Wow, 1-11. HELLLLOOOOO!?!?!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem is Anderson and Lucas play well outside their talent levels and do way too much cause they know they are on borrowed time, Lucas I can forgive cause thats what he is a scorer Anderson I dont know what hes doing sometimes... for the record love Ross but his defence has taken a step back better this game and he finally hit a shot tonight he needs to focus and get healthy (hes been sick with a flu in his system since All Star Break)

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

theres NO excuse to keep playing that scrub AA..sadley though i suspect the only way he dont play is if BC waives him...there was a bright spot to the night though.. bargs grabbed his first offensive rebound in 7 seasons LOL this was a dud game from the start.. seems like the offense is really struggling without shooters in the starting 5..there just isnt any lanes to hoop... Rudy doesnt seem to pass out of pressure to well & turns the ball over quite a bit with lazy looking passes & his shooting has gone from bad to worse over the last couple games..i sure hope this gets cleaned up quick

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anderson won't be back next year. Ross will be first wing man off the bench, Fields 2nd.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about Anderson.

Bargnani got great looks. With more confidence and run, he'll start draining those. He was pretty aggressive tonight, defensively he killed us, and guarded the guys that made those big baskets..

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Anderson won't be back next year. Ross will be first wing man off the bench, Fields 2nd.
    +1. he knows it. hopefully he gets picked up and doensnt end up in the d league again. I think he has proven he can play in the league and if we could drop fields I would prefer to keep him instead.

defended the fields signing but man is that one getting worse and worse. I hope he shoots 1000+ corner 3s everyday this summer or bc finds someone dumb.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fields contract is ugly but I would love to see him and Ross come off the bench for us and play contained smart ball, over Lucas/Anderson chucking contest. Play him though we already got the league talking about him and maybe we can package he and Bargnani for something good. fields has versatility does a lot of little things good rotation gut but he should be getting paid around what Klieza makes 4 a season not the 7 hes making now, but you know im pretty sure he will be moved.

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    +1. he knows it. hopefully he gets picked up and doensnt end up in the d league again. I think he has proven he can play in the league and if we could drop fields I would prefer to keep him instead.

defended the fields signing but man is that one getting worse and worse. I hope he shoots 1000+ corner 3s everyday this summer or bc finds someone dumb.
    It still looks like he's having issues with the nerve in his elbow. Either that, or it's in his head. He shot a free throw a few games back that really stood out. It banked off the backboard and then off back rim for an awful miss and his reaction was that it came out of nowhere. Nerve issues are very difficult to deal with. He could shoot a million corner threes but if he can't correct his form, he's just engraining poor habits and losing confidence. Still like his D, rebounding and hustle though.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    This is a good point that hasn't been made enough. AA knows there are a hundred guys just like him waiting for a NBA spot to open up. He's clearly trying to show on the stat sheet he's productive enough to get another contract whether from Toronto or somewhere else. The thing working against him is that he is a streak shooter and when he's not making shots he is a negative on the floor.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I agree about Anderson.

Bargnani got great looks. With more confidence and run, he'll start draining those. He was pretty aggressive tonight, defensively he killed us, and guarded the guys that made those big baskets..
    I don't agree. He got caught when he was trying to help on defense. One on one he did pretty well. I agree too that once his shots are falling, he'll be a diferent player. Just curious, did I hear boos at the ACC last night for Bargs??? Sometimes on TV (I live in Halifax, of course) it is hard to tell.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Casey has fallen into the same trap that a lot of coaches fall into when dealing with a young team and the game plan is all about emphasizing hard work. It works great when you have very little talent on the team and all you want is everyone putting in 100% effort. But at some point you have to transition from that and move forward.

Usually your GM will help you out a bit, by adding talent and getting rid of the ones who didn't work hard. Unfortunately as long as you have guys like Bargnani on the team you have to keep pushing the effort card, and that results in guys like AA getting way too many minutes.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Landry needs to rework his shooting stroke, but he at least knows how to play smart. I see him and Ross coming off the bench together for Derozan and Gay.
    @RavNation

Post Thanks / Like

Casey is driving me crazy with his substitutions
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Usually your GM will help you out a bit, by adding talent and getting rid of the ones who didn't work hard. Unfortunately as long as you have guys like Bargnani on the team you have to keep pushing the effort card, and that results in guys like AA getting way too many minutes.
    Really. Really? It's *always* about Bargnani, huh? Jaysus. Put down the pitchfork before it gets permanently stuck in your brain.

Alan Anderson's chucking has nothing to do with Andrea Bargnani. Only Casey controls AA's minutes, and only AA controls when he decides it's his time to shoot (which, lately, seems to be "any time I'm on the floor").

I understand that Anderson got playing time earlier because he showed some grit on defense, flexibility to 'sort-of' play 3 spots, and a good 3-point shot. I also understand Fields was hurt, and Ross is a rookie. In other words, he'd have been forced into action whether or not he was playing well.

Now, I don't understand why he's getting so much burn, especially down the stretch of games. If you need defense, Fields is a MUCH better option. If you need offense, there's a deeper issue, because what I saw last night was AA and Lucas out there with Gay, Derozan, and Lowry, and those 3 "core" players went consecutive trips without even seeing the ball. That's ridiculous, and it's a pattern. Same thing happened against NY.

The rotations lately are interesting to say the least. I don't blame AA for taking those shots -- it's what he was asked to do earlier in the year, and as others have mentioned, he's playing for his NBA future. I blame Casey for either thinking AA is a better option than Ross/Fields, or that he's calling plays for AA/Lucas when Derozan (the only guy who could even hit a layup last night) and Gay aren't even getting touches.

Bargnani, for his part, sucked last night as much as anyone else, no more and arguably slightly less.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anderson has single handedly won us a couple of games this year. Was huge when no one showed up in NY, he alone got us the W. He plays great D and is the toughness in the lockeroom. Comes up big when its a grind fest.

Not really sure how you can not like Anderson, but, I guess everyone has their vision.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information