Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anderson and Bargnani

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Anderson has single handedly won us a couple of games this year. Was huge when no one showed up in NY, he alone got us the W. He plays great D and is the toughness in the lockeroom. Comes up big when its a grind fest.

Not really sure how you can not like Anderson, but, I guess everyone has their vision.
    It's his shot selection. The contested 3s early in the clock are infuriating.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only knock on him is his FG% could improve, but other than that he has been a fine basketball player, and huge contributor to the teams success. Andrea has not.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's his shot selection. The contested 3s early in the clock are infuriating.
    Well, these sorts of diamonds need to be polished... judging him as if we are paying him a brinks truck or have selected him in the top 10, is not fair. He has been quite the understated addition to this squad. Not easy to find players that can give so much for so little.

These are the sort of contracts teams need to know how to harness, in order to be competitive. I personally don't think there is much to complain about here.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Tue Feb 26th, 2013 at 02:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The only knock on him is his FG% could improve, but other than that he has been a fine basketball player, and huge contributor to the teams success. Andrea has not.
    For one andrea was injured came back rusty as hell. 2nd he hasn't really played much to say he can contribute. Stop being biased.

Raptors Republic All-Star KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, these sorts of diamonds need to be polished... judging him as if we are paying him a brinks truck or have selected him in the top 10, is not fair. He has been quite the understated addition to this squad. Not easy to find players that can give so much for so little.

These are the sort of contracts teams need to know how to harness, in order to be competitive. I personally don't think there is much to complain about here.
    I completely, wholeheartedly agree. I mean, the guy started this year as a projected 13th man, an afterthought, slotted somewhere between Dominic McGuire and Quincy Acy. Like you said, he has stepped in and almost singledhandedly won us games, on more than one occasion.

If you're pissed about last night, look no further than All-Star Rudy Gay shooting 1-11 thanks to a layup. Or "best player on the team" Bargnani once again looking like a timid deer in the headlights. Or our starting "all star caliber" point guard well, not playing point guard.

Or better yet, let's jump on the former D-Leaguer who scratched and clawed his way into 7th on our depth chart, for having a game where maybe he didn't quite look like 7th on the depth chart.

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the guy behind him was only MP or D-Mac, then I would wholeheartedly agree. But, since hes taking time away from our 1st round draft pick, "untradeable" young wing player (who btw, has shown some pretty good signs when he has got time this year) .. thats when things change. If this team is going to go anywhere .. its going to be on the back of JV and TR becoming legit NBA players (not on the back of AA ..). The only way to do that is to improve their minutes dramatically.

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fg% is not the only knock. He doesn't make his teammates better as he's a ball stopper and ball hog. Never passes, takes ill-timed shots and doesn't take a lot of shots in the flow of the offence (not entirely his fault as there is little flow to begin with). I do love his passion and hustle but he's trying to gain his place in the NBA by going all-in on his offence. He is a role player and needs to play like one. When he's hot, he's really hot though. Can't deny that.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Anderson has single handedly won us a couple of games this year. Was huge when no one showed up in NY, he alone got us the W. He plays great D and is the toughness in the lockeroom. Comes up big when its a grind fest.

Not really sure how you can not like Anderson, but, I guess everyone has their vision.
    Play D and take shots you know you can make. He doesnt know when to stop, he is a volume shooter. Look for your shot dont force it.
    @RavNation

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

#FREE

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We gotta give him the hook when he lays Eggs and sub in Acy for some nice high energy minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information