Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson and Bargnani

Couple of things:

Anderson - Played the whole 4th tonight, scoring ZERO points. I just don't understand the lovefest between Casey and Anderson.

Bargnani - I feel like the Raps made too much of a conscious effort to get him into tonight's game.
    Mamba Mentality

TRex wrote: View Post
    Couple of things:

Anderson - Played the whole 4th tonight, scoring ZERO points. I just don't understand the lovefest between Casey and Anderson.

Bargnani - I feel like the Raps made too much of a conscious effort to get him into tonight's game.
    On AA...I also don't get it...this needs to stop at some point, and it's not like he has to sit him, but he has to be willing to pull him and try someone else. Given Washington was playing well against us small, I would've liked to see the Raps go back to playing big and crashing the glass with both Amir and JV on the floor.

On Bargs....two thoughts. The first is that they're trying to get him out of his slump a bit. I don't think they forced things too much, and his shots all fit within the offence. I think it's obvious his confidence is shaken at home. He brought better energy tonight though. Played better D (actually drew a charge), and got some boards (but more importantly, wasn't a liability on the glass, which is a common problem). Again, I can't fault the shots he took. He also made some good decisions driving the ball. Second thought is it was also clear that lots of guys didn't have it going, so it seemd like a good opportunity to try and get him going. It's not like they were sacrificing shots that could've gone to a hot hand.

Comment

Another thing that i want to point out is. Ross is not getting much time now. AA is eating all his mins. Ross development is crucial for this team going forward. Anderson, not so much.

Ross only played 6mins tonight. Hit a 3, then got yanked out of the game. His confidence i think is in an all time high winning the dunk contest. Casey and the Raps are not taking advantage of that.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

No excuse for playing Anderson when you have Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields all on the same roster.

Basically any time AA and JL3 are in the game together the Raptors offense self-destructs.
        You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Tortacular wrote: View Post
          No excuse for playing Anderson when you have Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields all on the same roster.

Basically any time AA and JL3 are in the game together the Raptors offense self-destructs.
          This is what bugs me. So their ability to score basically comes down to one or both of those guys getting hot. That's no way to run your O.

Comment

Wait, maybe the team is trying to showcase both AA and AB as a package next year for Boozer.

PS> Not gonna hate too much on AA because he's been clutch at time and defends his position as well. I am going to poo poo Gay though. Wow, 1-11. HELLLLOOOOO!?!?!
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Problem is Anderson and Lucas play well outside their talent levels and do way too much cause they know they are on borrowed time, Lucas I can forgive cause thats what he is a scorer Anderson I dont know what hes doing sometimes... for the record love Ross but his defence has taken a step back better this game and he finally hit a shot tonight he needs to focus and get healthy (hes been sick with a flu in his system since All Star Break)

Comment

theres NO excuse to keep playing that scrub AA..sadley though i suspect the only way he dont play is if BC waives him...there was a bright spot to the night though.. bargs grabbed his first offensive rebound in 7 seasons LOL this was a dud game from the start.. seems like the offense is really struggling without shooters in the starting 5..there just isnt any lanes to hoop... Rudy doesnt seem to pass out of pressure to well & turns the ball over quite a bit with lazy looking passes & his shooting has gone from bad to worse over the last couple games..i sure hope this gets cleaned up quick

Comment

Anderson won't be back next year. Ross will be first wing man off the bench, Fields 2nd.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I agree about Anderson.

Bargnani got great looks. With more confidence and run, he'll start draining those. He was pretty aggressive tonight, defensively he killed us, and guarded the guys that made those big baskets..
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Anderson won't be back next year. Ross will be first wing man off the bench, Fields 2nd.
                      +1. he knows it. hopefully he gets picked up and doensnt end up in the d league again. I think he has proven he can play in the league and if we could drop fields I would prefer to keep him instead.

defended the fields signing but man is that one getting worse and worse. I hope he shoots 1000+ corner 3s everyday this summer or bc finds someone dumb.

Comment

Fields contract is ugly but I would love to see him and Ross come off the bench for us and play contained smart ball, over Lucas/Anderson chucking contest. Play him though we already got the league talking about him and maybe we can package he and Bargnani for something good. fields has versatility does a lot of little things good rotation gut but he should be getting paid around what Klieza makes 4 a season not the 7 hes making now, but you know im pretty sure he will be moved.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          +1. he knows it. hopefully he gets picked up and doensnt end up in the d league again. I think he has proven he can play in the league and if we could drop fields I would prefer to keep him instead.

defended the fields signing but man is that one getting worse and worse. I hope he shoots 1000+ corner 3s everyday this summer or bc finds someone dumb.
                          It still looks like he's having issues with the nerve in his elbow. Either that, or it's in his head. He shot a free throw a few games back that really stood out. It banked off the backboard and then off back rim for an awful miss and his reaction was that it came out of nowhere. Nerve issues are very difficult to deal with. He could shoot a million corner threes but if he can't correct his form, he's just engraining poor habits and losing confidence. Still like his D, rebounding and hustle though.
                          There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            This is a good point that hasn't been made enough. AA knows there are a hundred guys just like him waiting for a NBA spot to open up. He's clearly trying to show on the stat sheet he's productive enough to get another contract whether from Toronto or somewhere else. The thing working against him is that he is a streak shooter and when he's not making shots he is a negative on the floor.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              I agree about Anderson.

Bargnani got great looks. With more confidence and run, he'll start draining those. He was pretty aggressive tonight, defensively he killed us, and guarded the guys that made those big baskets..
                              I don't agree. He got caught when he was trying to help on defense. One on one he did pretty well. I agree too that once his shots are falling, he'll be a diferent player. Just curious, did I hear boos at the ACC last night for Bargs??? Sometimes on TV (I live in Halifax, of course) it is hard to tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X