The Phoenix Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Phoenix Conundrum

This has been bothering me for some time and I was wondering if anyone knew -- what is Phoenix doing now that they have both Morris twins on the team? As in the jersey. They even have the same first initial..

Mind = blown.
    your pal,
    ebrian

What do you mean exactly??? I mean, they have different numbers. I don't understand what it is that is bothering you? I'm not sure they have to specify the names more, but I know teams that do usually just use the first two letters of the first name instead of just the initial. And again, they will have different numbers.

Comment

Calm down -- I'm not sure why you needed 3 question marks in a row.

The first 2 letters of either player still wouldn't differentiate them. Not even the first 3.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        Calm down -- I'm not sure why you needed 3 question marks in a row.

The first 2 letters of either player still wouldn't differentiate them. Not even the first 3.
        Then they'll probably just use the last letter of the first name or something. Really the numbers are all that matter.

Really, the problem is only one for the officials, that would be one regardless of how similar their names are just because they look alike. If a ref makes a call and forgets the number and goes to find the guy he called it on...and there are 2 of them (!!), that could lead to some misallocated fouls.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Feb 26, 2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

The last letter of the first name?

I remember when we had Alvin Williams and Aaron Williams at the same time. One was "A Williams", the other was "Aa Williams".

Are you proposing that the Suns are using "S Morris" for Marcus Morris, and "F Morris" for Markieff Morris?!
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            The last letter of the first name?

I remember when we had Alvin Williams and Aaron Williams at the same time. One was "A Williams", the other was "Aa Williams".

Are you proposing that the Suns are using "S Morris" for Marcus Morris, and "F Morris" for Markieff Morris?!
            No, sorry, should've been clearer...as in, the first and last letter, so MS, and MF...or if that doesn't sit well with them, just the first different letter, so MC and MK....

Comment

It looks like they have matching tattoos.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                It looks like they have matching tattoos.

Thanks for this. I actually ended up in RealGM forums asking the Suns fans what they were doing and they explained exactly what you posted. Morris and Morris.. they look the same. Only the number is different.

They should've picked 8 and 0 or 11 and 17 to make it even more confusing
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                X