Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: GT: Raps at Cavs - Raptor Revenge

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously... We don't deserve playoffs if we can even beat the Wizards and an Irving-less Cavs! Kinda pathetic!

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well hopefully this game proved a point to BC again as the final straw of whether or not Bargnani is a BUST.

#BargsRideDaPine

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2/20 from the 3pt line
    8 bench points
    0 bench points in second half

Says it all right there.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Well hopefully this game proved a point to BC again as the final straw of whether or not Bargnani is a BUST.

#BargsRideDaPine
    LMAO so it's his fault raptors lost? What a load of bullcrap

Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

missed the game...took a look at the line and saw some posts...so your telling me Andrea in 16 mins of play, burn time in the 4th and 0 pts. Jonas benched. 3pt chucking. that sums it up...?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    Luke Walton is a skilled player. Wow. Man trolled us hard.
    I missed the game tonight but Luke Walton has played very well the past ten or so games. He's the team's best facilitator and has even made a few wide open shots lately.

Teams leave him wide open because he shoots below 40% despite almost every shot being a wide open shot.

I like him; he does not complain about his role and gives some of the funniest interviews (as he should being the son of Bill).

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey T.dot how can you have JV as your pic and root for a guy his exact opposite? Pretty sure you are trolling major there is no such thing as a diehard Bargnani fan....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I wonder how much they'd have to pay Phil Jackson to take the job....I'd settle for Jerry Sloan.
    "settle for Jerry Sloan"

yeah... settle...

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    "settle for Jerry Sloan"

yeah... settle...
    I was joking...

My point is that I would really like a coach who runs a system and knows how to use the players he's got.

*I don't even trust him defensively anymore if he can justify sitting JV for such long stretches to himself...Is there a minute cap on JV's play? He was the biggest defensive factor for the team most of the time he was on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    "settle for Jerry Sloan"

yeah... settle...
    I have mad respect for Jerry Sloan. I saw a recent interview with him and he looks and sounds like he has aged 25 years since he stopped coaching. Sadly I dont think we will see him coach again, I suspect he has some health issues.

On this game. Are we allowed to boo Casey? I am not sure since the boo police have been in full force. That man should be boo'd for sitting his productive bigs in the 4th. He did the same thing to ED b4 the trade. Ed would have amazing 1st and 3rd quarters and sit in the 4th. Nobody cared because they hated ED for his play in his first 2 years here. Now its happening to JV and we get this rookie excuse but I am not buying it. He just loves to go small in the 4th out of some obligation to his BFF AA.

Raptors Republic Rookie respectdmadman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What the raps need right now is a damn good offensive coordinator, and let Casey do what he is "supposed" to be good at. Seasons been lost for a while, but I liked the optimism till it ended. If ANYBODY can develop ANY form of consistency on the three ball, it would make such a difference in these games. I mean 10% while taking TWENTY!!!! shots!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    I have mad respect for Jerry Sloan. I saw a recent interview with him and he looks and sounds like he has aged 25 years since he stopped coaching. Sadly I dont think we will see him coach again, I suspect he has some health issues.

On this game. Are we allowed to boo Casey? I am not sure since the boo police have been in full force. That man should be boo'd for sitting his productive bigs in the 4th. He did the same thing to ED b4 the trade. Ed would have amazing 1st and 3rd quarters and sit in the 4th. Nobody cared because they hated ED for his play in his first 2 years here. Now its happening to JV and we get this rookie excuse but I am not buying it. He just loves to go small in the 4th out of some obligation to his BFF AA.
    I'm not sure about things with Sloan...I know there was a lot of talk in the summer that he would gladly come out of retirement if the right opportunity were there, but it could've just been BS out in the media....And maybe coaching is what kept him young

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about things with Sloan...I know there was a lot of talk in the summer that he would gladly come out of retirement if the right opportunity were there, but it could've just been BS out in the media....And maybe coaching is what kept him young
    I hope I am wrong because he is a fantastic coach. Really undervalued because of this leagues mantra about championships being the one and only thing that defines you. He just looked really really old and tired in that interview. Made me concerned for his health it was that visible.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I am wrong because he is a fantastic coach. Really undervalued because of this leagues mantra about championships being the one and only thing that defines you. He just looked really really old and tired in that interview. Made me concerned for his health it was that visible.
    The camera is not always flattering. Dude is 70. He's not young.

I agree about the championships thing...Yeah, he had Stockton and Malone....then the other main players on those finals teams were Hornacek. Ok, a good player....and then Bryon Russell, Howard Eisley, Greg Ostertag, Jeff Foster, Shandon Anderson, Antoine Carr...Frankly all those guys are scrubs.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    How much shots has he had? How many times has he been open and still not getting the ball so rudy and demar could up their stats?
    Shut up. Bargnani is fucking trash 15min without anything. The dude can't play D or rebound and he's 7 feet tall, i don't see how you can support such a worthless Bigman. I say amnesty him, the best we're going to get for this guy is another teams garbage and we already have enough of that in Lucas and Anderson
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dwane Casey is a crap coach. Bring in someone else honestly. You have guys like Greg Popovich who can play his bench and almost beat the miami heat. Then you got Dwane Casey over here who has a talented group of young players and cant beat a banged up bottom feeder coming off a back to back who is missing their franchise player. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe his coaching and rotations.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Dwane Casey is a crap coach. Bring in someone else honestly. You have guys like Greg Popovich who can play his bench and almost beat the miami heat. Then you got Dwane Casey over here who has a talented group of young players and cant beat a banged up bottom feeder coming off a back to back who is missing their franchise player. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe his coaching and rotations.
    Harsh but true.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Raptors Republic Rookie respectdmadman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Dwane Casey is a crap coach. Bring in someone else honestly. You have guys like Greg Popovich .
    Really dude, You just compared one of the all time legends in coaching with an average coach. You really think its that easy to get somebody like Pop. Pop is 1 in a million coach, you get one you keep him for life. Calling Casey Crap and asking for a new coach every time they have a bad game is ridiculous. Let em go through their growing pains, watch some painful basketball and get on with your life. Casey obviously has to play "some" players over the others either b/c of management or for whatever crazy reason. Do I question him sometimes, yeah all the time, calling him crap for trying new things and failing utterly.... yeah I get it, but understand his philosophy has been adjusted. Thats what happens when you get new players and your playing style changes. I like the playoff optimism, but did anyone REALLY think they were getting in. I'm more than happy with the 9th seed this year, just hate losing the "gimme" game.
    "If thats what you say bruh"- Russel Westbrook

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i vaguely remember a playoff game in the 90's with hannah storm reporting pre-game for NBC that jerry sloan had recently quit his 3 pack a day habit, or some truly unfathomable amount.

i also hope you are wrong that decade's of that shit has not caught up with him

Post Thanks / Like

I was joking...

My point is that I would really like a coach who runs a system and knows how to use the players he's got.

*I don't even trust him defensively anymore if he can justify sitting JV for such long stretches to himself...Is there a minute cap on JV's play? He was the biggest defensive factor for the team most of the time he was on the floor.
    So was I... my bad, probably should of put a smiley face on there eh

Thread Information