No announcement yet.

GT: Raps at Cavs - Raptor Revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the raps need right now is a damn good offensive coordinator, and let Casey do what he is "supposed" to be good at. Seasons been lost for a while, but I liked the optimism till it ended. If ANYBODY can develop ANY form of consistency on the three ball, it would make such a difference in these games. I mean 10% while taking TWENTY!!!! shots!
    "If thats what you say bruh"- Russel Westbrook

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
      I have mad respect for Jerry Sloan. I saw a recent interview with him and he looks and sounds like he has aged 25 years since he stopped coaching. Sadly I dont think we will see him coach again, I suspect he has some health issues.

On this game. Are we allowed to boo Casey? I am not sure since the boo police have been in full force. That man should be boo'd for sitting his productive bigs in the 4th. He did the same thing to ED b4 the trade. Ed would have amazing 1st and 3rd quarters and sit in the 4th. Nobody cared because they hated ED for his play in his first 2 years here. Now its happening to JV and we get this rookie excuse but I am not buying it. He just loves to go small in the 4th out of some obligation to his BFF AA.
      I'm not sure about things with Sloan...I know there was a lot of talk in the summer that he would gladly come out of retirement if the right opportunity were there, but it could've just been BS out in the media....And maybe coaching is what kept him young

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I'm not sure about things with Sloan...I know there was a lot of talk in the summer that he would gladly come out of retirement if the right opportunity were there, but it could've just been BS out in the media....And maybe coaching is what kept him young
        I hope I am wrong because he is a fantastic coach. Really undervalued because of this leagues mantra about championships being the one and only thing that defines you. He just looked really really old and tired in that interview. Made me concerned for his health it was that visible.

Comment

I hope I am wrong because he is a fantastic coach. Really undervalued because of this leagues mantra about championships being the one and only thing that defines you. He just looked really really old and tired in that interview. Made me concerned for his health it was that visible.
          The camera is not always flattering. Dude is 70. He's not young.

I agree about the championships thing...Yeah, he had Stockton and Malone....then the other main players on those finals teams were Hornacek. Ok, a good player....and then Bryon Russell, Howard Eisley, Greg Ostertag, Jeff Foster, Shandon Anderson, Antoine Carr...Frankly all those guys are scrubs.

Comment

• T.Dot wrote: View Post
            How much shots has he had? How many times has he been open and still not getting the ball so rudy and demar could up their stats?
            Shut up. Bargnani is fucking trash 15min without anything. The dude can't play D or rebound and he's 7 feet tall, i don't see how you can support such a worthless Bigman. I say amnesty him, the best we're going to get for this guy is another teams garbage and we already have enough of that in Lucas and Anderson

Comment

• Dwane Casey is a crap coach. Bring in someone else honestly. You have guys like Greg Popovich who can play his bench and almost beat the miami heat. Then you got Dwane Casey over here who has a talented group of young players and cant beat a banged up bottom feeder coming off a back to back who is missing their franchise player. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe his coaching and rotations.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Dwane Casey is a crap coach. Bring in someone else honestly. You have guys like Greg Popovich who can play his bench and almost beat the miami heat. Then you got Dwane Casey over here who has a talented group of young players and cant beat a banged up bottom feeder coming off a back to back who is missing their franchise player. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe his coaching and rotations.
                Harsh but true.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Dwane Casey is a crap coach. Bring in someone else honestly. You have guys like Greg Popovich .
                  Really dude, You just compared one of the all time legends in coaching with an average coach. You really think its that easy to get somebody like Pop. Pop is 1 in a million coach, you get one you keep him for life. Calling Casey Crap and asking for a new coach every time they have a bad game is ridiculous. Let em go through their growing pains, watch some painful basketball and get on with your life. Casey obviously has to play "some" players over the others either b/c of management or for whatever crazy reason. Do I question him sometimes, yeah all the time, calling him crap for trying new things and failing utterly.... yeah I get it, but understand his philosophy has been adjusted. Thats what happens when you get new players and your playing style changes. I like the playoff optimism, but did anyone REALLY think they were getting in. I'm more than happy with the 9th seed this year, just hate losing the "gimme" game.
                  "If thats what you say bruh"- Russel Westbrook

Comment

i vaguely remember a playoff game in the 90's with hannah storm reporting pre-game for NBC that jerry sloan had recently quit his 3 pack a day habit, or some truly unfathomable amount.

i also hope you are wrong that decade's of that shit has not caught up with him

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I was joking...

My point is that I would really like a coach who runs a system and knows how to use the players he's got.

*I don't even trust him defensively anymore if he can justify sitting JV for such long stretches to himself...Is there a minute cap on JV's play? He was the biggest defensive factor for the team most of the time he was on the floor.
                      So was I... my bad, probably should of put a smiley face on there eh

Comment

• We all have to remember Coach Casey is still a rookie NBA head coach, having past experience only in Minnesota, where he was actually doing a fine job, until he got "Sam Mitchell'd".

Coach Casey is a solid, solid coach. Great defensive principles, fundamentally sound, and all about the x's and o's. Those rotations and player management - yes, I agree, it's absolutely awful - are an obvious example of little experience, or lack thereof. He's also a player's coach, who really puts confidence in one's group, and whilst that is a positive for the players, and the organization knowing there's stability, it also is a negative, for one coach's accountability - which he was known for until this season - becomes blinded.

I really do believe it's what the organization needs to do about. They clearly haven't done their job of giving the players Coach Casey needs to use in terms of his team being successful.

Casey asked for three things before the deadline:

- Toughness = Andrea Bargnani is still here.
                        - Veteran leadership, or experience = Andrea Bargnani.
                        - A back-up point guard as insurance = Sebastian Telfair, a solid guy who expires this season (if all goes well, I would definitely take him over Lucas).

So, Colangelo only addressed 1 out of those 3 things, and this team is still in need of a low post scorer. Dwane Casey is trying to use his players, he was absolutely correct as well when he pointed out: "I can't have the starters play 48 minutes, actually they played almost 48 minutes.."
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• @Reuben its on the team and Colangelo sailing the titanic right into that iceberg by keeping Bargnani here, literally trading Bargs for even Ben Gordon and a 2nd rounder would have helped the team. Moving Bargnani and not having him anymore is addition by subtraction hes gotta go anytime hes out there its a liability.

Comment

• The cable tv, internet, and phone cut out at about 7 minutes to go in the 4th quarter so I didn't see the end of the game.

I caught some replays this morning and I want to stab bargnani in the eye.

There seems to be so much frustration with the coaching stafff *ie: dough collins* to ignite players.... It's sad really...

Comment

• Toronto Raptors. "where feeling sorry for Andrea gets you out of the playoff hunt"

Comment

Shut up. Bargnani is fucking trash 15min without anything. The dude can't play D or rebound and he's 7 feet tall, i don't see how you can support such a worthless Bigman. I say amnesty him, the best we're going to get for this guy is another teams garbage and we already have enough of that in Lucas and Anderson
                                Okay well I honestly don't give a shit what you say because you just pissed me off. You guys are fucking hilarious! I'm supporting him because I know he can do better and be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X