Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Raptors seriously needs a new coach!!! The Van Gundy brothers are available

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

seems to me 9th is the spot were going for. bargs and a future first rounder is a much better trade chip than bargs alone.

Casey is a good coach. his bench sucks and anytime they don't show up we are going to lose. he only has one bench option and it is to throw out 3 different volume shooters and hope one gets going.

bargs has just been horrible since going to the bench. so bad. so so so bad. but the only other option he has is give up on the season and play acy or offensively inept fields. his only hope is bargs comes in and makes some baskets.

I would have liked to see telfair get more burn but the Playbook of "anyone of the bench players you pass the ball to is going to shoot it right away" must be difficult tl master.

I understand the hurt after all the recent optimism and we are being shat on by worse teams then us.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to add his rotations vs the knicks

We had amare + chandler down to 5 fouls. So the knicks bench chandler. Casey's response? Go 4 guards and chuck threes for the next ten minutes. Like what the fuck really?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to add to this discussion that most coaches make almost no difference to their team's success. I wish I still had the link to the research, but only a handful of NBA coaches consistently produce winning results across multiple rosters and teams; like 95% of the time it's the talent level on the roster that matters. Sure coaches can sabotage teams by being awful, but it takes a truly rare and exceptional coach to get his players playing above their abilities consistently. You can argue all you like about whether Casey is that kind of sabotaging force, but to expect him to work miracles with this roster is a bit silly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    Just wanted to add to this discussion that most coaches make almost no difference to their team's success. I wish I still had the link to the research, but only a handful of NBA coaches consistently produce winning results across multiple rosters and teams; like 95% of the time it's the talent level on the roster that matters. Sure coaches can sabotage teams by being awful, but it takes a truly rare and exceptional coach to get his players playing above their abilities consistently. You can argue all you like about whether Casey is that kind of sabotaging force, but to expect him to work miracles with this roster is a bit silly.
    I think that is the issue here.

The Raptors do in fact have talent. They aren't deep and they aren't overwhelmed by it but there are some pieces here.

No, Casey might not lead to wins but he can certainly help avoid losses. He is making some dumb ass decisions that were easily ignored or unnoticed with the talent level of last year and early this year.

Forget X's and O's. Forget sub patterns. Forget matchups. Forget screwing over JV and TR.

The number one concern I have right now is his lack to motivate.

Motivation has always been Casey's calling card. Guys bought in. Guys played hard. Guys were motivated.

These last 2 games - the most important games of the last 2 seasons (actually nearly 4 seasons) - were a serious let down.

I don't know why this is but whatever the reason that falls on the coach - fair or not.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

So you're saying you blame a lack of motivation during a playoff race on the coach and not the players? Gotcha.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the team is playing unmotivated. I thought they played hard last night... I just don't think they played very well.

Maybe the honeymoon phase of the Rudy Gay trade skewed people's expectations a little too high but I still see this roster with