8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maury

8 100.00%
  • Mack11

0 0%

Thread: Legacy League match 10 Maury vs Mack11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Legacy League match 10 Maury vs Mack11

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted an 8 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Mack11 vs Maury

Maury lineup

PGIsiah Thomas - 21.3 PPG, 11.3 APG, 2.3 SPG (84-85), 12x All Star, 2x NBA Champion, Finals MVP, 5x All NBA, 3x All NBA 1st Team

SGMichael Jordan - 33.6 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 6.3 APG, 2.8 SPG, .376 3P% (89-90), DPOY, 14x All Star, 5x MVP, 6x NBA Champion, 6x Finals MVP, 9x All Defensive, 11x All NBA

SFJulius Erving - 27.4 PPG, 10.7 RPG, 2.3 SPG, 2.5 BPG, .395 3P% (74-75), 3x ABA MVP, 1x NBA MVP, 16x All Star, 3x Champion, 13x All NBA/ABA, 1st team All Defence

PFBob Pettit - 31.1 PPG, 18.7 RPG, 3.7 APG, .450 FG%, (61-62), 11x All Star 2x MVP, NBA Champion, 11x All-NBA

CBill Walton - 18.6 PPG, 14.4 RPG, 3.2 BPG, 5.0 APG, 24.8 PER (76-77) 2x All Star, NBA MVP, 2x NBA Champion, Finals MVP, 2x All Defensive 1st team, 2x All NBA, 6MOY.

Bench

Derrick Rose - 25.0 PPG, 7.7 APG, .445 FG%, .332 3P% (10-11), 3x All Star, Youngest MVP in league history, All-NBA 1st team

Sidney Moncrief - 19.8 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 4.8 APG, 1.7 SPG (81-82) 22.6 PER (82-83), 5x All Star, 2x DPOY, 5x All Defence, 5x All NBA,

Glen Rice - 26.8 PPG, 4.0 RPG, .470 3P%, .477 FG%, 0.9 SPG (96-97), 3x All Star, NBA Champion, 2x All-NBA

Chris Webber - 27.1 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 4.2 APG, 1.7 BPG, (00,01) 5x All Star,
    5x All-NBA

Yao Ming - 25.0 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 2.0 BPG, 2.0 APG, .516 FG%, .862 FT%, 8.6 FTA, 8x All-Star, 5x All-NBA

I will be rolling with a conventional starting 5 with Pettit at the 4. We match up well with Mackís team. His best player is Tim Duncan, who Bill Walton can handle. Walton was one of the greatest defenders at center, and he can hold his own against an out of position Duncan. Mack canít guard both Julius Erving and MJ; his bench doesnít hold up to mine. I will be running up and down the floor and Mackís team canít keep up. Sidney Moncrief will force AI to miss, Yao will dominate off the bench, Chris Webber will outplay Griffin. We will definitely show and go under Mackís PnR heavy offence, Jerry West will be have to force up late clock jumpers. MJ can shut down George Gervin. If the game is close, Mack doesnít have anyone that can stop MJ in the clutch.

Mack11 assumed STARTING 5

PG - Jerry West
    SG - George Gervin
    SF - Elgin Baylor
    PF - Bosh
    C - Duncan

Bench
    PG/SG - Iverson
    SF/PF - Melo
    PF/C - Griffin
    SG/SF- Alvin Robertson
    C - Walt Bellamy

Mack11 failed to provide a gameplan, please enjoy this limited edition Bargnani signed player card in its place.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Raptors Republic Starter 92TillInfinity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Isiah Thomas and MJ in the same starting lineup? Who gets frozen out first lol? Seriously though thats a tough matchup for Mack11. Yao coming off the bench is absolutely nuts. Good luck to Bellamy on defense and AI on offense. Hard to bet against MJ.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Maury you get my vote especially since the other person didn't even submit a gameplan

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to see any way that Maury would lose this. Too strong on the perimeter for Mack11.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a tough matchup to judge. I've not really seen enough Pettit to judge him. Jerry West and Baylor were athletic, skilled players, personally I think they would translate well. I'd especially be confident about Jerry West who's a lights out shooter. But it's all a matter of opinion!

What Maury has going for him: he's the man with a plan!

Isiah and Jordan is a tough, scary backcourt.

Michael has a mismatch with Gervin who didn't play much defense.

I guess Mack can try assigning Jerry West on Jordan. I've no idea how that goes, but West had a defensive reputation, and from what I've seen, it was well justified reputation -- motor, athlete, freak wingspan which I read was 6'9, but whatever the number, his length is very noticeable.

Also, all 1960s guys are measured in socks, so we can safely add 1-2 inches to their official reported heights which makes Jerry West 6'3-6'4 with a 6'9 wingspan. That's good size for a defensive SG and bigger than Moncrief, Dumars and some other guys who regularly guarded Jordan.

However, that still leaves the problem, it will be hard or impossible to hide Gervin in this matchup, Maury has 3 major offensive perimeter players.

What Mack has going for him: Jerry West and Baylor went to 8 NBA finals together (even if Baylor was injured during some of them), that's a lot of chemistry...

I think Duncan has a pretty big mismatch here, he's just much more athletic, stronger, faster than Walton. Walton has size advantage, but I think he'll get shoved around and run around by Duncan. I think Duncan is putting up huge numbers here. He's also a great passer, so it could really open up this offense from inside out.

Also, Isiah is a small guy compared to Mack's perimeter players, so that's also something they would probably try to attack.

Both teams have really great benches, but I wish someone picked Iverson as a starter, he deserves better than to sit on a bench!

Anyway, got to go with the man with a plan, Maury!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Vote maury

Thread Information