30 83.33%
  • Jonas Valanciunas

6 16.67%
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time to trade Demar DeRozan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it time to trade Demar DeRozan

I will admit that I have never been a fan of Demar Derozan. I did warm up to him at the end of last season, but have never been completely sold. Also, keep in mind my view of Demar is based on his expectation of being an all-star with a $10 million per year salary. He has grown into a decent scoring threat; however, I would not consider him to be an elite scorer. He does not have the ability to take over games with his offence and it is too easy for other teams to get him off his game. He is a very weak 3-point shooter, and generally quite weak overall. He does have the ability to draw fouls, but rarely seems to have and-1's. (Someone may be able to check into this.) There is no other facet of the game in which Demar excels: he is a below average rebounder, less than stellar defender (on the ball and off the ball), poor passer, and does not seem to make his teammates better. Some may consider his salary to be reasonable, only improving his trade value.

I assume that no one wants to trade Lowry, so of the Raptor's second tier players and/or 'lifers', considering production, age, position, salary, etc., which player would you trade.
    • Demar Derozan
    • Jonas Valanciunas

2. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

O boy. you have no idea what you stirred up here...

Raptors Republic Starter Cody73's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross or Lou. We need a SF or PF. JV and DD are key parts of this team. You sir, are a lovely person who made a bad post. Sorry for my insult.
    Last edited by Cody73; Thu Jan 22nd, 2015 at 05:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

*Sigh*

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway no big moves will be made before the summer

Raptors Republic Starter godkingleonidas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Like Joey, blackjitsu liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's like a real election, you can either vote for the lesser evil or throw your vote away.

Raptors Republic Starter SamMitchells's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it time to trade Demar DeRozan

What's wrong with you guys? OP made good points. Demar is barely a superstar , yes barely. Well actually I don't even know if he's a superstar , he's an Allstar that's all.
    He often gets too ahead of himself and thinks he's kobe.. I think we (fans and te team) have gassed him up too much.
    I do like him personality wise and he has great work ethic , but he's simply not as skilled as many of you wish he was or are deceived to think he is.

Would love to know Raptors999 / oldscoolcool opinions

Jimmy butler is 5x DeRozan
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF difference does it make who I would be willing to trade?
    Does anyone think Masai will actually trade either this season?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Maaaaaybe.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Not likely

Raptors Republic All-Star bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't trade either. Neither are superstars but they can be second, third or fourth guys on a contender. Y'all need to be more patient.

Post Thanks / Like

Are the pieces coming back going to make the Raps better now and in the future? Is so, a trade will happen. If not it won't. Doubt Masai is actively shopping either though.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't trade either. Neither are superstars but they can be second, third or fourth guys on a contender. Y'all need to be more patient.
    I... uh.. voted... uh... gonnaleavebye

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    What's wrong with you guys? OP made good points. Demar is barely a superstar , yes barely. Well actually I don't even know if he's a superstar , he's an Allstar that's all.
    He often gets too ahead of himself and thinks he's kobe.. I think we (fans and te team) have gassed him up too much.
    I do like him personality wise and he has great work ethic , but he's simply not as skilled as many of you wish he was or are deceived to think he is.

Alright, let's go there:

You're right, DeMar is not a superstar - just like every other player on this roster. So while we're trading DeMar because "he's not quite Kobe," let's also trade Lowry because he's not quite Chris Paul, we can trade Ross because he's not quite Klay Thompson, I think we should dump Amir since he's not quite Blake Griffin, then let's firesale Jonas as he's not quite Marc Gasol. As for the bench - well, we Lou Williams is no Ginobli, so get rid of him, etc. etc. etc. You know what else? Drake is no Jay-Z, so let's fire him, too. Casey is no Popovich, so he should go, and MU doesn't have a Pat Riley record yet, so let's can him too. Also, I think Golden State and Portland may have better fans. Let's just move the franchise to Seattle, because clearly nobody here is Michael Jordan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SamMitchells wrote: View Post

So what could we get in return? Josh Smith?

Raptors Republic Starter SamMitchells's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Alright, let's go there:

You're right, DeMar is not a superstar - just like every other player on this roster. So while we're trading DeMar because "he's not quite Kobe," let's also trade Lowry because he's not quite Chris Paul, we can trade Ross because he's not quite Klay Thompson, I think we should dump Amir since he's not quite Blake Griffin, then let's firesale Jonas as he's not quite Marc Gasol. As for the bench - well, we Lou Williams is no Ginobli, so get rid of him, etc. etc. etc. You know what else? Drake is no Jay-Z, so let's fire him, too. Casey is no Popovich, so he should go, and MU doesn't have a Pat Riley record yet, so let's can him too. Also, I think Golden State and Portland may have better fans. Let's just move the franchise to Seattle, because clearly nobody here is Michael Jordan.
    Don't get me wrong. Last guy said waive demar. That's ridiculous ...
    BUT...
    If jimmy butler for demar is an option , you take that without even thinking twice .
    If you think twice , you failed.
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Alright, let's go there:

This.

Can the "Chicken Little," mediocrity complex fans please stop with the rhetoric? Please?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's trade Casey before these 2 guys

Casey for Shavlik Randolph?

Who says no?

Raptors Republic Starter Cody73's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Let's trade Casey before these 2 guys

Casey for Shavlik Randolph?

Who says no?
    I do. The guy is worse than Steamer.