No announcement yet.

GT: Pacers @ Raptors: The Back To Back of all back to backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Derozan is awesome. He's attacking the leagues best defense like a boss

Comment

• That is what we want when we run the pin-down for DD!

Comment

• Bargnani needs some therapist sessions.

Comment

• symbot wrote: View Post
          That is what we want when we run the pin-down for DD!
          It's always something he looks for. A lot of the time when he's looking for his shot it's because that's what the D is giving him.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            dude I feel like u are trolling now.. get over it.. is every post gonna be about bargnani for the rest of the season?
            I am frustrated, by the sympathy for a player that has been shown to be bad time and time again, part of me feels that this is a Colangelo con, that Andrea would have been out of the league if he had to earn playing time in other systems, or at best a fringe player. I think we have been hiding a bust for a long time, advanced stats show this clearly. Yet this idea that giving him more time will make him into something different is killing me.

I don't think it was a coincidence that we went on a winning streak with him out.
            Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Mar 1, 2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Bargnani needs some therapist sessions.
              electroshock therapy

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                total fouls.. I noticed it on his first possession and hes been doing it since
                The whole Pacer team plays very physical, fouling every play, Riley-era-Knicks style
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                  I am frustrated, by the sympathy for a player that has been shown to be bad time and time again, part of me feels that this is a Colangelo con, that Andrea would have been out of the league if he had to earn playing time in other systems, or at best a fringe player.
                  It's not sympathy man, it's wanting the guy to play better since he's on the floor. How is that anything other than wanting the team to do better? You seem to relish the negative impact he has on the team, like it's validation of everything you've ever believed. Nobody cares how much you hate Bargnani. We just want the team to win, and he's on the floor, therefore we'd rather see him do well, and actually hate him for mistakes he makes, not for Alan Anderson passing it to his ass.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    electroshock therapy
                    That might work too.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      That might work too.
                      Is that allowed?

Comment

It's not sympathy man, it's wanting the guy to play better since he's on the floor. How is that anything other than wanting the team to do better? You seem to relish the negative impact he has on the team, like it's validation of everything you've ever believed. Nobody cares how much you hate Bargnani. We just want the team to win, and he's on the floor, therefore we'd rather see him do well, and actually hate him for mistakes he makes, not for Alan Anderson passing it to his ass.
                        I want John Lucas to play better but I do not shower him with minutes, at the expense of other options.

I think the forced playing time, is precisely why Andrea is so bad. This idea that you can play yourself through your mistakes was dumb, all it creates is habit. We are seeing how bad habit is to break, with Andrea giving us ZERO hustle out there.

He did not get a rebound in 14 minutes, but we are happy that he made one basket. This is getting beyond ridiculous.
                        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Mar 1, 2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

It's always something he looks for. A lot of the time when he's looking for his shot it's because that's what the D is giving him.
                          That was exactly my point earlier (a point that I made badly).

If the D is giving him a 20-foot jumper off that pin-down curl he should be passing it up and looking to half-drive to further collapse the D and then kick out for a 3. The D is conceding the long 2 because they know it is an inefficient shot. We want to generate shots at the basket or open 3s from that action, not long 2s.

Comment

• symbot wrote: View Post
                            That was exactly my point earlier (a point that I made badly).

If the D is giving him a 20-foot jumper off that pin-down curl he should be passing it up and looking to half-drive to further collapse the D and then kick out for a 3. The D is conceding the long 2 because they know it is an inefficient shot. We want to generate shots at the basket or open 3s from that action, not long 2s.
                            sigh...open 3s for who? Lowry's the only decent shooter. Demar does do that as well sometimes. Nobody makes the right play 100% of the time. Demar makes the right play a lot of the time. He also has to take some of those shots because it makes the D play him differently, and can open things up even more for him and his teammates....

The thing it's important to remember is that the D would rather he pass the ball than take the shot. The plan is always to make the scorer give up the ball. You want to make others beat you and you want to make that player become passive. Sometimes the jump shot is exactly the right play, even if it doesn't go in.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                              I want John Lucas to play better but I do not shower him with minutes, at the expense of other options.

I think the forced playing time, is precisely why Andrea is so bad. This idea that you can play yourself through your mistakes was dumb, all it creates is habit. We are seeing how bad habit is to break, with Andrea giving us ZERO hustle out there.

He did not get a rebound in 14 minutes, but we are happy that he made one basket. This is getting beyond ridiculous.
                              Is that only me but how the hell can he get freaking rebound when he's not active in the court? You all see how he's running, just take a look how he sets screen - slowly, it feels like he doesn't even want play in the game. Sad. He needs to be more aggressive, more energetic then maybe his game come back. you need to fight for all rebounds and points before they come to the stats line.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Is that allowed?
                              Prob not, but therapist + redbull can before game should work for him

Comment

• Devlin said that there might be a problem of some sort with Gay

Comment

Working...
                                X