Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 164

Thread: With The Current Club, What Are We Missing?

  1. #141
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The current team is good enough to make some noise have a solid record and make the playoffs, just need to patch the PF spot and back up PG spot and we should be good, Pietrus waived, Klieza Amnestied.

    Assets to trade

    Bargnani
    Anderson
    Fields*
    Lucas
    Acy

  2. #142
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    The current team is good enough to make some noise have a solid record and make the playoffs, just need to patch the PF spot and back up PG spot and we should be good, Pietrus waived, Klieza Amnestied.

    Assets to trade

    Bargnani
    Anderson
    Fields*
    Lucas
    Acy
    We also need a coach who doesn't take three-quarters of a season to determine what his rotation is....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  3. #143
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Casey is fine..... I dont care who you are in the NBA you cant win with useless subs which they have been as of late. +the Bargnani factor too.

  4. #144
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    The current team is good enough to make some noise have a solid record and make the playoffs, just need to patch the PF spot and back up PG spot and we should be good, Pietrus waived, Klieza Amnestied.

    Assets to trade

    Bargnani
    Anderson
    Fields*
    Lucas
    Acy
    Why do I keep seeing "Anderson is a trade asset" things? He is an unrestricted FA of little value. If the team wanted to match any offer he got, other teams won't care. They'll just move on to another depth wing, of which there are too many to count, if he refuses to sign without a sign-and-trade to help the Raps. THey're not going to get into a bidding war or give up other assets for him.

  5. #145
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Why do I keep seeing "Anderson is a trade asset" things? He is an unrestricted FA of little value. If the team wanted to match any offer he got, other teams won't care. They'll just move on to another depth wing, of which there are too many to count, if he refuses to sign without a sign-and-trade to help the Raps. THey're not going to get into a bidding war or give up other assets for him.
    For that matter, Lucas isn't trade bait either. If the Raps don't want him back, they don't have to pickup their team option on him. They also can't trade him without picking up the option. Is Acy really trade bait, or does he just happen to be under contract?

    Realistically, I see the Raptors trade assets shaping up like this:
    - Bargnani
    - Fields
    - DeRozan

    I don't think Fields is overly desired, due to his bloated poison-pill contract. Bargnani will likely return a contract that is equally bad or worse. DeRozan is the only asset that I think has any legitimate trade value, especially for a top-tier quality player.

    The Raps should be looking to build around a core of:
    C - Valanciunas
    PF - Johnson (ideally a backup PF / 3rd big)
    SF - Gay
    SG - Fields (highly untradeable but good Anthony Parker type glue-guy)
    SG - Ross (backup next season)
    PG - Lowry

    DeRozan is a good young player, but he's overpaid and the team can't afford to have 2 inefficient volume scorers (Gay is the one to keep) on the roster, especially in the starting lineup. He's also the team's best best to acquire a legit starting PF with a traditional low-post presence, which is the most glaring hole on this roster right now.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Mar 6th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

  6. #146
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    The current team is good enough to make some noise have a solid record and make the playoffs, just need to patch the PF spot and back up PG spot and we should be good, Pietrus waived, Klieza Amnestied.

    Assets to trade

    Bargnani
    Anderson
    Fields*
    Lucas
    Acy
    That's an extremely optimistic outlook for a 23-38 team.

    I don't see any of those players as bringing back anything of value other than maybe Bargs.

    People are way too bullish on this roster.

  7. #147
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    For that matter, Lucas isn't trade bait either. If the Raps don't want him back, they don't have to pickup their team option on him. They also can't trade him without picking up the option. Is Acy really trade bait, or does he just happen to be under contract?

    Realistically, I see the Raptors trade assets shaping up like this:
    - Bargnani
    - Fields
    - DeRozan

    I don't think Fields is overly desired, due to his bloated poison-pill contract. Bargnani will likely return a contract that is equally bad or worse. DeRozan is the only asset that I think has any legitimate trade value, especially for a top-tier quality player.
    Yeah, basically....
    Bargnani = expendable and has to go
    Fields = unfortunate contract, may not have trade value until teams see some kind of turnaround in his jumper or until his expiring year
    Demar, and Ross = Both somewhat untouchable in different ways. Trading either one would have to at worst, be a lateral talent move that hopefully results in better fit... I wouldn't do a Millsap for Demar trade, but I understand the merit in the argument for it. Similar for Ross. I understand people wanting to be rid of Bargs, even if they need to attach Ross to Bargs to get a deal done...but even in that scenario, it can't be just to help the team unload Bargs, and should only be considered if it lands them a legit starter in his prime, at the very least, again, like a Millsap. Just like with Demar, I wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of Ross even in such a package, but it's the minimum kind of sense any deal would have to make. Frankly, as much as I like Millsap, I would have a hard time as a fan seeing either guy go for anything less than a legit all-star, or a young high potential prospect at another position, like PF or PG. Draft day trade for Anthony Bennett ? mid season trade for Eric Bledsoe?? half kidding on these...but these are the kinds of young players I would want for Terrence Ross. Maybe I'm being irrationally greedy, but given the new CBA outlook, I'd be hesitant to part iwth a high-potential player on a rookie-scale deal without getting something similar back, or a proven talent that I'd like to be all-star/playoff proven.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Mar 6th, 2013 at 02:33 PM.

  8. #148
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    That's an extremely optimistic outlook for a 23-38 team.

    I don't see any of those players as bringing back anything of value other than maybe Bargs.

    People are way too bullish on this roster.
    If we started the season with the current team and didnt have Bargs yes I do think we would be talking playoffs.. It isnt a stretch at all.

  9. #149
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    If we started the season with the current team and didnt have Bargs yes I do think we would be talking playoffs.. It isnt a stretch at all.
    Don't forget injuries so early into the season.

  10. #150
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Don't forget injuries so early into the season.
    I disagree with this. The injuries seemed to be a blessing in disguise. This team was spiralling out of control before Lowry and Bargnani went down. It wasn't until Davis/Amir got pumped up minutes and Calderon took over the offense that the team started to improve.

  11. #151
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    If we started the season with the current team and didnt have Bargs yes I do think we would be talking playoffs.. It isnt a stretch at all.
    We'll never know. But they are now at .500 (or below?) since the Gay deal and things seem to be unravelling rather than getting better. Next year? Who knows? Lots can happen in the offseason with other teams getting better. There are just too many flaws with this team to be confident in this roster.

  12. #152
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    I disagree with this. The injuries seemed to be a blessing in disguise. This team was spiralling out of control before Lowry and Bargnani went down. It wasn't until Davis/Amir got pumped up minutes and Calderon took over the offense that the team started to improve.
    Hmmmm. You are correct in a sense, I did not consider the Davis getting PT, and the winning streaks...

  13. #153
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Has anyone noticed how well Amare Stoudamire has been doing in New York as of late? I wonder if that that proposed trade of Bargs for Amare would still be on the table in the off season.

  14. #154
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Has anyone noticed how well Amare Stoudamire has been doing in New York as of late? I wonder if that that proposed trade of Bargs for Amare would still be on the table in the off season.
    I noticed how unlike himself he looked in the 2 games vs. the Raps. Amar'e might have one of the only contracts in the league worse than Bargs (might, it's certainly debatable).

  15. #155
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I noticed how unlike himself he looked in the 2 games vs. the Raps. Amar'e might have one of the only contracts in the league worse than Bargs (might, it's certainly debatable).
    Actually I would take a chance on Amare because it looks like he is starting to get healthy and is rounding into shape. He can provide the low post scoring we need as well. Basically we don't have many options to improve the roster and if it was between trading Bargs for Amare or Boozer I would take a chance on Amare. He could be our David West.

  16. #156
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Actually I would take a chance on Amare because it looks like he is starting to get healthy and is rounding into shape. He can provide the low post scoring we need as well. Basically we don't have many options to improve the roster and if it was between trading Bargs for Amare or Boozer I would take a chance on Amare. He could be our David West.
    Amare is owed about $13 million more than Boozer over the next 2 seasons, so we'd have to give up more than just Bargnani and Lucas to make the salaries match.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  17. #157
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Amare is owed about $13 million more than Boozer over the next 2 seasons, so we'd have to give up more than just Bargnani and Lucas to make the salaries match.
    Jeebus, if there is any opportunity to send Fields back there I would do it in a heart beat!

  18. #158
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Seriously, I would just try to sign Carl Landry for the MLE before taking Amar'e. Don't need those broken knees with a high price, and they actually play very similar roles off the bench.

  19. #159
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Seriously, I would just try to sign Carl Landry for the MLE before taking Amar'e. Don't need those broken knees with a high price, and they actually play very similar roles off the bench.
    Don't know if Landry is worth more/less the MLE, but if we can't get a power forward/inside presence with trading Bargnani + wing player (Fields, Ross, Derozan), than I say trade Bargnani to a contender for those surrounding pieces, I would be fine with that.

  20. #160
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Don't know if Landry is worth more/less the MLE, but if we can't get a power forward/inside presence with trading Bargnani + wing player (Fields, Ross, Derozan), than I say trade Bargnani to a contender for those surrounding pieces, I would be fine with that.
    His player option is for 4 million next year...I'm pretty sure a big who's averaged 12 and 5 his whole career, and is a solid bench weapon, could make more htan that. It might not even have to be the full MLE to sign him and it could still be a payraise. There will not be a lot of great bigs on the market if they can't get one back in a Bargs deal.

    He could decide not to opt out, but that's something I obviously have no clue on either way. Again, IMO it just seems like he could make even just a bit more if he hit the market.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •