Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With The Current Club, What Are We Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW, I actually don't think the Gay deal was the flexibility killer.

As far as I'm concerned, the writing was on the wall when Derozan got extended at the beginning of the season.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
      FWIW, I actually don't think the Gay deal was the flexibility killer.

As far as I'm concerned, the writing was on the wall when Derozan got extended at the beginning of the season.
      +1

Comment

• Amnesty Kleiza
        Find a suitor of a team for Bargs and Fields
        Sign a star caliber PF
        Get Anthony Morrow
        Get a backup PG

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          From what I understand, waiving Kleiza doesn't remove his cap implications. Only the amnesty provision can do that.
          Bingo.

If Kleiza agreed to a buyout for $1 that would work though.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Bingo.

If Kleiza agreed to a buyout for $1 that would work though.
            Kleiza does have a player option. He could decline the option and test free agency. @ $4.6M I don't see it happening, but weird things do happen in the NBA.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              +1
              +2

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Kleiza does have a player option. He could decline the option and test free agency. @ $4.6M I don't see it happening, but weird things do happen in the NBA.
                Definitely not. I mean, anything could happen, but....

He is damaged goods and likely to fetch a minimum contract if that. I don't think I am undervaluing him either. Barbosa was a useful player last season and this year couldn't find a team until a few weeks in.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Definitely not. I mean, anything could happen, but....

He is damaged goods and likely to fetch a minimum contract if that. I don't think I am undervaluing him either. Barbosa was a useful player last season and this year couldn't find a team until a few weeks in.
                  I'm 99.9999999999999999999999% sure he will pick up that option.. but he could decide to opt out and get a long term contract in Europe.

Comment

I'm 99.9999999999999999999999% sure he will pick up that option.. but he could decide to opt out and get a long term contract in Europe.
                    I think he picks it up knowing he will be amnestied and gets a contract in Europe.

I think it was Wolstat who made that comment on Twitter last week.

Comment

• (Merged)

Seeing too many off-season threads on here, used the one generating more replies as the main.

Cheers!
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Even if waiving Kleiza removed his cap implications (which it doesn't) they still wouldn't be even close to making a competitive offer. Bargs is on the books for about 10 mil and Kleiza for about 5. If we somehow got both of them off the books, that would put us at 58 million. As Matt mentioned, we need to be around the mid 40's to make a realistic offer (and even then that doesn't guarantee anything).

In other words -- nothing big is coming from free agency.

Manage your expectations accordingly.
                        All the more reason to force feed JV minutes, and for the most part they did start him from the beginning of the season. But if there is no way to get a legit PF by amnestying Bargs, and waiving Kleiza then the next option would be to develop JV as quickly as possible. Ofcourse there is the issue of T. Ross not getting any minutes. I wonder if BC would consider adding Ross to a trade this summer since there really isn't any room for him to develop on this roster.

Comment

Why wouldn't he pick it up? He's not going anywhere else in the NBA...
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Are you guys sure about this?
                            It seems like the Raptors would have had $10-$12 million in cap space this summer before the Gay trade, even with the extension to DD. Amnestying Kleiza or Bargnani would have given them that much more room under the threshold.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                              Are you guys sure about this?
                              It seems like the Raptors would have had $10-$12 million in cap space this summer before the Gay trade, even with the extension to DD. Amnestying Kleiza or Bargnani would have given them that much more room under the threshold.
                              #2) Money

Gray* $3m
                              Bargnani $10.75m
                              Kleiza** $4.6m
                              Lowry $6.2m
                              Amir $6.55m
                              Fields $6.3m
                              ED $3.158m
                              Acy* $900k
                              TR $2.232
                              JV $2.938

TOTAL: $46.628 in committed salaries for 2013-14 for 10 players.

DD: qualifying offer - $4.531m; cap hold - $10.03M

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...al+flexibility
                              Raps only would have had about $7M in cap space via a trade with DD's qualifying offer while his cap hold would have given teh Raps about $1.5M in free agency (excluding exceptions).

Comment

• Thanks Matt.

Comment

Working...
                                X