Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With The Current Club, What Are We Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Good luck with getting any of that with the diarrhea milkshake of a financial situation we have
    Amnestying LK and trading bargs for some picks and cash should free up enough space. Pasta is getting payed like 23 Mill over the next 2 seasons. I'm not so great with all the cap space and luxary tax stuff as you can clearly tell

Comment

We can probably sign Morrow for the mini MLE
      And use the MLE on a big.

But Im not sure how we get Jefferson in town..
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Good luck with getting any of that with the diarrhea milkshake of a financial situation we have
        Agreed...

I mean, the team needs a backup PG for sure...and a 3rd big (probably PF) who can be a main part of the rotation with JV/Amir, and a 4th big who has C size but isn't immobile like Gray. Gray and Acy are good as bruising/hustle 3rd stringers.

The team has to turn Bargnani into at least a backup PG or 3rd(whether he or Amir starts) big. Then use the MLE to get whatever is missing.
        I know if it came to PFs, my #1 MLE target is Carl Landry, if he opts out. If he doesn't, I might actually not bother using the whole MLE on someone. Maybe try to get a couple of depth bigs from guys like Brand, Wright, Clark, Hickson, Turiaf, etc..

Comment

qb5PHILA@hotmail.com wrote: View Post
          Anthony Morrow is a ridiculously good in-game 3pt-shooter (ie not Kapono). We should definitely pick him up.
          Morrow was the first one I thought of...correct me if I'm wrong, but I think percentage-wise he's in the top 5 for the last 3 years, which is amazing considering he's locked to the bench in Atlanta, and now Dallas. Also I really like CJ and DJ's games, DJ can be a lot more effective than Lucas as a backup. Lucas provides the scoring, but he can't run our offense if his life depended on it.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Al Jefferson
            Paul Milsap
            Ersan Ilyasova
            Carlos Boozer
            Pau Gasol

Who would fit the best at the starting PF?
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Agreed...

I mean, the team needs a backup PG for sure...and a 3rd big (probably PF) who can be a main part of the rotation with JV/Amir, and a 4th big who has C size but isn't immobile like Gray. Gray and Acy are good as bruising/hustle 3rd stringers.

The team has to turn Bargnani into at least a backup PG or 3rd(whether he or Amir starts) big. Then use the MLE to get whatever is missing.
              I know if it came to PFs, my #1 MLE target is Carl Landry, if he opts out. If he doesn't, I might actually not bother using the whole MLE on someone. Maybe try to get a couple of depth bigs from guys like Brand, Wright, Clark, Hickson, Turiaf, etc..
              I'm really digging Mo Speights as a 3rd big or starting Pf. Or someone like Brand or Jefferson who can smash dudes around in the paint and grabs some boards.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                trading bargs for some picks and cash should free up enough space.
                Yeah I doubt that
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah I doubt that
                  What is your idea than big guy? signing forbes to a $20 million dollar contract?

Comment

Sorry, im not saying that wouldnt be fantastic, I'm just saying no ones giving up pics and/or cash for that stiff.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      I'm really digging Mo Speights as a 3rd big or starting Pf. Or someone like Brand or Jefferson who can smash dudes around in the paint and grabs some boards.
                      I think Speights has a team option...Cleveland will pick it up I'm sure, given Varejao could be out for awhile. Brand is high on my list, but he likes being in Dallas and they like having him. He will have many offers I'd think, but will stay in Dallas if he can.

Comment

Sorry, im not saying that wouldnt be fantastic, I'm just saying no ones giving up pics and/or cash for that stiff.
                        I saw a rumor (a tweet on hoopshype, I think) out there that Orlando will start shopping Big Baby this summer as they go into tank mode next season. Bargs = the best player to have for tank mode. I don't particularly like Davis, but he could be an option. He certainly scores inside and rebounds.

Comment

Davis sucks. Pass.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Davis sucks. Pass.
                            I agree, but feel there should nevertheless at least be some discussion presented for any trade that could involve Bargs and not be in exchange for some extra towels and Bengay.

Comment

My suggestion would be to trade Andrea Bargnani + DeMar DeRozan to the Lakers for Pau Gasol + filler or pick.

From a talent perspective, I think the Raptors will end up losing this trade. DeRozan is an emerging player in his own right, Bargnani is still a 7 footer with range, while Gasol is an aging player who has had his fair share of injuries.

In terms of long-term flexibility, the Raptors are saving $40.5 M in salaries. Gasol is a massive expiring contract @ $19M and he is set to expire at the end of next season. This leaves the Raptors with approximately $66 M in committed salary next season assuming Kleiza gets amnestied, Gray and Lucas pick up their player options & the Raptors pick up Lowry's option.

You can further round out the roster with complimentary & consistent role players, but essentially, our rotation will look like:
                              Lowry / (back up PG) / Lucas
                              Fields / Ross
                              Gay / (back up wing)
                              Gasol / Johnson / Acy
                              Valanciunas / Gray

Fields will not produce the same #'s as DeRozan, but he does however bring defense, IQ, passing & some shot creating. If he can work with the Raptors shooting coach in the off season & improve his shooting to a level that is deemed respectable, we have ourselves a pretty good role player.

This will also open up the roster for Ross & I can only hope that he puts in the work in the off season. In Gasol, Valanciunas has a veteran mentor with championship pedigree and not to mention, Gasol is a very skilled player. Gasol will also allow the Raptors to have somewhat of an inside game.

Barring injuries & assuming the coaching situation improves (whether it's Casey or another coach), this roster is good enough to compete for a playoff spot somewhere between the 5-8 range.

The most important value this trade presents is the ability to get out of our financial situation created by Colangelo handing out massive contracts to average NBA players.

If all else fails ....
                              - Disappointing season (no playoffs)
                              - Lowry walks
                              - Gasol expires
                              - Gray and Lucas gone

... You can picture our situation NEXT summer. We have a lottery pick, a massive expiring contract in Rudy Gay, Valanciunas and Ross in rookie deals & a TON of cap room. Suddenly, there is a light at the end of the tunnel as insurance should we fall victims of yet another disappointing season.
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Elton Brand??? You guys are being serious???

Comment

Working...
                                X