Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: With The Current Club, What Are We Missing?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Package Bargs + DeRozan to Jazz for Favors + Millsap + 2nd round pick (I think the Jazz will do whatever they can to resign Al Jeff and have him play PF) while Kanter is their C of the future.
    Next ship Valanciunas + Ross + Kleiza to Orlando for A.Affalo + 1st round pick (Top 10 guaranteed)
    Resign Bassy Telfair and Allan Anderson to a one year deal
    Draft Nerlens Noel with the Magic pick and Ray McCallum or Seth Curry with the Jazz pick
    Sign Tony Allen, a 2 years 10 million contract
    Sign Marquis Daniel a one year vet minimum deal so he can be our 3rd string SF
    Sign Nazr Mohammad with a one year vet minimum deal

Next Year
    Lowry/Telfair/McCallum or Curry
    Affalo/T.Allen/A.Anderson
    Gay/Fields/M.Daniels
    Millsap/Amir/Acy
    Noel/Favors/Nazr

Our front court are set with Millsap and Noel and if Noel does not pan out, we have Favors who plays like Amir Johnson, imagine the two as our backup PF and C, our paint are protected while our shooter is set with Affalo knocking down the shots. I know this is a big change of a lineup for the Raps but if we are gonna win, we have to make sure to do something different than this year. I know we loose a lots of talents in DeRozan + Ross + Val but in exchange we get something better. T.Allen is R.Gay's buddy and he will be a good backup SG for us, he defends and plays tough defense, something both Ross and A.Anderson lack there off besides he has tons of playoff experience. We will do whatever we can to shed both Bargs and Kleiza's contract and find a better home for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Package Bargs + DeRozan to Jazz for Favors + Millsap + 2nd round pick (I think the Jazz will do whatever they can to resign Al Jeff and have him play PF) while Kanter is their C of the future.
    Next ship Valanciunas + Ross + Kleiza to Orlando for A.Affalo + 1st round pick (Top 10 guaranteed)
    Draft Nerlens Noel with the Magic pick and Ray McCallum or Seth Curry with the Jazz pick

Next Year
    Gay/Fields/M.Daniels
    Millsap/Amir/Acy
    Noel/Favors/Nazr

Our front court are set with Millsap and Noel and if Noel does not pan out, we have Favors who plays like Amir Johnson, imagine the two as our backup PF and C, our paint are protected while our shooter is set with Affalo knocking down the shots. I know this is a big change of a lineup for the Raps but if we are gonna win, we have to make sure to do something different than this year. I know we loose a lots of talents in DeRozan + Ross + Val but in exchange we get something better. T.Allen is R.Gay's buddy and he will be a good backup SG for us, he defends and plays tough defense, something both Ross and A.Anderson lack there off besides he has tons of playoff experience. We will do whatever we can to shed both Bargs and Kleiza's contract and find a better home for them.
    classic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    His player option is for 4 million next year...I'm pretty sure a big who's averaged 12 and 5 his whole career, and is a solid bench weapon, could make more htan that. It might not even have to be the full MLE to sign him and it could still be a payraise. There will not be a lot of great bigs on the market if they can't get one back in a Bargs deal.

He could decide not to opt out, but that's something I obviously have no clue on either way. Again, IMO it just seems like he could make even just a bit more if he hit the market.
    Regardless of how many great bigs there are in the market, the best way for us acquire anything close to that 'great big' is via trade w/ Bargnani + Wing asset + 2nd Round picks.
    I originally said using Bargnani + asset for surrounding pieces, and MLE for that big if that was the alternate option(s). (Highly unlikely MLE nets us anything other than a perimeter player, and a back-up PG).

I feel like Ross is our best asset. Potential, rookie contract. Teams wanting Derozan will have to take on his contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Next Year
    Gay/Fields/M.Daniels
    Millsap/Amir/Acy
    Noel/Favors/Nazr

Please post fantasy trade ideas in the Trade Proposal forum. This thread is to discuss what this team needs to improve between this season and next (ie: a better starting PF), not outlandish fantasy trade ideas.

5. Like blackjitsu liked this post

Thread Information