Post-Deadline Move Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Deadline Move Ideas

I came up with this thread after I read that Aaron Brooks was cut by the Kings and thought about our PG situation for like 0.2341 seconds but its really ment for any idea you think could help the team...

Any ways back to the Aaron Brooks thing. It more or less just got me thinking who could the Raptors waive if they were interested in him? Anybody ( or is there some special conditions on Pietrus or someone )? The guy is half decent and was originally ment to be Sacs starting PG. Posted over 19PPG in 2009 but his numbers have decreased after some injury. He'd be the best back-up by far IMO. Has experience with Lowry, but I'm not sure if a good one, but I suppose so... What are your thoughts? Are there any special conditions? Would the cap-space somehow effect it?

With Telfair, taking point guards just creates a log jam.

I'd rather waive Pietrus, and use any roster space to sign a guy Almundson, not sure if he's signing with Chicago though.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I was thinking waive Pietrus and Telfair for Brooks, but it wouldnt look to good cause the Raps gave up a 2nd rounder. Id much rather waive Lucas but he has another year under his belt and there could be a bigger problem with bench scoring if he were gone ...

BTW: Yeah, he's a Bull.

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
        I was thinking waive Pietrus and Telfair for Brooks, but it wouldnt look to good cause the Raps gave up a 2nd rounder. Id much rather waive Lucas but he has another year under his belt and there could be a bigger problem with bench scoring if he were gone ...

BTW: Yeah, he's a Bull.
        Can't waive a player until after a couple weeks he's been traded I believe.

Apparently, there was an internal team problem between Brooks and Lowry in Houston.... Not sure we would want to revive any of that drama here.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Good point end of discusion. But MAYBE .... jusy maybe it would have someone snapping at his heels you know ... to prove he has the right of being the starter when Brooks originally stole his spot in Houston ... you know for him to kinda show off.

Comment

If you look here http://hoopshype.com/free_agency.htm there still are a bunch of fairly good vets out there like Anthony Carter ( Just Kidding ) , Troy Murphy, Antonio McDyess, Juwan Howard (Even though I guess he retired), Mikki Moore not so great and Etan Thomas ... thats at the PF spot that is. I'd sign basically any of those for a body at the PF spot and as a team mentor kind of guy. At the C as a JV mentor there is no need cause we still have Magloire, so I don't get the talk on that topic though...

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
              If you look here http://hoopshype.com/free_agency.htm there still are a bunch of fairly good vets out there like Anthony Carter ( Just Kidding ) , Troy Murphy, Antonio McDyess, Juwan Howard (Even though I guess he retired), Mikki Moore not so great and Etan Thomas ... thats at the PF spot that is. I'd sign basically any of those for a body at the PF spot and as a team mentor kind of guy. At the C as a JV mentor there is no need cause we still have Magloire, so I don't get the talk on that topic though...
              You forgot that Warrick is still available Dumbass!!!

Comment

This season is over.. the Raptors should be giving heavy minutes to Ross, JV and Acy. No need to go sign a veteran that takes minutes away from the guys that need to develop. Saying that Casey will continue to try and win.. he did last year when tanking was far more important than winning.

I don't think BC however will cater to Casey and will ride this roster to the end of the season. I don't even see a 10 day contract being picked up since there seems to be enough depth at every position.

Comment

Working...
                X