Thread: Is BC era coming to an end?

Threaded View

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Babcock did not come from a franchise that had any winning culture (Minnesota).
    Pretty sure the fact that Minny did well in the KG era had something to do with it. They had those great teams for many years, including a revolving door of players around KG. Babcock hired before 2004 draft...Minnesota's win totals from 1999 until then....50, 47, 50, 51, 58....yeah, no winning culture there at all.

As for the other guys, I just meant that they have not actually done a lot to be able to evaluate them positively. A GM can be said to be doing a good job when his team starts having sustained success...anything before that starts happening has to be taken with a grain of salt. It's nice to stockpile picks and flexibility, but it doesn't mean that those will yeild results. Based on results, I can't say any of those 3 GMs have really done anything to suggest they were quality hirings, largely because they haven't had enough time to make that judgment. But I feel like I can say that for Ujiri, who has traded away both Melo and Nene since going to Denver, has drafted well (I think Fournier and Miller are good depth picks for a stacked team, as they both have good potential, and obviously Faried was a great pick), and his team has not lost a step at all*.

*In fact, I'd say his team has developed a better culture and style of play, while being stacked with good players who are also almost all tradable assets (in terms of not having loads of toxic contracts)

**Maybe we shouldn't have let Ujiri go so easily...
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Mar 3rd, 2013 at 01:44 PM.

Thread Information