Is BC era coming to an end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    I say give the keys to Phil Jackson.. let him be president and hire his own GM. He wants to run his own team, so why not Toronto?
    I like the idea.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I say give the keys to Phil Jackson.. let him be president and hire his own GM. He wants to run his own team, so why not Toronto?
      I doubt he would come here.

Comment

I actually think Jerry Sloan would make a better GM than Phil Jackson. Sloan's teams always seemed to overachieve without MVP talent on his rosters (minus the Stockton/Malone years). And I'm sure his voice was integral when drafting/trading for players. I would reach out to him in that regard.

Comment

Canmanxl wrote: View Post
          Let Colangelo do his job, he is the right man for the Job. How do you think Demar got to play with the American select team and got better. Oh senior Colangelo runs USA basketball, makes sense, he has more connections than any other GM in this league. Let the man do what he needs to do, he is the right man for the job so stop trying to run him out of town. For all those people who talk about his drafting and say he is horrible you are retarded. Colangelo has drafted names like, Steve Nash, Amare Stoudamire, Joe Johnson, and another great point guard and current tripple double leader in the NBA Jason Kidd. The man knows what he is doing he is one of the only constants in the NBA, he rocks and we will be fine boys. This is the best man for the job like I said.
          Colangelo did not draft "great point guard and current tripple double leader in the NBA" Kidd, he was drafted by Dallas. So is Joe Johnson, who was drafted by Boston. He did draft Nash but he was buried in the bench because PHX had KJ, Cassell and later Kidd. He eventually traded him to Dallas. So of all the names that you mentioned to support BC's good drafting history, it was only Amare that he drafted and kept.

Comment

I dunno about hiring these guys who have been out of basketball for some time. Not to mention they were coaches and aren't familiar with the whole selling aspect needed as a general manager. I think of either one of these guys more as an associate or adviser, kind of like the way the Raptors used Jack McCloskey in the past.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              I dunno about hiring these guys who have been out of basketball for some time. Not to mention they were coaches and aren't familiar with the whole selling aspect needed as a general manager. I think of either one of these guys more as an associate or adviser, kind of like the way the Raptors used Jack McCloskey in the past.
              Pat Riley did a pretty good job in Miami

Comment

Pat Riley did a pretty good job in Miami
                A big name with a track record buys you a few things.

- Instant credibility with free agents, agents, your own players
                - They have a good/great eye for coaches, GMs, scouts, etc.
                - They understand how winning basketball organizations function
                - They understand the importance of delegation and hiring people to shore up their own weaknesses (every great head coach is surrounded by great assistants)

None of those items are present in Toronto at the moment.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  We're talking about Sloan, or Jackson as president and hiring their own GM.

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  I doubt he would come here.
                  He could do the job from LA, fly in every few weeks, and hire a GM to run things day-to-day.

Comment

BC has done a remarkable job as GM of the raptors. Has he made mistakes, sure but he has cleaned them up pretty well. He also got Amir Johnson for basically nothing, a fact that is overlooked by many.

He drafted Bargs in a weak draft, in fact other then Gay, Aldridge, Rondo and Foye everyone else is out of the league that came out of that draft, is out of the league as far as I know.

-DeRozan
                    -Davis
                    -JV
                    -T Ross

All the players he drafted were non-polished high ceiling type players, I think BC deserves another 3 years so we can see his pieces fully develop.
                    @RavNation

Comment

Also if he gets the boot, Stefanski takes over.
                      @RavNation

Comment

Working...
                      X