Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we running the second string offense though Bargs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think its a terrible idea.

But only because it means Anderson takes less shots (lower FG%)
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      NoPropsneeded wrote:
      Because he's trash. I can rebound better than him

NoPropsneeded wrote:
      Bargnani is making the all star game next year and the raptors are making the playoffs, book that shit!
      Im sorta new here but Im assuming this crackhead gets exposed like this all the time? ...and who said anything about rebounds? we all know Bargs can't rebound, shiet we're talking about Bargs being the first option when the benchers are on.
      It wasn't long ago when the starting Barniani was our first option (or shared it with DD). Obviously the dude can score so it would only make sense to give him the green light while playing with the scrubs. Let him work his way out of this funk, let him re-build his confidence and, whithout a doubt, he can be a nice peice coming off the bench. So many people here let their hate for the guy muddle up the bigger picture. Good thing these guys are 'coach potato coaches' sheesh.

NoPropsneeded> you can't get more rebounds than Bargs - your watching the game at home on TSN! You can get yourself a sandwich

ok a bit much

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        how?

have you checked his percentages?

offensive rating?

win shares?

assists?

free throw attempts?

But to answer the original question, for the exact same reasons he is no longer having the offense run through him in the starting lineup.
        You can't judge his offensive game on 4 shots a game which is what he's been getting since gay got here. Bargs was struggling early this year but in the past he's been a a fairly good offensive. If you have forgotten, He was averaging 42-47% for a stretch of 3 years.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Haven't you heard? Alan Anderson is the second coming of Michael Jordan. He's already not getting enough shots as is. Nobody else should ever shoot it when Alan's on the court.
          I really hope they don't bring him back next year.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Here's the post I was to refer to:

akashsingh wrote: View Post
            he's inefficient, and is going to hurt the team if his shot isn't falling that day.

plus we might be stuck with big pasta until february 2014, so he needs to figure out how to be an effective 3rd/4th option.

Figure out how to be an effective 3rd/4th option??! lol what? Bargs is not going to rebound and his defensive skills aren't exactly all star calibur. This was apparent a looong time ago. Anyone who follows this team know that his biggest upside is his scoring. He's a tall body than can stretch the floor and is an above avarage spot up shooter. So what do you suggest? How the hell can he be an effective player shooting 2-4 shots per game?

Comment

How things have changed
              Lol ikr. Those 13 games fucked with a lot of heads and I was one of them

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
                Here's the post I was to refer to:

Figure out how to be an effective 3rd/4th option??! lol what? Bargs is not going to rebound and his defensive skills aren't exactly all star calibur. This was apparent a looong time ago. Anyone who follows this team know that his biggest upside is his scoring. He's a tall body than can stretch the floor and is an above avarage spot up shooter. So what do you suggest? How the hell can he be an effective player shooting 2-4 shots per game?
                I wouldn't be opposed to trying it, you make a good point about him lacking the necessary skillset for the 3rd/4th option roll. Hopefully casey is reading

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
                  Im sorta new here but Im assuming this crackhead gets exposed like this all the time? ...and who said anything about rebounds? we all know Bargs can't rebound, shiet we're talking about Bargs being the first option when the benchers are on.
                  It wasn't long ago when the starting Barniani was our first option (or shared it with DD). Obviously the dude can score so it would only make sense to give him the green light while playing with the scrubs. Let him work his way out of this funk, let him re-build his confidence and, whithout a doubt, he can be a nice peice coming off the bench. So many people here let their hate for the guy muddle up the bigger picture. Good thing these guys are 'coach potato coaches' sheesh.

NoPropsneeded> you can't get more rebounds than Bargs - your watching the game at home on TSN! You can get yourself a sandwich

ok a bit much
                  Who you calling a crackhead? Pretty much everyone here was convinced Andrea had turned the corner, including Matt. You probably were too so cut down on the hypocrisy.

Comment

How things have changed
                    Zing. Zing. Zing. Goodness, that hurt me!
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Over the span of a few seasons, almost all of us are bound to make some faulty projections.

I do think that bargs should be getting way more touches on Offense in the second unit. I think we should run plays through him IN THE POST!

EDIT: and his rebounding abilities have absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact if all he's capable of giving you is offense, why don't you Leverage it!
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

casey. thats why

Comment

How things have changed
                          haha .... Burn!

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            You can't judge his offensive game on 4 shots a game which is what he's been getting since gay got here. Bargs was struggling early this year but in the past he's been a a fairly good offensive. If you have forgotten, He was averaging 42-47% for a stretch of 3 years.
                            If you have forgotten 43.7% career shooting average from a 7ft PF is hardly anything I would hang a debate on.

I am also not judging Bargnani on 12 games since Rudy Gay trade. There are 418 other games in his 'illustrious' career to come to an opinion.

Bargnani is a one-dimensional, inefficient scorer and that is why the offense is not being run through him.... on any line.

Comment

How things have changed
                              To his defense though, he may not be the only one who thought the very same thing or just a little less. I admit, I thought he would be considered an all-star, but hey, we've seen the true Bargnani.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                If you have forgotten 43.7% career shooting average from a 7ft PF is hardly anything I would hang a debate on.

I am also not judging Bargnani on 12 games since Rudy Gay trade. There are 418 other games in his 'illustrious' career to come to an opinion.

Bargnani is a one-dimensional, inefficient scorer and that is why the offense is not being run through him.... on any line.
                                But if he can't rebound and can't defend than what would you suggest? keep him on the bench? If Bargs is gonna be on the floor than we need to utilize his strength (however inefficient you see it) which is his scoring. No one is saying Bargniani is an all-star but if we're talking about his role with the bench crew then, giving him only 2-4 touches per (like some would suggest here) isn't utilizing the guy to the fullest.

Comment

Working...
                                X