Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we running the second string offense though Bargs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSchool wrote: View Post
    But if he can't rebound and can't defend than what would you suggest? keep him on the bench? If Bargs is gonna be on the floor than we need to utilize his strength (however inefficient you see it) which is his scoring. No one is saying Bargniani is an all-star but if we're talking about his role with the bench crew then, giving him only 2-4 touches per (like some would suggest here) isn't utilizing the guy to the fullest.
    How many times does it take to whack your head off the wall to tell yourself, "Shit, that hurts."

Yes, actually, I would suggest keeping him on the bench. Give the minutes to JV and Acy. At least we know they'll fight and play testicles out..... or is the culture change last years thing?

It would also send a real message to everyone on the team and the fans who have been listening to the accountability bullshit preaching for 2 years now.

How much success has Toronto had running anything through Bargnani? Why will this magically change?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      How many times does it take to whack your head off the wall to tell yourself, "Shit, that hurts."

Yes, actually, I would suggest keeping him on the bench. Give the minutes to JV and Acy. At least we know they'll fight and play testicles out..... or is the culture change last years thing?

It would also send a real message to everyone on the team and the fans who have been listening to the accountability bullshit preaching for 2 years now.

How much success has Toronto had running anything through Bargnani? Why will this magically change?
      Have no real issue either way at this point regarding Acy. I'm fine if he got more minutes.....I just still can't believe how little burn JV gets. He has been the team's best true big during the last few weeks, and isn't that exactly why he was drafted?

I love Amir, but he doesn't have the size in the paint. You can see recently that JV is starting to get how to be a paint defender. And he takes up much more space on the glass, where he's very aggressive. Bargs should never be the lone big, and Amir should never be forced to give up more size than he can handle. JV was drafted for exactly those reasons (even if Bargs had a solid season!).
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Mar 3, 2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Because we're talking about Bargniani 'the bencher'. You yourself acknowledge we tried running our offence through him as a starter - with no success, I admit. But then you say "well since it didn't work as a starter, it wont work on our second unit....or anywhere else" ?! - that's a pretty big jump to say he's useless as a 2nd unit guy.

I kinda like the idea of giving Bargniani's minutes to JV though - I could see that fitting into the bigger picture of success -BUT- if the coach and staff see it fit to put Bargs on the floor than he needs waaay more touches.
        Last edited by OldSchool; Sun Mar 3, 2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I think the biggest question is, does Bargnani deserve to be the 1st option off the bench?

Based on the fact that he's not a hard worker, hasn't improved his game since his 2nd year, refuses to buy-in/understand Casey's defensive philosophy, and can't put the ball into the ocean, what has Bargnani done to be handed the keys to the 2nd unit's offense? Edit: In other words, has Bargnani really earned this responsibility?

Add in the fact that the playoffs are a pipe dream, and that Bargnani is not part of the future, what does Bargnani using the last 20 games to work out of his "funk" do to help anyone? [Note: I'm of the belief that every GM with a brain knows exactly what Bargnani is and isn't. There's nothing Bargnani can do to alter his trade value...for better or for worse].
          Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Mar 4, 2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            If you have forgotten 43.7% career shooting average from a 7ft PF is hardly anything I would hang a debate on.

I am also not judging Bargnani on 12 games since Rudy Gay trade. There are 418 other games in his 'illustrious' career to come to an opinion.

Bargnani is a one-dimensional, inefficient scorer and that is why the offense is not being run through him.... on any line.
            Except for the fact that he doesn't play like a prototypical C. He takes a lot of jumpers for which his FG % is fairly good.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              He is by far our best offensive player off the bench. Why the hell aren't we running the offense through him? This makes even less sense when the offence is struggling and he's getting like 2-4 shots a game at most.
              Casey is barely running an offense with the first strings, and you want him to try running one with the second strings? He's obviously overwhelmed as it is!
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

Working...
              X