Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: GT: Raptors @ Bucks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Is it okay to get happy over 7boards? For a 7 footer no. Especially when the 6 footer gets 10+.
    If you would look at the above comments I made, the position he is asked to play is not to bang in the paint and get boards;he got 7 of them. Would you have been happy if he got zero? I don't think so.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and BTW, here's hoping Milwaukee blows up their team in the summer and decides to trade Ersan...

his line:
    29 pts (12-21 fgs, 0-3 3pt, 5-5 fts), 11 rbs (3 o, 8 d), 1 ast, 2 st, 1 blk, 1 to and 2 pf...his 29 pts were extremely quiet too. Didn't need the ball in his hands a lot, just catches and shoots/makes his move. Plays pretty smart D too.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize that showcasing a player past the trade deadline is any team's priority, especially when they're trying to sneak in the playoffs. They can kiss that goodbye now. Might as well give Bargs back his 42 mins and 20 shots while the rooks rot at the end of the bench. Heck, let's just extend BC too while we're at it.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Whose fault is it today?

a) Casey
    b) Refs
    c) Alan Anderson
    d) A good mixture of all of the above
    e) Primo Pasta and sos..
    Casey. The entire starting unit with the exception of AB played the entire 2nd half and OT. Those guys were gassed at the end. JV didn't play in the 2nd half, Ross didn't play, Lucas barely played. And it's not like the starters were playing well, DeRozan played like garbage. And as usual was nowhere to be found when the team needed him the most but yet he played 46mins.

And i really want to hate on AA but i can't. AA was chucking/forcing shots left and right. He's made some but also missed a lot of crucial ones. But i guess AA's chucking ways is ok for the coach.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Ok, dudette. Sorry my mind reading skills was off tonight. As for Bargs, the wide open shots missed is one thing. The failure to box out the likes of Ilyasova and Sanders while leaving his front court mate in Amir is left to fend for himself until he fouled out. I don't know why JV was nailed to the bench when all night long, second chance points was eating the Raps.

Demar lost the ball too much and couldn't finish and Casey is once again outmatched in Xs and Os. Sorry dudette, call it how it is.
    Im not making excuses for him, his defense had alot to be desired. It could've been masked a little if JV was brought in, I don't understand why he hadn't played. If he could bench AB for not playing well, what about Derozan?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    Im not making excuses for him, his defense had alot to be desired. It could've been masked a little if JV was brought in, I don't understand why he hadn't played. If he could bench AB for not playing well, what about Derozan?
    Demar had an ass of a game too. Couldn't keep his man in front of him. Where was JL3 to spread the floor? Oh yes, being a cheerleader. Thanks Casey. Like I said, they should just start AB the rest of the way to showcase him for the offseason.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The NBA needs to invest in new officiating, both teams got awful calls and it has gotten to a point that is completely unacceptable for professional basketball. Call me crazy, but the refs get worse every year.
    #JVforPM #DemarismyHero #GoRaps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    DeRozan was playing better than his shooting suggests. Had 9 assists. Went aggressively to the bucket...too bad he kept running into Sanders. Being the primary option and therefore focus of the D is not easy, and it results in taking worse shots.

Alan Anderson is the guy who had a quasi-good game. 21 pts on 20 shots, missing 12, and missing 7 of 8 3pt attempts. Had only 1 rebound and 1 assist. Guy makes big plays because he won't let anyone else. I want him benched so badly it's not even funny.

I agree though that it would have made sense to go back to a 2-big lineup with Bargs and JV...then Fields, Demar and Lowry, just like the start of the game, when it worked so well...and dare I say perhaps it would've caught Milwaukee off guard after having stayed away from it for so long.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to add, Casey called 2 timeouts the last 2 mins of the game in the fourth to set up a play. The Raptors ended up turning the ball over on both occassions.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I forgot to add, Casey called 2 timeouts the last 2 mins of the game in the fourth to set up a play. The Raptors ended up turning the ball over on both occassions.
    Because he's a shit coach on offense and by the way, watch him in the sidelines during D. Barking all the time because the entire team needs to be constantly reminded. I don't know man, it feels like his assistant coach side is coming out once again. The plays after critical timeouts is what I'm watching now more than ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Because he's a shit coach on offense and by the way, watch him in the sidelines during D. Barking all the time because the entire team needs to be constantly reminded. I don't know man, it feels like his assistant coach side is coming out once again. The plays after critical timeouts is what I'm watching now more than ever.
    This has been a problem all season, and something I said is what has bugged me the most. At first, you can accept that execution is on the players. But by that logic, you expect it to be something that can be improved through coaching during the season. This team is still just awful at executing out of timeouts. It costs them momentum far too often, and not just at the end of games. They are terrible at holding leads, and screw up a lot of plays out of timeouts in situations earlier in the game, be it blowing a lead in the first half or late in the 3rd quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    DeRozan was playing better than his shooting suggests. Had 9 assists. Went aggressively to the bucket...too bad he kept running into Sanders. Being the primary option and therefore focus of the D is not easy, and it results in taking worse shots.

Alan Anderson is the guy who had a quasi-good game. 21 pts on 20 shots, missing 12, and missing 7 of 8 3pt attempts. Had only 1 rebound and 1 assist. Guy makes big plays because he won't let anyone else. I want him benched so badly it's not even funny.

I agree though that it would have made sense to go back to a 2-big lineup with Bargs and JV...then Fields, Demar and Lowry, just like the start of the game, when it worked so well...and dare I say perhaps it would've caught Milwaukee off guard after having stayed away from it for so long.
    On AA I agree completely. The 2 big lineup would've done more justice than one. Seeing how Lowry played good, that unit may have had a better effect.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand Demar had an ugly game, but they needed him on the floor. He didn't score well, but he did try to make the right play, including 9 assists with only 2 turnovers. He managed to attract a lot of attention and not get totally taken out of the game. Keep in mind they were using Mbah a Moute on him and trying to force him to Sanders...that is one of the most imposing defensive duos possible. Again, I'd rather he's out there trying to do his thing as long as he's getting others involved. He and Fields both do that. AA does not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I understand Demar had an ugly game, but they needed him on the floor. He didn't score well, but he did try to make the right play, including 9 assists with only 2 turnovers. He managed to attract a lot of attention and not get totally taken out of the game. Keep in mind they were using Mbah a Moute on him and trying to force him to Sanders...that is one of the most imposing defensive duos possible. Again, I'd rather he's out there trying to do his thing as long as he's getting others involved. He and Fields both do that. AA does not.
    I completely agree. Anderson is just out to get his but it's a team sport.

Post Thanks / Like

Demar had an ass of a game too. Couldn't keep his man in front of him. Where was JL3 to spread the floor? Oh yes, being a cheerleader. Thanks Casey. Like I said, they should just start AB the rest of the way to showcase him for the offseason.
    JLIII played good tonight, completely surprised he didn't use him when he basically got them back.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I though landry fields had a good game, too bad he isn't a couple inches taller.....

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I though landry fields had a good game, too bad he isn't a couple inches taller.....
    He was amazing today.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Some guys had shitty games, but the effort was obviously there, even in Bargnani tonight. Milwaukee's talent separated themselves from Toronto, Rudy Gay might have made a big difference in this game had he played.

Playoff hopes might have went from 40%, or whatever percentage, to 0.00000001%, but this team played hard and battled.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Really, really, really impressed with Fields this evening. Amir had a solid game as well, and Lowry with the triple-double. It's games like these where you have to ask "What do we have to do?!"

Defense still needs some SERIOUS tightening up. Casey, get a hold of your players sir.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Some guys had shitty games, but the effort was obviously there, even in Bargnani tonight. Milwaukee's talent separated themselves from Toronto, Rudy Gay might have made a big difference in this game had he played.

Playoff hopes might have went from 40%, or whatever percentage, to 0.00000001%, but this team played hard and battled.
    Hollinger now shows 3.9% to make the playoffs, down from 40%ish last week lol.

But yah, tough loss but still a "good" game by most of the raptors. Just not good enough.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information