Thread: Commenting on Regular Posts (Gameday, Reactions, etc...)

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Commenting on Regular Posts (Gameday, Reactions, etc...)

It kinda frustrates me, no matter how much I love this website, that I can't comment on regular posts with the account I made for the forums. I would definitely be a regular contributor, and it's the same website, so I don't get why it doesn't work. I'll stick to forums for now, but I thought I'd bring it up.
    #JVforPM #DemarismyHero #GoRaps

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't work because they're completely different back ends. Technically it's NOT the same website. This forum is run on vbulletin software and contains its own database of posts/users/logins etc. Blog posts are run with Wordpress. They don't and can't share the same database.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    It doesn't work because they're completely different back ends. Technically it's NOT the same website. This forum is run on vbulletin software and contains its own database of posts/users/logins etc. Blog posts are run with Wordpress. They don't and can't share the same database.
    +1. I'm an admin for another site the exact same to RR without the forums. Two completely different things.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Different platforms usually can be bridged, but considering the difference in moderation and banning policies it's probably not a good idea

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Different platforms usually can be bridged, but considering the difference in moderation and banning policies it's probably not a good idea
    Besides policies, it's also keeping up with updates from both platforms. Wordpress pretty much releases new security updates and versions every week which will all in all likely constantly break any platform linkage.

Thread Information