Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commenting on Regular Posts (Gameday, Reactions, etc...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commenting on Regular Posts (Gameday, Reactions, etc...)

It kinda frustrates me, no matter how much I love this website, that I can't comment on regular posts with the account I made for the forums. I would definitely be a regular contributor, and it's the same website, so I don't get why it doesn't work. I'll stick to forums for now, but I thought I'd bring it up.
    #JVforPM #DemarismyHero #GoRaps

It doesn't work because they're completely different back ends. Technically it's NOT the same website. This forum is run on vbulletin software and contains its own database of posts/users/logins etc. Blog posts are run with Wordpress. They don't and can't share the same database.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      It doesn't work because they're completely different back ends. Technically it's NOT the same website. This forum is run on vbulletin software and contains its own database of posts/users/logins etc. Blog posts are run with Wordpress. They don't and can't share the same database.
      +1. I'm an admin for another site the exact same to RR without the forums. Two completely different things.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Different platforms usually can be bridged, but considering the difference in moderation and banning policies it's probably not a good idea

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          Different platforms usually can be bridged, but considering the difference in moderation and banning policies it's probably not a good idea
          Besides policies, it's also keeping up with updates from both platforms. Wordpress pretty much releases new security updates and versions every week which will all in all likely constantly break any platform linkage.

Comment

Emilyyrre wrote:
            I had the same problem with my multisite linking account
            How do you feel about beautiful wooden benches?

Comment

Laydi wrote:
              Although it is typically possible to connect different platforms, given the differences in moderation and banning policies, it is probably not a good idea. Who are ya

Exactly! I'm glad someone understands.

The DIFFERENCE in moderation and banning policies. Of course! Why hadn't anyone brought this up??????

#JVforPM #Demarismyhero

Comment

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  Different platforms usually can be bridged, but considering the difference in moderation and banning policies it's probably not a good idea subway surfers
                  There should be a reasonable rule of thumb for these censorship and ban policies.

Comment

sharase wrote: View Post

There should be a reasonable rule of thumb for these censorship and ban policies.
                    YES. Wow I am so glad to have these posters here to help us out!! They are SO RIGHT about SO MANY THINGS

Comment

In general at the moment it is already possible to merge accounts with wordpress and vbulletin through plugins but the question remains about the need for this. A different policy of moderation for me is extremely strange as the basic rules in principle should be the same.

Comment

cara wrote:

For example, the use of the word "slippery" when describing a substance is not allowed, while the use of the word "snow" when describing a weather condition is allowed. This inconsistency is a clear example of how the moderation policy is set by the people who are responsible for it. It's not the responsibility of the moderators to make sure the guidelines are followed, but rather the responsibility of the people who are creating the content. This makes it difficult for the moderators to make sure the site is safe and that the content is of good quality.
                        You know, I have always found it difficult to understand WHY the use of the word "slippery" when describing a substance is not allowed, while the use of the word "snow" when describing a weather condition is allowed.

THANK YOU FOR NOTICING ME!!! I FEEL SEEN!!

#I WAS BLIND NOW OTHERS SEE
                        #THANK YOU
                        Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Fri Dec 23, 2022, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Loving the bots discussion

Comment

Working...
                          X