Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If BC was fired, would another team hire him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If BC was fired, would another team hire him?

Simple question. We hired him based on a fairly successful history with Phoenix and his ability to acquire All-star players. Now that we've seen what he's done with the Raptors, would any other team in the league make him an offer or would his career as NBA GM be over?
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

I really hope he's fired
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He'd be hired again. No question.

Even two years ago when it looked like he would not be resigned in Toronto there were rumours the Knicks would go after him to replace Donnie Walsh.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        He'd be hired again. No question.

Even two years ago when it looked like he would not be resigned in Toronto there were rumours the Knicks would go after him to replace Donnie Walsh.
        He would definitely get another shot. Probably within a calendar year.

Pro basketball, much like the other big sports leagues, is something of an old boys club in the sense that once you're "in"... you have to really go sideways to get yourself out. Considering that BC is a second generation member of such club, it wouldn't be too long before he got hired again somewhere.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          He would definitely get another shot. Probably within a calendar year.

Pro basketball, much like the other big sports leagues, is something of an old boys club in the sense that once you're "in"... you have to really go sideways to get yourself out. Considering that BC is a second generation member of such club, it wouldn't be too long before he got hired again somewhere.
          How much more sideways does it need to go in Toronto? He hasn't really achieved anything here. He inherited Bosh whom took him to only 2 playoff appearance since being here. I agree he'd get another GM job simply due to his salesmanship and his ability to draft. But his ability to see the bigger picture and be patient is severely lacking IMO. He goes for the big impact move far too often and generally overpays for it.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Of course he would get another job, and one after that too

Comment

In a heartbeat

Comment

No question. High profile GM, as soon as he's gone, he'd get calls in seconds.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

BC is a fine GM leave him alone fans. It is not easy making trades with limited resources (talent for talent) It isnt easy bringing anybody into a losing and rebuilding (building now) team.

He could possibly make a lot of moves but its not worth trading developing talent for a proven star for 1 season there by destroying a long term future success. Moving Bargnani this summer will heal most immediate injuries

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    No question. High profile GM, as soon as he's gone, he'd get calls in seconds.
                    I get that a lot of people feel this way but I'm curious as to why. What makes him a high-profile GM? What has he accomplished? He's been able to bring in some decent talent but has had very little success. Maybe I should rephrase. If you were the owner of a team, would you hire him? I find he's built a reputation as a great GM but that's mostly through his own salesmanship of himself. The true mark of a good salesman. One that leaves you happy with the initial product sold to you but cursing his name down the road when it doesn't live up to expectations. I.e. Turk, Bargs, Kapono, Ford, O'Neal, possibly Gay/Lowry.

I will give him credit for realizing when one of those deals didn't work and getting good value in return. Bargs excluded of course...

@clericalbeats

Comment

Shaq called himself the black Brian colangelo when he was picking players for the rising stars challenge, therefore BC is high profile

Comment

Grunwald was horrible and now he's in New York.

Comment

Casey is the one that needs to go
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
                            Grunwald was horrible and now he's in New York.
                            Woah there. Grunwald was horrible? Made his mistakes in Bradley/Radojevic, but stole Vince Carter, made the right moves in Davis, Alvin Williams, Oakley/Camby, and is the only GM to win a playoff round. He got the short end of the stick IMO.

Comment

When he leaves here, he'll get another job very soon after, and I feel sorry for that fanbase already.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                              X