Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: If BC was fired, would another team hire him?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote YYZ wrote: View Post
    A GM can't coach a team or motivate a team. He can provide the pieces, and I think given the circumstances since his arrival he has always given the Raptors a decent chance.
    Bryan is the chief of basketball operations. The buck stops at the top.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Bryan is the chief of basketball operations. The buck stops at the top.
    Quote YYZ wrote: View Post
    A GM can't coach a team or motivate a team. He can provide the pieces, and I think given the circumstances since his arrival he has always given the Raptors a decent chance.
    Sadly you're both right. And even though BC can't coach there are those accusations from S.Mitch that B.Co was getting in the way of his coaching staff. IF TRUE, perhaps none of the coach hires were bad, but the GM/President was at fault for meddling.

Amir and Jose developed under Mitchell, while Demar and ED developed under Triano and Casey. The only first round pick developed (they moved CV before he could) under the Raptors during Colangelo's tenure who has not significantly improved statistically appears to be Bargnani.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Sadly you're both right. And even though BC can't coach there are those accusations from S.Mitch that B.Co was getting in the way of his coaching staff. IF TRUE, perhaps none of the coach hires were bad, but the GM/President was at fault for meddling.

Amir and Jose developed under Mitchell, while Demar and ED developed under Triano and Casey. The only first round pick developed (they moved CV before he could) under the Raptors during Colangelo's tenure who has not significantly improved statistically appears to be Bargnani.

If BC is telling coaches how to coach, by all means he should be let go, because he has no right to tell a coach how to coach. Could it be the case? Possibly, but I think if Sam Mitchell was a good coach he would find a job elsewhere as head coach or be considered in the running for a head coaching position, he hasnt. I think its bitter grapes with him.

And on the same note, many players including Bosh werent a fan of his coaching ways and methods.
    @RavNation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information