Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: While the rest of the league YINGs, should the Raptors now YANG?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Cancer" may be too harsh of a word, but there's no denying that he's a glaring example of injustice within the locker room.

But that's Casey/Colangelo's fault....not Bargnani's.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tye

What do you think the salary cap will be this off-season? Will it stay at 58M or is it more likely to jump up to 60M?

Larry Coon

I’ve been running with $58.5 million to $60 million for the cap and $71.5 million to $73 million for the tax for most of the season. I haven’t heard any updated projections in a while.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-salary...rry-coon-52413
    Not really sure where to put this so I figured I'd throw it in here.

It also bumps the idea of the Raptors becoming spenders to the forefront. It has been rumoured on twitter by media folk that the Raptors are an enticing team because ownership is willing to spend beyond the tax if need be.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't see it mentioned, but does it follow from this that we should also be trading first round picks for good players since they're seemingly overvalued now? Before anybody reacts, I'm not implying anything. Honestly just a question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRX wrote: View Post
    Didn't see it mentioned, but does it follow from this that we should also be trading first round picks for good players since they're seemingly overvalued now? Before anybody reacts, I'm not implying anything. Honestly just a question.
    The obvious cop-out answer is to say that it depends on the opportunity. On the plus side, for whoever comes in as the new GM, the Raptors suddenly have multiple future 1st round picks to use as trade bait, which they didn't have a week ago. Theoretically, the new GM could go out and trade up to 3 future 1st round picks (ie: 2014 + 2016 + 2018), giving the Raps significant additional assets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information