No announcement yet.

So why did we trade for Telfair again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think op was asking why we had to give up haddadi AND a pick (even if a second rounder) to get telfair

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Like honestly. If we're going out for a pg that would rot on the bench they could have just cut someone and signed some scrub. Why trade a asset like a second rounder (this is going to be a argument I can feel it) for a guy who's never going to play?

Everything about how this team is being run just infuriates me now.
      To understand Colangelo you simply have to remember the Red Queen Hypothesis:

"Running as fast as you can to stay in the same place."

If you remember that, every Colangelo move makes perfect sense.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        +1 I've been pretty high on him as well.

I don't understand why people on here are "waiting for his shot to stop falling". It seems even when he's helping the team STATISTICALLY people are down on him.
        The problem is though, when his shot doesn't fall, he becomes useless. He's not a good passer, and the offense becomes stagnant. We're not necessarily waiting for him to fail, we're just worried that when his shot isn't going down, he becomes a liability on defense, and he will continue to jack up shots regardless of how well he's playing.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lucas can't run an offense that's why people don't like him if his shot is falling then it makes things easier. When hrs out there nobody shoots other than Anderson playing alongside the 2 is awful for Ross. If Lucas wasn't scoring Telfair would be playing. Lucas and his chucking didn't matter as much in Chicago because of how hard nosed the defense is, we can't support it as well with the huge holes we have in ours.

Comment

Telfair was basically an insurance policy in case Lowry/Lucas got hurt at some point the rest of the way. At the time, it seemed a little more important than it does today because the idea of sneaking into the playoffs hadn't yet been trampled like it did the last week.

Yes, it sucks that we gave up a second rounder for a needless insurance policy.

Colangelo is bad at his job.

Lucas is bound to regress to his mean at some point in the near future, at which point we will probably get a look at Bassy. It is still terrible asset management however.

Comment

I like the way Lucas plays within his role. Since the Caldy trade he's been a great backup, just like he was for the bulls after Rose went down in the regular season last year.
              In regards to getting Telfair, it's more insurance should Lowry go down with one of his niggling injuries. Besides, I remember reading somewhere signing a new guy would have put the Raps in the luxury tax, so getting a cheap contract made more sense.

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
                I like the way Lucas plays within his role. Since the Caldy trade he's been a great backup, just like he was for the bulls after Rose went down in the regular season last year.
                In regards to getting Telfair, it's more insurance should Lowry go down with one of his niggling injuries. Besides, I remember reading somewhere signing a new guy would have put the Raps in the luxury tax, so getting a cheap contract made more sense.
                Yes but Telfair needs playing time to be a good backup because we don't want him to rust and then should Lowry get injured he will be thrust into the action and we don't want him to be rusty then.

Comment

brickwall281 wrote: View Post
                  Yes but Telfair needs playing time to be a good backup because we don't want him to rust and then should Lowry get injured he will be thrust into the action and we don't want him to be rusty then.
                  For the remainder of the season, does it really matter if anyone gets injured? We're not playing for anything. We could start Jonas at PG for all I care.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    For the remainder of the season, does it really matter if anyone gets injured? We're not playing for anything. We could start Jonas at PG for all I care.
                    Yes, but we want to get a good record on our standards still.

Comment

Working...
                    X