Not to live in the past but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to live in the past but...

With the fact that we needed one more piece and a deal was on the table as crazy as this sounds how many people
    still wouldn't have taken the boozer deal...Cause with the way he's playing now and the fact he is putting up numbers in the one spot we need them...Man i really hope our new GM gets something for Bargs...

Cause really we could have used Boozer to help get us into the playoffs...Sure he was expensive but u pay to play and if it failed he would be a trade chip in his last year...

thoughts

This plays directly into Matt52's Ying-Yang thread. At this point we really should've done the Boozer for Bargnani deal...we shouldn't worry about the money until we've created a winning atmosphere in this city. Boozer could've certainly helped us achieve that.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I was all for that Boozer deal. Can we count this as BC being inadequate or blame this on ownership?

Could you imagine the hype right now with Boozer on board??
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

There are few players in the league I hate more than Boozer and I would've done the deal
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          There are few players in the league I hate more than Boozer and I would've done the deal
          Is Hedo one of them?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Yes
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              This plays directly into Matt52's Ying-Yang thread. At this point we really should've done the Boozer for Bargnani deal...we shouldn't worry about the money until we've created a winning atmosphere in this city. Boozer could've certainly helped us achieve that.
              I feel BC has dug himself to the ground financially speaking.

Comment

Just because there were rumours about a boozer bargnani trade doesn't mean it was anywhere close to happening

"Hey Bryan, good news, I'm willing to trade you Carlos, for Andrea. All you have to do is include Jonas, and Terrance."

"Gar, I'm willing to take Carlos off your hands, but only if I can include Linas as well, and obviously you'll send us a first round draft pick too."
                I have a feeling that the both sides were split on what secondary pieces needed to be included, and I have a feeling both sides were thinking they were doing the other guy a favour. I'd have been willing to trade bargs for boozer too, but you can't blame BC for not making the trade unless you know more about what Chicago's asking price was.

Hopefully they won't find any takers for Boozer this summer and will come crawling back to us and we can take them to the cleaners.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                  Just because there were rumours about a boozer bargnani trade doesn't mean it was anywhere close to happening

I have a feeling that the both sides were split on what secondary pieces needed to be included, and I have a feeling both sides were thinking they were doing the other guy a favour. I'd have been willing to trade bargs for boozer too, but you can't blame BC for not making the trade unless you know more about what Chicago's asking price was.

Hopefully they won't find any takers for Boozer this summer and will come crawling back to us and we can take them to the cleaners.
                  Definitely comes down to that.

The leak of "offer on the table" shows, to me, that the Bulls said, "Here it is." Ball is in your court.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post

You're right. It was a 'rumour'. We don't know why it didn't materialise. What we do know is that Chicago wanted to get under the cap and Toronto didn't want to go over. If they did initiate talks and offered Boozer for Bargnani, it's very possible that's all they wanted Bargnani's contract for Boozer's. Klieza being part of the deal maybe something Toronto wanted but Chicago didn't.
                    Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Mon Mar 4, 2013, 10:11 AM.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I think everyone's just a little pissed off right now.

Doing that deal with Boozer would have been like being drunk and hooking up with someone you don't even really like (with a receding hairline) and then all of a sudden you're in a relationship for a couple of years.

Somehow, I can justify bargnani at $11 million and missing the playoffs rather than paying Boozer $16 million and making the 8th seed (only to be swept)

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                        Somehow, I can justify bargnani at $11 million and missing the playoffs rather than paying Boozer $16 million and making the 8th seed (only to be swept)
                        If in either scenario, we're over the cap...why wouldn't you rather have playoff basketball for 2 years?

Comment

Why would you want to go over the cap for Boozer? He helps you but does the help mean you should go into the luxuary tax? I dont think so.
                          @RavNation

Comment

Working...
                          X