• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the new guys enthusiasm
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Love the new guys enthusiasm
      THANK YOU SIR, appreciate it....I'm not gonna lie, the Toronto Raptors are my favourite team and I really do see something good for the franchise in the future. As long as the right pieces are kept and they keep endorsing Dwayne Casey new system, this team looks good. Gonna become an elite team in the EASTERN conference better than miami LOOOOL

This offseason, demar shouldn't work on shooting, he shouldnt work on defense, he shouldn't work on his handles or his offensive game, he should work on his CONFIDENCE LMAO....this guy has the craziest hops in the league and I didn't see as many posterizing this season as before. Maybe cuz it was a short one but when he drives in he should really just try to jump at them....he should know that he can drunk over anyone!! DeMAR DeROZANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Demar_8756; Sun May 20, 2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
        THANK YOU SIR, appreciate it....I'm not gonna lie, the Toronto Raptors are my favourite team and I really do see something good for the franchise in the future. As long as the right pieces are kept and they keep endorsing Dwayne Casey new system, this team looks good. Gonna become an elite team in the EASTERN conference better than miami LOOOOL

This offseason, demar shouldn't work on shooting, he shouldnt work on defense, he shouldn't work on his handles or his offensive game, he should work on his CONFIDENCE LMAO....this guy has the craziest hops in the league and I didn't see as many posterizing this season as before. Maybe cuz it was a short one but when he drives in he should really just try to jump at them....he should know that he can drunk over anyone!! DeMAR DeROZANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
        The optimism bias (also known as unrealistic or comparative optimism) is a self-serving bias that causes a person to believe that they are less at risk of experiencing a negative event compared to others. There are four factors that cause a person to be optimistically biased: their desired end state, their cognitive mechanisms, the information they have about themselves versus others, and overall mood. The optimistic bias is seen in a number of situations, including people believing that they are less at risk of being a crime victim, smokers believing that they are less likely to contract lung cancer or disease than other smokers, and first-time bungee jumpers believing that they are less at risk of an injury than other jumpers....[or in this case, believing your favourite team/player is in better shape than other teams/players]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimism_bias

Comment

• Welcome to the board Demar_8756. Your glass is half full, no doubt!

Comment

• Does Demar really deserve his own thread?
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
              Does Demar really deserve his own thread?
              No .... But I guess for some, it's a break from the Bargnani "to infinity ... and beyond" thread.

Comment

• I guess so.

But, I think it actually might be worse.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  The optimism bias (also known as unrealistic or comparative optimism) is a self-serving bias that causes a person to believe that they are less at risk of experiencing a negative event compared to others. There are four factors that cause a person to be optimistically biased: their desired end state, their cognitive mechanisms, the information they have about themselves versus others, and overall mood. The optimistic bias is seen in a number of situations, including people believing that they are less at risk of being a crime victim, smokers believing that they are less likely to contract lung cancer or disease than other smokers, and first-time bungee jumpers believing that they are less at risk of an injury than other jumpers....[or in this case, believing your favourite team/player is in better shape than other teams/players]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimism_bias
                  What in the HELL!??!?!?! LOL

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Welcome to the board Demar_8756. Your glass is half full, no doubt!
                  Thank you kind sir, I finally found some friends to talk about how the Raptors are the best team and how DeMar is the best player in the leauge. LOL thank you thank you hahahaha everytime I talk about the NBA to my friends they get annoyed.
                  Last edited by Demar_8756; Wed May 23, 2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

What in the HELL!??!?!?! LOL
                    In short, people have a tendency to over-value potential positive outcomes, while under-valuing potential negative outcomes. This phenomenon is known as the "optimism bias".

It seems to explain why you think DeRozan is destined for greatness, despite the lack of on-court, or statistical evidence suggesting so.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      In short, people have a tendency to over-value potential positive outcomes, while under-valuing potential negative outcomes. This phenomenon is known as the "optimism bias".

It seems to explain why you think DeRozan is destined for greatness, despite the lack of on-court, or statistical evidence suggesting so.
                      OOOOhhh ok I think I get it now. I guess what you are saying is right doctor... Although I really do believe he could be the franchise type player, I love his offensive game and his passion to always get better. If this team builds right and keeps the coaching staff , I see this team becoming a really good one. What you think?

Comment

• you sound like my friend who thinks anyone that has a couple of decent games is a superstar. I used to be like that, but as you watch the nba more and more you start to face reality. There are some cases where it leads to negativity(Many people on here) and some where you just give up on the team and stop watching games(see LBF). I luckily still have some of that optimism that you posses, i guess its cause I'm not as old as most of the dudes here who have seen this team fail many times.

Comment

OOOOhhh ok I think I get it now. I guess what you are saying is right doctor... Although I really do believe he could be the franchise type player, I love his offensive game and his passion to always get better. If this team builds right and keeps the coaching staff , I see this team becoming a really good one. What you think?
                          For the sake of the Raptors, I hope you're right

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            you sound like my friend who thinks anyone that has a couple of decent games is a superstar. I used to be like that, but as you watch the nba more and more you start to face reality. There are some cases where it leads to negativity(Many people on here) and some where you just give up on the team and stop watching games(see LBF). I luckily still have some of that optimism that you posses, i guess its cause I'm not as old as most of the dudes here who have seen this team fail many times.
                            You make a good point about age and a correlation with pessimism. Maybe someone can create a poll that captures both age, and level of optimism/pessimism surrounding the Raptors. It would be an interesting social experiment (assuming everyone answers honestly).

As for myself, I'm 32 years old, and have been a fan of the Raptors since before the team name was even decided. I've seen far more ugliness than greatness in these parts, but I believe Colangelo has the tools to turn this team around in the next 2 years. However, I'm not necessarily sold on Bargnani and/or DeRozan being integral parts. For me, the jury is still out on these guys.

Comment

• now i see why your soo negative all the time.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                now i see why your soo negative all the time.
                                At the end of the day, the only stat that matters is Wins. And there hasn't been many over the past 4 years. Based on that, it's hard to get excited.

Just like that old saying goes, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". The Raptors have fooled me far too many times before...that by now, it must be my fault, lol.
                                Last edited by Nilanka; Wed May 23, 2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X