No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani is also a solid PnR defender. Best on team IMO.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Bargnani is also a solid PnR defender. Best on team IMO.
      Vastly improved last year. Everytime he hedged hard, it made me weep with joy. The Italian Garnett.... ok that might be a little much.

Comment

• I dont think Bargnani's defense was ever fully in question, i think he's a good defender, his help defense was a bit iffy but vastly improved under DC. I know his defensive "effort" was also suspect before, but i think he also improved on that.

Rebounding was the main thing. But i dont question that anymore. If you're still hung up Bargnani's rebounding ability then you need to switch teams. I've surrendered to the fact that Bargnani will never ever be a double digit rebounder, no matter how many times you nitpick his height, weight and position.

I think Bargnani is poised for a breakout season. He has a slashing, good passing PG to throw him passes while he waits on the perimeter, and 2 defensive big men who can help him cover the paint and pull opposing bigmen inside rather than guard him. I think Lowry and Fields will mesh well with him because these two have played with the two of the league's volume scorers, and they will be able to create and even help create opportunities for Bargnani to score.

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
          I dont think Bargnani's defense was ever fully in question, i think he's a good defender, his help defense was a bit iffy but vastly improved under DC. I know his defensive "effort" was also suspect before, but i think he also improved on that.

Rebounding was the main thing. But i dont question that anymore. If you're still hung up Bargnani's rebounding ability then you need to switch teams. I've surrendered to the fact that Bargnani will never ever be a double digit rebounder, no matter how many times you nitpick his height, weight and position.

I think Bargnani is poised for a breakout season. He has a slashing, good passing PG to throw him passes while he waits on the perimeter, and 2 defensive big men who can help him cover the paint and pull opposing bigmen inside rather than guard him. I think Lowry and Fields will mesh well with him because these two have played with the two of the league's volume scorers, and they will be able to create and even help create opportunities for Bargnani to score.
          He will never average double digit rebounds, but he is very CAPABLE of GETTING double digit rebounds at any given night. We saw more of that last season. Especially when shots weren't falling, or he wasn't feeling it offensively, he did other things, more specifically, rebounding.

In my opinion, you must still demand Bargnani to rebound the basketball (I'm not saying that you implied Dwane Casey NOT to demand Bargnani of rebounding) but he's shown his ability to rebound 10+ on any given night.
          I think we can all conclude to the fact that he won't necessarily average 10+ rebounds, or be an exceptional rebounder. BUT, when he DOES rebound, and wants to hit the glass, he very well can acquire 10 rebounds. There's no denying his capabilities, nor should we.

No matter how you nitpick his height, weight, and position, you should know with that size, you are very capable of getting rebounds. Whether you can just grab em' or they fall in your hands, etc.
          We will say that he can never be a good rebounder, or 10+ rebounder, but we can also say that he is very capable of being a good rebounder, or 10+ rebounder.

That's all on Bargnani. The coaching staff can only do so much for a player on an effort stat. Depends on how much he really wants it.

- Otherwise, I agree with you. Bargnani IS very well poised for a breakout. After a whole entire summer of healing, resting, and working out, the guy should be fully prepared come Training Camp. Him and Lowry will be guys that this team relies on VERY MUCH of the load on both ends of the court.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• A Raptors fan writing that Bargnani will have a breakout year? Shocking!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              A Raptors fan writing that Bargnani will have a breakout year? Shocking!
              hahahaha man do i feel dumb now.
              I actually believed the article, but this just totally nullifies it.

Damn it.

Comment

• [QUOTE=torch19;129056]Does anyone else notice this about Bargnani ? When he gets the ball -- top of the key/elbow area, he either:

1) spots up in your face (low percentage shot)
                2) straight line drive for a dunk or reverse lay up
                3) 2 pump fakes, then spots up

4. 1 or 2 dribbles & a mid-range jumper -almost impossible to defend due to his size & quickness.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  lol that contract is pretty damn horrible, but not as horrible as the max contract that they gave to Lopez. I mean his contract entitles him $61 million in 4 years. Lopez doesn't play any defense whatsoever. He rebounds just as bad as Bargnani and not to mention he only played 5 games last season due to an ankle injury. You're really gonna give an injured center who doesn't play defense or rebound a four year $61 million contract?
                  Perhaps we should all appreciate more what Bargs does for what measly 10+ mil?
                  Lets forget what Bargnani does not do well (Fairly poor rebounder & lousy help defender) & focus on what he does solid:
                  -20 ppg (give or take);
                  -Solid 1 on 1 defender;
                  -Major match-up problem for opposing teams;
                  -That & a fairly reasonable contract (compare to Hump, Lopez...).
                  Lastly: lets be optimistic in D Casey ability to get more D out of Bargnani with a full training camp (plus with more KL & less Jose at point - his defensive liabilities will not be as glaring).

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                    Perhaps we should all appreciate more what Bargs does for what measly 10+ mil?
                    Lets forget what Bargnani does not do well (Fairly poor rebounder & lousy help defender) & focus on what he does solid:
                    -20 ppg (give or take);
                    -Solid 1 on 1 defender;
                    -Major match-up problem for opposing teams;
                    -That & a fairly reasonable contract (compare to Hump, Lopez...).
                    Lastly: lets be optimistic in D Casey ability to get more D out of Bargnani with a full training camp (plus with more KL & less Jose at point - his defensive liabilities will not be as glaring).
                    Not to mention he still has quite a bit of room left for growing. People are looking at all-star for him this year... I can't necessarily say the same for Humphries and Lopez..
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I just found this video this morning and it's making me laugh like crazy:

And people say Bargs doesn't show emotion...
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• What do you guys think about this:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...s-bulls-lakers

Andrea at number 8
                          Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• teoserio wrote: View Post
                            What do you guys think about this:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...s-bulls-lakers

Andrea at number 8
                            It's funny how Colangelo is responsible for 2 of those contracts.

Comment

• not even close. no amount of hype tells me lopez is worth his money. asik' is pretty incredible too. i think bargs is paid fairly and if he does well this year is a bargain.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                not even close. no amount of hype tells me lopez is worth his money. asik' is pretty incredible too. i think bargs is paid fairly and if he does well this year is a bargain.
                                I suspect the writer of the article was only looking at contracts signed prior to this summer. Bargnani has a reputation in the US media that he's one dimensional and is just fairly mediocre in that one dimension. So he'll get picked on.

I am not a Bargnani fan, but his salary is alright.. I would rather pay him what he is owed then someone like Gallo, Nene or David Lee.

Comment

Working...
                                X