No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well not to offend you guys, but Val looks most classy out of them, he's jeans are ok also, imo. Better than coming to restaurant with sweatpants. Well at least that's me ;D
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Been reading a few American previews over the past few days, and when discussing Valanciunas, I find that most writers are over-valuing the Olympics to make their assessments, failing to acknowledge how little minutes Jonas received, and how well he played in the 12 months leading up to London.

I think it's fair to assume that most of these bloggers/writers had very little exposure to Jonas prior to the Oympics.

Because of this, I could see Jonas surprising a lot of people (south of the border) this upcoming season.

Comment

• People tend to forget how bad Rubio was in international play the summer before coming to the NBA and year later he's a top 50 player.

Comment

• Vykis wrote: View Post
          People tend to forget how bad Rubio was in international play the summer before coming to the NBA and year later he's a top 50 player.
          Good point. In fact, I raise that to a great point.

2 reasons for surprise:

1) pick and roll better suited to NBA game,
          2) he actually gives max effort - that alone gives him an edge on over half the big men in the league.

Comment

• 100% correct Matt52 You are the man!

In Europe the young guys sit their ass on the bench!

Not necessarily a bad thing.
            Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

• Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Hey Jonas, who are you looking forward to playing against the most?

Love his answer (at 1:05)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Love his answer (at 1:05)

That summed up all we need to know about Jonas. What he said and the smile he said it with. I would make that clip my avatar if I knew how.

Comment

• Its blocked at work, but I'm guessing its where he says he'd like to play against Dwight? "Try me" or something?

Comment

• Jonas the fisherman

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Has anyone heard if Valanciunas is going to play on Monday against Real Madrid?

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            Has anyone heard if Valanciunas is going to play on Monday against Real Madrid?
                            He hasn't been participating in full-contact practices, probably doubtful for Monday. :S
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              Big, big shoulders. He may look slim, but it's not going to take him to long before no one is pushing him around.

Comment

• Really like how humble he is. And determined. He is going to work hard everyday to get better, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X