No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way JV is playing he should be a LOCK for the NBA All Rookie First Team.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      The way JV is playing he should be a LOCK for the NBA All Rookie First Team.
      Agreed.

Last 5 games: 18.4 ppg, 9.4rpg, 2.8bpg, .615 FG%, .824 FT% ! If he were to put up these numbers next year, he'd be an all-star! In his sophomore year! Wow! I hope he does just that. I want to see him dominate in the summer, when he'll play for his national team. I think it's the European Championship this year. I'll be rooting for Lithuania like a mad man!

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
        Agreed.

Last 5 games: 18.4 ppg, 9.4rpg, 2.8bpg, .615 FG%, .824 FT% ! If he were to put up these numbers next year, he'd be an all-star! In his sophomore year! Wow! I hope he does just that. I want to see him dominate in the summer, when he'll play for his national team. I think it's the European Championship this year. I'll be rooting for Lithuania like a mad man!
        As much as a fan I am of Valanciunas, he's not gonna average those numbers next season (I hope he proves me wrong, haha). I imagine him being a 13.5/9.0/2 guy next season - at least somewhere in that range. A steady, solid increase in production. However, stats aren't everything. I imagine him getting much better at defense as well.

Comment

• Finally there is hope, and his name is Jonas.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
            As much as a fan I am of Valanciunas, he's not gonna average those numbers next season (I hope he proves me wrong, haha). I imagine him being a 13.5/9.0/2 guy next season - at least somewhere in that range. A steady, solid increase in production. However, stats aren't everything. I imagine him getting much better at defense as well.
            Well, realistically speaking - yes. I agree with you. I would be extremely happy with him averaging 14/9/2 next year. He would still be a candidate for the MIP (most improved player) and it would be great! I'm just so excited about this young fella right now, that I'm losing it! If JV were to exceed those numbers, I would go completely nuts!

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
              Agreed. Statitistically my expectations for JV this year is 8/6. I haven't looked at the stats yet but he's probably close to that. Next year i would expect that to go up but not 18/9. Probably 14/8.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Agreed. Statitistically my expectations for JV this year is 8/6. I haven't looked at the stats yet but he's probably close to that. Next year i would expect that to go up but not 18/9. Probably 14/8.
                You're pretty spot on. He's currently averaging 8.6 PTS, 6.1 REB & 1.2 BLK in 23.5 minutes. Let's hope you're as right about his second season as you were on his first.

Comment

Don't think there's much question he'll make a big jump next year in terms of his scoring. He's been in double digits nightly for the better part of a month. With the way he shoots free throws, moving up to 14-15PPG doesn't seem unrealistic. The last elite player in Toronto (Bosh) made a big leap in year two. Most good players do. I expect Jonas will as well. We're already seeing it in the last 15 games or so.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    Don't think there's much question he'll make a big jump next year in terms of his scoring. He's been in double digits nightly for the better part of a month. With the way he shoots free throws, moving up to 14-15PPG doesn't seem unrealistic. The last elite player in Toronto (Bosh) made a big leap in year two. Most good players do. I expect Jonas will as well. We're already seeing it in the last 15 games or so.
                    So basically if JV becomes as good as or better than CB4 than this team is going to be very very good. Rudy gay paired with Jonas is a very good tandem, something we've never had before. Lets just hope it all pans out, even though it never does for us raptor fans it seems.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      So basically if JV becomes as good as or better than CB4 than this team is going to be very very good. Rudy gay paired with Jonas is a very good tandem, something we've never had before. Lets just hope it all pans out, even though it never does for us raptor fans it seems.
                      This time it will I swear it will I SWEAR IT WILL

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        There's potential. Val will have issues though. Teams will start game planning for him. Showing him doubles. He'll have to make good decisions. Teams will attack him trying to draw fouls.

It's easy to get too excited about JV but he's likely 3-4 years away from entering his prime. He's only 20/21. I keep telling myself that. Still, while I don't think he's Shaq or Yao or Wilt or Russell, I do believe he can be an elite centre. Maybe I'm wearing the rose coloured glasses but I don't see the comparisons to Chandler and Noah. Those guys are not as good as JV's ceiling.

Comment

• JV reminds me of a young Marc Gasol. a LOT. It's terribly exciting.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            JV reminds me of a young Marc Gasol. a LOT. It's terribly exciting.
                            Yeah I agree.. a cross between Gasol and Noah. Noah's energy and Gasol's smarts.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Yeah I agree.. a cross between Gasol and Noah. Noah's energy and Gasol's smarts.
                              I think rookie Marc was way more polished than rookie Jonas (although Marc was 3 years older), but I somehow think Jonas is a lot tougher than him, don't you?

Comment

• Ppl don't give BC enough credit. If JV makes a huge jump next year, doesn't this team look a lot more than 8th seed?
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X