• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    It's Yo-Nas.
    Just to clarify, I'm talking about the Lithuanian pronunciation

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      It's actually "Yo-nas" if you want to pronounce it correctly. Landry pronounced it as it should be
      thats weird because at 2:20'ish in that video, landry says jo-nas. rudy has said jonas multiple times in interviews. and that amir johnson pronouncing video also says jo-nas.

i guess its just both, depending on how you want to say it. sorry i'm sure this has been beat to death.

Comment

• http://dailythunder.com/headlines/th...iunas-inquiry/

Raptors 'Quickly Rebuffed' James Harden For Jonas Valanciunas Trade Inquiry From Thunder.

lol
        Last edited by rocwell; Thu Apr 18, 2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          http://dailythunder.com/headlines/th...iunas-inquiry/

Raptors 'Quickly Rebuffed' James Harden For Jonas Valanciunas Trade Inquiry From Thunder.

lol
          I've said this before somewhere, but I'm so glad this didn't happen. People might say Houston was smart for the deal, but giving up Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb is not the same thing as giving up JV. At the time, it seemed pretty certain Harden was going to be an all-star SG, but I don't know if anyone predicted he'd be able to carry the load he has. And I'm a gigantic Harden fan. He's my favorite SG in the league. But I still wouldn't have given up JV. But if they had wanted Demar and Ross (to mirror Martin and Lamb), I would've done that. I would've offered them their pick of anybody from the roster except JV.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't call Chandler an all-around defensive force. I frankly think it's ridiculous he won DPOY last year. He's a good defender and capable of causing problems in the paint. He's good at rebounding and shotblocking, but nothing special in either one. He should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence as actual defensive forces like Howard, Ben Wallace, Dikembe, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, etc....The fact that he won DPOY last year is all politics, because he helped a team win a ring and then got a big contract in NY (where their defensive improvement was not astonishing, by any means, and definitely helped by Woodson's presence, a fantastic defensive coach).

Man, Chandler is such a ridiculously overrated player. Casey/Dallas made his career by teaching him defensive discipline. He was always an over aggressive defender before that, who would pick up too many fouls and overcommit frequently. There's a reason Charlotte's GM was willing to trade Jose for Chandler, and it wasn't because of how amazing Jose was.

***phew, end of rant. If you think Chandler's a great player, that's fine, but to me he's never been that impressive.
            He's massively overrated. He's not even a top 5 defensive player in the league. I bet anyone that Jonas is going to be way better than Chandler on both ends. He going to be destroying dudes in the paint for years to come

Comment

• Speaking of Lamb Raps for a while were projected to take him, I wonder how that would have worked out he was looking nice in Summer League and his one game in Houston.

I hope OKC sends him to a team in a deal the kid is going to waste there. Yes I am a Lamb fan.

Comment

• Any chance we could have a new "Everything Valanciunas" thread every month? A thread with 98 fucking pages is completely unmanageable to someone like me who doesn't read every forum post every day. I understand the advantage of one thread for JV to prevent clutter, but just create a new one each month and lock the old one. I hate going into a thread that started last year becasue almost everything that has been said is outdated and pointless. I know I can scroll through until I find more recent posts, but when there is 98 pages, that can take me over 10 minutes to finally get to stuff from this month. Then, next time I wanna talk JV, I have to do the same shit all over again. Do posts from September 17th 2011 really have to be in the same thread as posts from April 19th 2013?

-my 2 cents

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Any chance we could have a new "Everything Valanciunas" thread every month? A thread with 98 fucking pages is completely unmanageable to someone like me who doesn't read every forum post every day. I understand the advantage of one thread for JV to prevent clutter, but just create a new one each month and lock the old one. I hate going into a thread that started last year becasue almost everything that has been said is outdated and pointless. I know I can scroll through until I find more recent posts, but when there is 98 pages, that can take me over 10 minutes to finally get to stuff from this month. Then, next time I wanna talk JV, I have to do the same shit all over again. Do posts from September 17th 2011 really have to be in the same thread as posts from April 19th 2013?

-my 2 cents
                  Thanks for the feedback. There's also a specific feedback/recommendations forum, where RR posters are encouraged to share their ideas, either by adding to a thread or creating a new one - http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ns-or-Feedback

The idea behind the catch-all "Everything xxx" threads were to prevent new threads being created around the same time/topic, which inevitably boiled down to the same discussion/debate going on in multiple threads; unnecessary duplication. However, some of them started getting used for any discussion about a particular player, even if there may have been fair reasons for unique threads to be created (I think that's why they were all unpinned).

We're open to new options about how to capture the best of both worlds, so please feel free to share your ideas in that forum!

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
                    Now what's the real way to say it, is it "Yo-Ness" or "Yo-Nas" ?

Edit: the "Nas" part is pronounced just like the rapper, but not as stretched out if you know what I mean
                    Yo-Nas - the only correct way to say it. The incorrect ways would be: Yo-Ness or Jo-Nas or Jonathan or Johnny etc.

Comment

• Here's a better example of how to pronounce his name Listen at 0:03

I believe it would actually be written Yoh-Nas in English.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post

Here's a better example of how to pronounce his name Listen at 0:03

That guy's hair is intense.

Comment

Here's a better example of how to pronounce his name Listen at 0:03

I don't know what I just watched, but I watched the whole thing ... I think we're in that weird part of YouTube.

Comment

Yo-Nas - the only correct way to say it. The incorrect ways would be: Yo-Ness or Jo-Nas or Jonathan or Johnny etc.
                            Yeah that's what I thought. Sounds a lot better than Yo-Ness

Comment

• Grade Valanciunas' season.

Grade the big man and his season.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I voted B, but only because of the amount of time he missed due to injury.

Very solid season. I really like this guy.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X