Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xixak wrote: View Post
    What lol... can you explain how DeRozan is a below average SG?
    10th in FGM amongst over 200 guards, in a league of 30 teams. nope, lebron or bust.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Circles. That is all this is. I'm tired of it. I bet others are too. We'll all see soon enough. I hope nothing but the best for DD but I'm not betting on it.
      How is it talking in circles. You just consistently fail to present counter-arguments supported with any real evidence. You said DeMar and Gay don't mesh... I showed you statistics proving that they increased both their volume AND efficiency when they played together. You then proceed to reach for a cop out as usual.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        And the guy who really sticks out on that team for me was Rasheed. PF/Cs who can shoot 3s and defend the rim - qualities that directly made up for Hamilton's weaknesses - are incredibly rare. Almost non-existent. Could be that without those specific qualities that Sheed brought to the table, the Pistons wouldn't have reached anywhere near the levels they did.

Of course, it's more complicated than that. Ben Wallace was a really unique player, which adds another big, fat wrinkle to any analysis of what was going on with that Detroit team. But I think there's real merit to the idea that if you have a Hamilton/Derozan-esque player as your 2, having a stretch 4/5 who can block shots is essential. Which, as has been said before, would help to explain why BC insisted on hanging on to Bargnani.
        Hello Austin Daye!
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I ran across an interesting thing yesterday that seriously discounts all the love for Danny Green as a great defender, usually used as pointing out how much better he'd be for the Raps than DD. Synergy Sports' very focused stats gathering says that Green is very good in TEAM defense situations (within Pop's arguably best team defense of the past 15 years, anchored by Mr Tim Duncan), but in iso and spot up defense, he's ranked 303rd in the league, allowing 1.09 points per possession. It would seem he's nowhere near the great defender that most fans and media tout him as.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Hello Austin Daye!
            Lmfao got a chuckle out of this.

Comment

How is it talking in circles. You just consistently fail to present counter-arguments supported with any real evidence. You said DeMar and Gay don't mesh... I showed you statistics proving that they increased both their volume AND efficiency when they played together. You then proceed to reach for a cop out as usual.
              I've had this discussion for the last 4 months. If you really want my counter-arguments go look at my past posts.

Comment

I've had this discussion for the last 4 months. If you really want my counter-arguments go look at my past posts.
                Cop out.

Comment

• I dont mean to bring up my old post but:

"Somewhere along the lines of the season, DeMar despite playing well has become the new Bargnani for fans"

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                    I ran across an interesting thing yesterday that seriously discounts all the love for Danny Green as a great defender, usually used as pointing out how much better he'd be for the Raps than DD. Synergy Sports' very focused stats gathering says that Green is very good in TEAM defense situations (within Pop's arguably best team defense of the past 15 years, anchored by Mr Tim Duncan), but in iso and spot up defense, he's ranked 303rd in the league, allowing 1.09 points per possession. It would seem he's nowhere near the great defender that most fans and media tout him as.
                    This is interesting. Being on a great defensive team definitely does wonders for your defensive numbers. Do you have DD's PPP allowed stats?

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                      I ran across an interesting thing yesterday that seriously discounts all the love for Danny Green as a great defender, usually used as pointing out how much better he'd be for the Raps than DD. Synergy Sports' very focused stats gathering says that Green is very good in TEAM defense situations (within Pop's arguably best team defense of the past 15 years, anchored by Mr Tim Duncan), but in iso and spot up defense, he's ranked 303rd in the league, allowing 1.09 points per possession. It would seem he's nowhere near the great defender that most fans and media tout him as.
                      Did it suggest that Green is better than other Spurs players w/r/t team defence? Or just that Spurs tend to rank higher than non-Spurs in general, because their system is better?

(For, as we here know from seven years of evidence, team defence and individual defence are mutually exclusive skills.)
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Cop out.
                        Sure.

When you get up to 13,600 posts, lets see how willing you are to engage in the same argument over and over.

I've had my fill.

If you want to proclaim victory, go right ahead.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          I dont mean to bring up my old post but:

"Somewhere along the lines of the season, DeMar despite playing well has become the new Bargnani for fans"
                          It's simply a by-product of superfans not acknowledging the significance of their favourite player's flaws.

Comment

This is interesting. Being on a great defensive team definitely does wonders for your defensive numbers. Do you have DD's PPP allowed stats?
                            JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Did it suggest that Green is better than other Spurs players w/r/t team defence? Or just that Spurs tend to rank higher than non-Spurs in general, because their system is better?

(For, as we here know from seven years of evidence, team defence and individual defence are mutually exclusive skills.)
                            Unfortunately you have to pay to get access to Synergy's data. I read that in an article, where it concluded that one of the factors is that Green gambles too much hedging on help D, leaving his cover wide open, and him scrambling pack too late, which is one of those things not often picked up by observers who aren't studying game film.
                            Last edited by p00ka; Tue Aug 13, 2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Sure.

When you get up to 13,600 posts, lets see how willing you are to engage in the same argument over and over.

I've had my fill.

Funny you seemed really eager to give long-winded responses in the "Signs of Tanking" thread.

Comment

Sure.

I've had my fill.

Xixak wrote: View Post
                                Funny you seemed really eager to give long-winded responses in the "Signs of Tanking" thread.
                                Matt52, I'm trying to reform myself in my attitude with you, but this kind of stuff makes it hard, man. Whether it was Bargnani, or now DeMar, you keep initiating the same arguments over and over again, which is exactly what my "burr in the saddle" has been with you, with a secondary gripe being this "I've had my fill" line coming when someone presents something factual that trips you. Sorry, but that's how it seems anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X