No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani will be more popular. If he gets better there will be loads of people loving him thus more threads and more talk. And as he is a rising star and all, he'll have interviews about how he overcame all the pressure. And if he does badly there still will be loads of threads about how he sucks and "I told you so" and he'll have interviews about how he played badly and why and all. Plus he's a euro, so he'll be greatly popular just because he'll be the leader next year...

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
      Don't you think his SEASON average of ~80% is a much better representation of his free throw shooting ability instead of three random games you remember watching?
      http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...W3bG.KKGVTPaB4 That's his game log, you can clearly see how inconsistent he was from the line.

In his first month back, he was great hitting most of his free throws. Then the next month he hit (100,50,100,50,75,50,100,50,50,66,100) consistent? I think not. Then the next month (75,66,100,100,75,75,50,33,66,100,100,0,100) not very consistent either. And it got even worse the next month, so yes he was inconsistent. And just because I listed three examples doesn't mean he only was inconsistent those times, those were actually just random numbers I remembered towards the end of the year.

Comment

• So far he is doing well in the voting on the front page of RaptorsRepublic.com
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Pizzaman wrote: View Post
          I thought you didn't throw personal insults " dumbass". Meantime what I meant was he rarely got the lob in on the elbow to be able to create his own shot like RuPaul did. The reason many of his field goals are assisted is because many come from swinging the ball, or last minute passes from broken plays called for RuPaul. The other thing is what is wrong with shots being assisted? Have you been watching the NBA so much you have come to love the constant ball hogging that goes on in this league so guys can pad their stats? Remember basketball drills playing scrimage where the coach would mandate three passes before someone could shoot? That was to try and create team basketball that finds the open man and exposes slower defenses, something the Raptors could rarely do with RuPaul style basketball because he did not have the talent, desire, or IQ to actually pass the ball as a first option.
          Bargnani will get more unassisted points this year without RuPaul, but I still say that a center or PF does not need to to be effective. That's why they have pass first guards, and unselfish players. That's why teams like the Lakers and Celtics win games, not only because of their stars but because they have figured out how to do what's best for the team. That's also why I think RuPaul will strugle because he's only ever worried about himself.
          Sorry about turning this into RuPaul but he's my favourite piece of shit girly haired, deadbeat dad, bald headed chick dater I know.
          you're right sorry... got caught up in the moment... wont happen again.

Comment

• vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
            you're right sorry... got caught up in the moment... wont happen again.
            No issue I do it all the time in the heat of the moment. Meantime I would prefer to be civil and make my point but I always seem to get pissed at the goading. I don't mind Budda so much because he doesn't usually offend, even though he's way off base much of the time.
            Can't we just all get along? lol

Comment

• It's kinda like 4 on 1, we should all hope for the Young Gunz to be running away with the thread count, cause that'll likely mean they each had a stellar season.

As long as we have guys like Multipaul around though, you never know. He's good for a Bargs love thread every two days or so!

Go Young Gunz, and yes, Go Bargnani too!

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...W3bG.KKGVTPaB4 That's his game log, you can clearly see how inconsistent he was from the line.

In his first month back, he was great hitting most of his free throws. Then the next month he hit (100,50,100,50,75,50,100,50,50,66,100) consistent? I think not. Then the next month (75,66,100,100,75,75,50,33,66,100,100,0,100) not very consistent either. And it got even worse the next month, so yes he was inconsistent. And just because I listed three examples doesn't mean he only was inconsistent those times, those were actually just random numbers I remembered towards the end of the year.
                Lol, what?

Just because he didn't shoot 80% from the line in EVERY game of the season doesn't make him inconsistent from the line - 80% for the year is rock solid especially for a center. I think you're stretching way too hard to make your point credible and to justify making this thread about Bargnani missing 7 free throws in his 14 year old co-ed intramural league or whatever the original topic was.

The fact is that over a span of 82 games, you're going to get a much better idea of someone's true free throw percentage rather than if you break it down over a handful of games or even a month at a time... Please tell me you understand this.

I saw Tony Delk score 53 points in a game once, I saw him score 0 a few times and his career average was 9 points per contest. Which one of these numbers do you think accurately describes Delk's scoring prowess in the league? (I'll give you a hand, it's the last one)

Comment

No issue I do it all the time in the heat of the moment. Meantime I would prefer to be civil and make my point but I always seem to get pissed at the goading. I don't mind Budda so much because he doesn't usually offend, even though he's way off base much of the time.
                  Can't we just all get along? lol
                  Your understanding of the NBA game is the worst on this board by far.

Comment

Krix you fail to state that Bargs position in the offence does not speak to alot of boards, and also that and GM would pay way more for the extra 7 points versus the extra three boards. Look at what Evans, and Amir make versus scoring big men.
                    I don't know about that, personally I'd rather have 3 boards than 7 points because I feel like 7 points can be much more easily replicated.

Wouldn't the example of Evans and Amir mean our GM overpays for rebounds instead? It's not like Evans and Amir are known for their offensive talents. However I do agree with your point that scoring, in general, and scoring big men are the most commonly overpaid by GMs.

I don't really get the argument that Bargs doesn't get rebounds because of his position. Defensive rebound wise, he's one of the closest and tallest players to the basket. Offensively, ya he's more perimeter oriented, but Troy Murphy also shoots the 3 while averaging 10.2 rebounds, no one's going to start calling Murphy an allstar, franchise, or what not.
                    Last edited by Krix; Sat Aug 28, 2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Lol, what?

Just because he didn't shoot 80% from the line in EVERY game of the season doesn't make him inconsistent from the line - 80% for the year is rock solid especially for a center. I think you're stretching way too hard to make your point credible and to justify making this thread about Bargnani missing 7 free throws in his 14 year old co-ed intramural league or whatever the original topic was.

The fact is that over a span of 82 games, you're going to get a much better idea of someone's true free throw percentage rather than if you break it down over a handful of games or even a month at a time... Please tell me you understand this.

I saw Tony Delk score 53 points in a game once, I saw him score 0 a few times and his career average was 9 points per contest. Which one of these numbers do you think accurately describes Delk's scoring prowess in the league? (I'll give you a hand, it's the last one)
                      The average percentage does not define the consistency. If he hit AROUND 80% (e.g 70,75,85,100,100,80) then he'd be consistent. So you are telling me that if a guy scores 50 points one game, then 10, then 40 and then 15 through out the season, and averages 20 points a game makes him consistent? No it makes him streaky maybe, but not consistent. And do you know what the definition of consistency? This is one of them: consistent - of a regularly occurring, dependable nature

Comment

I never said Bargnani wasn't a good free-throw shooter, actually if you read any of my other posts on other threads (probably not) I always praise Bargs as he is my favorite player. But he needs to be more CONSISTENT. You can be good at something, but not necessarily consistent. And this example you use is pretty stupid, because you are just proving that he was a good scorer and I did not ONCE say that Bargnani wasn't a good free throw shooter. And also I don't think his 53 point game was in the same year as his "0" point games. SO your reference is useless. It's like saying I saw Shaq drop 40, but saw him score 5. Bargnani being a good scorer doesn't make him consistent.

Comment

• Brasky wrote: View Post
                          Your understanding of the NBA game is the worst on this board by far.
                          According to you the resident EXPERT?
                          Give me a break your mommies calling you, your internet time is up!

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                            I'll never for the life of me understand why we kept POB, who never played a god danged second in any minute of any game that was the least bit important or meaningful, while cutting Pops, who, while he was a Raptor, was deemed good enough to get rotation minutes - however meagre. The guy, regardless of how "reckless" or "unpolished" or whatever word the organization would use to describe him as not being worthy, can flat play. He was a guy that grabbed boards, on a team whose biggest failure was not grabbing boards. Yet he was cut and sent out of the league, while POB got paid to literally do nothing. It's astounding, really.
                            I agree, but as far as I know, Pops had a lot of problems in so many teams because of his attitude, for example in DKV Juventud in Spain...it may be the cause...

If a guy isn't going to play, at least don't let him ruin your chemistry...:/

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Go Young Gunz, and yes, Go Bargnani too!
                              That's the point...I can't understand why some people wants to confront some players with others, are we so bored this summer??????...I always hope all raptor players the best, even if I dislike them.

Comment

• How Deluded Are Raptors Fans If 50% Of Us Think Bargnani Is A Top-10 Centre?

Would he even play centre if this team had someone bettter to do it? Don't get me wrong, I think Barney is a talented player, but I think this is a classic case of Toronto fans overrating a local player.

Comment

Working...
                                X