No announcement yet.

James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon's numbers are very good whether it is FG%, 3P% or FT%. way better than our current options. The trouble is he doesn't take enough shots.

Comment

• The truth!

JOHNSON OVER BENCHING

A verbal altercation with Casey on the bench during a game led to a de facto two-game suspension for James Johnson but the mercurial forward is over it.

“We talked and that was that,” Johnson said. “I learned my lesson and I took my consequences like a man and you can only respect that.”

The incident — a mild disagreement during a win over Charlotte on April 3 — led to Johnson sitting out two games but the team did not suspend him, which would have taken money out of his pocket.

It was quickly brushed aside by both Casey and Johnson, one of those incidents that pop up during a season.

Johnson knows he has a tendency to press the issue every now and then but isn’t going to change too much.

“I think what I can do might seem a little too much now and again to everybody else,” he said. “But I know I can do it and I work on my game. It’s just putting those pieces together. Sometimes, yes, you do too much, might over-dribble a little bit, but it’s basketball and if you feel you can take your man and it might take a few more dribbles, then do that.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...sey-nets-98-67
      All things come out in time.

Comment

• Not important anymore, really.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          Not important anymore, really.
          No, but it certainly gives closure to anyone who was wondering.

Comment

• I guess.

I find it pecuilar that it was torn between Derozan and Johnson on who we were going to draft and now we have both and they've both been nothing to glote over. Not even together.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• James Johnson, Raptors’ lock-down defender, has added a move to his offensive arsenal that is making him a pretty big threat at the other end of the court.

It’s the Euro step, first popularized in the NBA by San Antonio’s Manu Ginobili and since copied by the likes of Dwyane Wade, Rajon Rondo and John Wall.

In short, it’s an offensive manoeuvre in which the player changes direction after picking up his dribble while driving to the basket. After picking up his dribble, the player steps in one direction and then steps in another direction to evade defenders and often avoid a charge call.

Johnson’s Euro step, however, is different from the others.

“His core is so strong so he can do it at a speed that other players can’t,” Raptors coach Jama Mahlalela said. “Most players, it’s a fast motion. Bang-bang and faster. He’s strong enough that he can go and stop and then come back and still get control. All the drills we do are to enhance that getting in control. It is the perfect move for him.”

Johnson worked on it over the summer and has been doing a lot of work, much of it with a medicine ball at nights when he comes back to the gym with Mahlalela.

“Medicine-ball heavy work allows him to control the ball up top (above his shoulders), get through contact and then finish it,” Mahlalela said. “The biggest thing with James is finishing at the rim. He can get to the rim every single time.”

Next up for Johnson according to Mahlalea: Mastering the corner threes.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/20...elp-but-got-it
              Corner threes would be fantastic

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                If he gets the corner 3, we're paying him 10 mill in 2016
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  i can't help but grin at the idea of James Johnson shooting 35-40% from corner threes
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    i can't help but grin at the idea of James Johnson shooting 35-40% from corner threes
                    If he does there's no reason he shouldn't start

Comment

• http://www.nba.com/raptors/drop-box-...ohnsonpost.mp4

"That was nasty right?! I cocked that joint back... banged on him"

Comment

• If he becomes a perimeter three point shooter it would be a detriment. As it is he penetrates, posts and passes in the interior. 3-D would make him less valuable especially since Toronto has 2Pats. A better shot would be great but a high fg% is better.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          If he becomes a perimeter three point shooter it would be a detriment. As it is he penetrates, posts and passes in the interior. 3-D would make him less valuable especially since Toronto has 2Pats. A better shot would be great but a high fg% is better.
                          I think you have misunderstood the whole concept of thinking outside the box, considering your recent posts across this and other threads.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            If he becomes a perimeter three point shooter it would be a detriment. As it is he penetrates, posts and passes in the interior. 3-D would make him less valuable especially since Toronto has 2Pats. A better shot would be great but a high fg% is better.
                            What.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              What.
                              Exactly!

Comment

• The number of Eurosteps JJ does is actually ridiculous, he must do it at least 3-4 times in the halfcourt and shoot like 60% on them. So weird considering it's a really hard move and he's never been a great offensive player.

Comment

Working...
                                X