Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    A number one scorer in the team means a guy who can be a franchise player. DD is not there yet and does not show flashes that he can even get there. Unless he come back next year and really take his game to next level, then the answer is NOOOO
    Why can he not be, in time? He's averaging 16.5 PPG in his second season(I hate to do this, but Kobe had 15.4 PPG his second season). He's also had 12 games with 25+ points. There's absolutely no reason to say "NOOOO" he can't...

And don't get it twisted, I'm not comparing him to Kobe.

Comment

• If you were to give Derozen the number of shots a first option gets today, he would easily be a 20+ point scorer. the issue with DD is his defense needs work and I would personally prefer that he got that down before we ask him to carry the scoring load.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        I dont understand the Kobe/Gasol reference visavis DD/Bargs. Kobe was a bonafide #1 scorer option with rings before Gasol was traded for. Yes Gasol helped make the team a championship team again but I just about choked reading the comparison. A good coach could rearrange the deck with a couple of new additions and DD shouldnt miss a beat continuing his progress (if he is what he seems to be...a good player who can be v. good). He is only in his 2nd yr. Cant let the team from progressing by refusing a nice exchange for Bargs.
        Well my refrence was in response to this question

Is DeRozan ready to take over as #1 scorer if Bargs get traded?

Clearly he seems to think the only way Derozan can become our #1 scorer is if Bargs is traded. But if you look at successful teams they have a star wing and complementary scoring big.. Lakers, Heat, Celits Bulls to name a few. We've seen flashes this year but when Demar and Bargnani develop more chemistry they will be able to play off each other more in pick and roles and more two man game high low feeds etc which will be a deadly combination.

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
          Well my refrence was in response to this question

Is DeRozan ready to take over as #1 scorer if Bargs get traded?

Clearly he seems to think the only way Derozan can become our #1 scorer is if Bargs is traded. But if you look at successful teams they have a star wing and complementary scoring big.. Lakers, Heat, Celits Bulls to name a few. We've seen flashes this year but when Demar and Bargnani develop more chemistry they will be able to play off each other more in pick and roles and more two man game high low feeds etc which will be a deadly combination.
          I think the point of the question was that without Bargnani, the team would need a new #1 option, and whether or not DeRozan could be that guy. As for whether Bargnani being on the team prevents DeRozan from being the #1 option, I think it could. Bargnani is a volume shooter and has always taken a lot of shots. And, quite frankly, if he's not taking shots, what the hell is he on the floor for?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
            You have to be a leading scorer to be a franchise player? since when. No one thinks Bargnani is a franchise player cause he's one dimentional all he can do is score. I'd rather have a player who is decent at offense and plays hard on defence rather than a guy who scores and stands around on the defensive end letting guys drive past him. Im certain DeMar will make a much huger impact on our franchise than Bargnani.
            You need to improve on your logic because no sane person who knows logic 101 will draw your conclusion from the below sentence :

Statement 1: A number one scorer in the team means a guy who can be a franchise player

Your Conclusion: You have to be a leading scorer to be a franchise player !!!

Of course the answer to that question is NO. But I don't have time to teach it to you. I suggest Logic 101 in your high school or if you are old enough in the community college near you. It will benefit you on many aspects of your life.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              Why can he not be, in time?
              Because he has not shown the type of growth that one expects. Look at Rose and Curry for example and how much their game changed over the years.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                I think the point of the question was that without Bargnani, the team would need a new #1 option, and whether or not DeRozan could be that guy. As for whether Bargnani being on the team prevents DeRozan from being the #1 option, I think it could. Bargnani is a volume shooter and has always taken a lot of shots. And, quite frankly, if he's not taking shots, what the hell is he on the floor for?
                Well I think your wrong. Don't get me started on what our team looks like with a combination of ed and amir or dare i say ed and reggie on the floor at the same time. It's basically like handing the other team a victory. If you want to stunt Demar's growth go ahead and trade Bargnani. Maybe your man Ed will open things up for Demar. You know teams are definitly terrified of that silky smooth jumper of his they dare not leave him open.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                  Because he has not shown the type of growth that one expects. Look at Rose and Curry for example and how much their game changed over the years.
                  Your comparing sg to pg. Pg develope much quicker than sg's because they don't need to adjust their games as much from college to NBA. Demar has grown leaps and bounds from last year. What Demar have you been watching?

Comment

Well I think your wrong. Don't get me started on what our team looks like with a combination of ed and amir or dare i say ed and reggie on the floor at the same time. It's basically like handing the other team a victory. If you want to stunt Demar's growth go ahead and trade Bargnani. Maybe your man Ed will open things up for Demar. You know teams are definitly terrified of that silky smooth jumper of his they dare not leave him open.
                    If you haven't noticed, a combination of just about any current Raptor is basically handing the other team a victory. At least with Davis and Amir, you have a front line that is actually half decent on the defensive and, and both players, while not great scorers, are at least efficient offensively.

Besides, I never mentioned mentioned starting both Davis and Amir together. Neither one has the size or strength to defend the center position. I would hope that the Raptors would be able to acquire a decent center who isn't a liability on either end of the court.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If anything Bargs will help Demar develop quicker into the primary scorer. Think Kobe, Gasol.

He won't be traded sorry to bust your balls.
                      Bargs aint shit but a jumpshooting 7'0 footer with no cahonas and will get traded for a small forward come off season.
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• I voted no never. I think Demar can be a very good scorer on this or any team, but I don't see him having what it takes to score 27 a night like the clear cut team leaders do. I see him being part of a 1A-1B scoring tandem, something like a Rudy Gay Zach Randolph do in Memphis or like San Antonio and Boston does with 3 or 4 guys that can all go for 25 on a given night.

Demar has shown great improvement this tear but still has things that he needs t get better at to make scoring easier for him, and that is what I feel will hold him back.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Demar Disappoints

So who watched the Clilps game? I gotta tell you, I knew we would lose. We had no closer. With King Bargs on the sidelines, who is gonna step up?

Check the stats- Demar was chucking bricks and got annihilated by must-see BG.

Is THIS our future "franchise" guy. All the Bargs haters take notice, Double D proved he's not there yet. This team will be in rough shape next year if he is our #1 option. Yikes!

Comment

• But he's not our future franchise guy, so what are you crying about?

Comment

• Brasky wrote: View Post
                              But he's not our future franchise guy, so what are you crying about?
                              Not crying. Simply pointing out that he is not what alot of ppl are hyping him up to be.

I believe I saw a "Demar Jordan" post last week on this very site...

Comment

• Hes in his second season and is a project. If anything you should be making a thread about how hes gotten better faster than most thought he would.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X