No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes i watched the games where he rebounded 3 times in 2 games...we lost both.

Did you watch any the past 5 seasons ?

Comment

• So is he going to the all star game this season ?

Lets say the team is near the bottom of the league and he is averaging about 23 and 4 for arguments sake,is he in ?
      You think he gets selected ?

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
        Its not unreasonable at all,he gets bashed for not rebounding and not being an interior presence..thats deserving....Best scorer on a 20 win team means absolutely nothing esp when alot of those losses will be on the blowout side....

See whats funny best thing u can say about his D is its not atrocious so what is that a notch under bad or a notch above pathetic lol

Name me a team that won with a non traditional center ? or one is average on D and doesnt rebound ? Dirk at least averages a dub but even he doesnt perform in the playoffs and get his team to that next level cuz that perimeter jumpshooting crap dont work in May/June....and if you pair him with a good PF and good guards then the credit goes to those players and not Andrea because we just now admitted he cannot lead a team or be the go to guy on a winning team.....

So in the end you really made no points other than agreeing that he stinks on the glass which was my whole point to my thread...
        So all credit goes to Gasol, Bynum, Fisher and Odom, because Kobe couldn't have won the two titles without them. And Dirk was two wins away from a ring, which isn't quite a success but still shows that the formula works. Just like you can't blame just Dirk for the teams losses against Golden State, you can't blame just Bargs for the teams ineptitude, its more about a lack of talent team-wide.

I know that his rebounding sucks, but you seem to think that his scoring ability or his man-to-man defense is completely irrelevant because of this, which is not true.

Actually, I have a question for you Trife, who do think Bargs compares with skill wise and talent wise (doesn't have to be a centre, could be a guard, foward or anyone), just curious to know how good a player you think he is

Comment

Its not unreasonable at all,he gets bashed for not rebounding and not being an interior presence..thats deserving....Best scorer on a 20 win team means absolutely nothing esp when alot of those losses will be on the blowout side....

See whats funny best thing u can say about his D is its not atrocious so what is that a notch under bad or a notch above pathetic lol

Name me a team that won with a non traditional center ? or one is average on D and doesnt rebound ? Dirk at least averages a dub but even he doesnt perform in the playoffs and get his team to that next level cuz that perimeter jumpshooting crap dont work in May/June....and if you pair him with a good PF and good guards then the credit goes to those players and not Andrea because we just now admitted he cannot lead a team or be the go to guy on a winning team.....

So in the end you really made no points other than agreeing that he stinks on the glass which was my whole point to my thread...
          It is unreasonable. Why don't you complain about other players? Actually why do you complain at all? It's alright after a game to go and say Bargnani didn't put in effort. But just everything he does, even the good is worthless? He was key against Utah btw. Cause I'm sure you didn't watch the game, or else you'd know this. Thanks partly to Bargnani, we actually we're behind by just one point. Now in that stretch both him and DD were doing really well, and guess what happened in the 4th quarter when Triano decided that neither of those two players should start?
          His defense isn't good, we all know that. His rebounding isn't good, we also know that. So for 5 years now, that's what people have been saying. So clearly, he will not become a good rebounder, maybe he'll become a decent defender. But that's you guys picking on his faults. I don't see anyone here saying DD and Weems over shoot, no one here says that Barbosa takes a load of bad shots in the game. No one here complains about how Kleiza went for a 2 point shot when we were down by 3. C'mon.

Oh, and Dirk brought the Mavs to I think 10 consecutive play-off appearances. And they got to the finals in 06. But what is the point of bringing up Dirk? And we are a rebuilding team. We are not a play-off team this year at least. If you actually expect us to get into the play-offs this year, you are gonna have a lot more negative feed-back on the team as the season progresses.

Comment

So is he going to the all star game this season ?

Lets say the team is near the bottom of the league and he is averaging about 23 and 4 for arguments sake,is he in ?
            You think he gets selected ?
            What does the all-star selection have to do with anything? He is not an all-star player.

And just for you to know, I've watched nearly every game for 10 years.

The Utah game we could have won. You didn't watch the game so you wouldn't know.

Comment

• BTW, has anyone ever scored a less impressive 23 points than sonny weems (saying Mike James doesn't count)

Comment

• cornbreadd wrote: View Post
                BTW, has anyone ever scored a less impressive 23 points than sonny weems (saying Mike James doesn't count)
                Monta Ellis.

Comment

• im complaining because he doesnt rebound the ball...3 boards in 2 games proves that
                  The last 5 seasons shows that...theres a correlation to what he doesnt do and this team being a losing ass team....

I dont care if you dont understand....his scoring is meaningless on this team this year...

MEANINGLESS

he doesnt rebound the ball and play adequate defense....you cannot defend it which is why as always you are nowe turning this into about "other players"

BUT those other players you werent touting as all stars ready to take there games up with CB gone....so back to my complaint he isnt taking his game up til he rebounds and plays better D

you get it yet ??

Comment

• Oh was that you in my living room hiding behind the sofa....

No we werent going to win Joseph...we were down by alot early on,we had no chance to win after that despite how close it got.
                    You dont win those games on the road esp in Utah,Denver.......only teams that do are ship teams not the Raptors....

Its a lil difficult to get over that 20 pt deficit hump in the 3rd on the road,ur assed out at that point...sorry you dont understand that but we never really had a shot in this game.....

If you really watched this team 10 yrs youd know 2 things are guaranteed EVERY YEAR blowout losses in Utah and Denver....

Comment

im complaining because he doesnt rebound the ball...3 boards in 2 games proves that
                      The last 5 seasons shows that...theres a correlation to what he doesnt do and this team being a losing ass team....

I dont care if you dont understand....his scoring is meaningless on this team this year...

MEANINGLESS

he doesnt rebound the ball and play adequate defense....you cannot defend it which is why as always you are nowe turning this into about "other players"

BUT those other players you werent touting as all stars ready to take there games up with CB gone....so back to my complaint he isnt taking his game up til he rebounds and plays better D

you get it yet ??
                      Yes, meaningless? Really? So you are telling me you will be happy if Bargnani stops scoring and starts rebounding. So, let's say over the next month he averages 7 points and 8 rebounds. You will be happy?
                      Me turning to the "other players"? It's a team sport. The game revolves around the team playing well together. If you lose a game, it's NEVER because of one guy.
                      And no one on our team is an all-star. NO ONE.

Comment

• We get it, I also get pissed off about how anyone who plays the centre position can snag a single rebound in 35 minutes, but I'm sorry, his scoring is not meaningless. Who else is going to contribute the 25 a night he gives, Anderson, Jose, Jack, its not going to happen and just so you know, you need to score to win basketball games. You are right that he won't be a franchise player until he starts averaging at least 8 rebounds a game and plays much better defence, but just like you accuse people of overlooking his defense and rebounding, you can't just ignore his scoring skills.

I wanted to know who you would compare to Bargs as I'm interested to know just how bad you think he really is, do you think he's as good as say, Marcin Gortat?

Comment

Oh was that you in my living room hiding behind the sofa....

No we werent going to win Joseph...we were down by alot early on,we had no chance to win after that despite how close it got.
                          You dont win those games on the road esp in Utah,Denver.......only teams that do are ship teams not the Raptors....

Its a lil difficult to get over that 20 pt deficit hump in the 3rd on the road,ur assed out at that point...sorry you dont understand that but we never really had a shot in this game.....

If you really watched this team 10 yrs youd know 2 things are guaranteed EVERY YEAR blowout losses in Utah and Denver....
                          Yes we could have won. Just because we got blown out all the other years doesn't mean it has to happen. And we got really close, and we had momentum. We could have taken control of the game, and taken the lead. What killed us was DeRozan stepping out of bounds, and then CJ Miles dropping threes on us. We were down by 7 in the end of the third.

And my name isn't Joseph. So you are telling me you actually watched the game? And you don't think we could have won? And you don't think that Bargnani was a focal point in our game? And that we played real well in the third quarter? C'mon dude.

Comment

When we lose games because of bargs play on the glass and defensively YES
                            When we win games because of defense and rebounding HASNT HAPPENED
                            I just saw this, it made me giggle. So we only lose games because of Bargnani, and when we win games, who cares he didn't rebound. Nice.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                              Let me get this straight. When we WIN and Bargnani scores and doesn't rebound everyone gives him shit. When we LOSE and Bargnani scores and rebounds everyone gives him shit. What about the other players then? Why couldn't they score on the losing team?
                              All people like you do is complain.
                              Bargnani scored and rebounded well against the Jazz. He got killed by Al Jefferson on defense, but Jefferson is one of the best low post scorers in the league and no Raptor should be lauded for his defense tonight, that's for sure. I can't understand how a team can play as good defense as they did at one point, and as bad defense as they did at another. And it's not as if it's the starters or the bench. Both were like that.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Bargs + Reggie

I don't think that alot of Raptor players like playing with Bargnani thus a large roster turnover from last season [SirChillyMost]
                                I’ve heard lots of things about Bargs, but this is a new one. Now he’s the reason players won’t come to Toronto? Is this what Turk was referring to?

I think its pretty damning statement to Bargs that they feel they have to start Reggie even tho he offers you nothing offensively. [Trife76]
                                Reggie does offer offense. Maybe not how you would see it, but an average per game of 5.25 Offensive rebounds, does create more opportunities. Prior to the Utah game, Evans was LEADING the League in ORbs.
                                There seems to be this split, between whether we should be okay with Bargnani having low rebounding numbers (as long as the team excels in that department), and Andrea needing to be much better at grabbing Boards, if the Raps hope to win games. The Utah game just adds more to that conflict. Andrea had good numbers across the Board, and we lose. While in the "opposite" scenario, AB gets 1 SINGLE rebound, and we get a win.

Comment

Working...
                                X