No announcement yet.

Rick Carlisle: "(DC) done a great job with it. He's done a great job there.''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick Carlisle: "I haven't paid any attention to the Raptors (rightfully so) but I'll give my guy a good word".

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Carlisle was talking up Casey even before the Raptors hired him. He's not going to change his tune now.
      The story was. After the Mavs won the the championship 2 years ago. Carlisle called Colangelo about the Raps vacant coaching position and recommended Casey.

So you know Rick Carlisle is a Dwane Casey guy.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        The story was. After the Mavs won the the championship 2 years ago. Carlisle called Colangelo about the Raps vacant coaching position and recommended Casey.

So you know Rick Carlisle is a Dwane Casey guy.
        Maybe he wanted him off the staff because he kept pounding the rock in his office all day.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Maybe he wanted him off the staff because he kept pounding the rock in his office all day.
          I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Dwane Casey was a big part of the Mavs Championship team.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Dwane Casey was a big part of the Mavs Championship team.
            Thanks for clearing that up because my post was dead serious
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I would not consider myself a 'basketball mind'. No coaching experience, or high level playing experience.

That said, EVERY SINGLE GAME - I have a serious issue with decisions made by Coach Casey. Mainly rotations he chooses, and also X's and O's issues ... There's not a doubt in my mind he can get a lot out of a group of guys on the floor, and demand and teach a strong defensive effort.

Did he plateau as a great lead assistant, with a focus on the defensive end? I think so.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Thanks for clearing that up because my post was dead serious
                Your welcome.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

His defensive schemes were great. As a head coach he has failed.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I think you can find maybe 7-8 guys with NBA coaching experience that might squeeze more out of this team than Casey has. But how much more -- we've won 40% of our games. I don't think this team is capable of winning, say, 60% of its games. So maybe you bring in a George Karl or a SVG or a Sloan and whoop-dee-doo we have 12 wins instead of 9. This is still a bad team that would get swept in the first round.

I've been saying this from the beginning when everyone said fire Casey. Why? There's no point. Come back to me when you see a roster that *should* contend, then we can talk about coaching.

Look at the Knicks or Brooklyn.. those are teams that you expected to be contenders and they're not. When the Raptors get to that level of talent/roster and we're 9-14, then we should talk about getting a new coach.
                    12-11 would be pretty good right now.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      can we just make this the game thread? lol
                      Suggest ask CalgaryRaps fan or Joey Hesketh....

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Suggest ask CalgaryRaps fan or Joey Hesketh....
                        I'd suggest auditioning for The View.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I'd suggest auditioning for The View.

Only If they bring back Eluzabeth Hasselbach.

Comment

I think he's a great defensive coach... But then there are moments like in the Charlotte game. Up 16... Jefferson only has like 5 points at the half , cause we've been doubling him on the catch and forcing Charlotte to try and beat us elsewhere. Then we just stop. Not for a play or two to keep him guessing , but for the rest of the game, low and behold he finishes with 20+

Comment

Working...
                            X