Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From insider:

Considering that he is owed about $23 million over the final two seasons of his contract, has a dramatic propensity for long-term injuries (98 missed games over past three seasons) and diminishing statistical returns the past few seasons, moving Bargs would likely be priority No. 1 for any GM. The question is whether Ujiri can pull it off without simply trading Bargnani's contract just to clear it off their books.

The Charlotte Bobcats, Philadelphia 76ers and Chicago Bulls all reportedly talked to the Raps at the trade deadline about Bargnani, and there are a number of teams with the requisite cap space and potential roster holes (Phoenix Suns, Atlanta Hawks, Sacramento Kings) to make a deal with the Raps if they think he can turn things around in a new locale, so perhaps Ujiri will have some luck moving the big man.
    The bulls talk is well documented, and i believe i remember hearing about philly, but bobcats? Anyone remember anything about that?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      From insider:

The bulls talk is well documented, and i believe i remember hearing about philly, but bobcats? Anyone remember anything about that?
      Yes, for Gordon.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Yes, for Gordon.
        Crap, that's right. Bargs absolutely needs to go but i'm not sure i'd do that deal.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Crap, that's right. Bargs absolutely needs to go but i'm not sure i'd do that deal.
          Gordon has an expiring contract next season.. I would definitely do it to help get Bargs contract off the books early. If Charlotte throws in a draft pick even better.

Comment

The only benefits to that deal would be that Gordon's an expiring contract and it would be added wing depth, which could provide insurance to pursue other wing-related trades.

Comment

• oh it's expiring? alrighty then.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                Likewise my fellow poster......you can Go back to his rookie year and make all the excuses you want....i'll continue in the here and now and move onto the future......its no secret Fields is overpaid. What i don't understand is this:

The same people always talking about trading Derozan are the same people defending Fields......LOL

So we get better by keeping useless players and getting rid of our better players????? Did you guys go to the Bryan Collangelo school of team building??? Obviously i dont agree with your talent evaluation abilities!

I would've NEVER offered Fields a contract.....some of you still seem to be high on the guy.....wow
                Probably because he had a nerve problem in his shooting arm that literally prevented him from shooting...
                I really don't know how you cannot understand something so simple. Did you think his shot all of a sudden just went away?

Comment

• Does anyone know if this is the first summer that Bargnani has played for his national team since becoming a Raptor? I read somewhere that he will be playing for them this summer and thought maybe it's a prelude to him leaving the NBA. I beleive he got a Canadian citizenship around the start of last season, so this could be the first step of getting back into the good graces of his fans back home. I know it's a stretch, but since nobody knows for sure what we can get for him, a buyout and move back to his homeland might be something in the cards for AB.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Does anyone know if this is the first summer that Bargnani has played for his national team since becoming a Raptor? I read somewhere that he will be playing for them this summer and thought maybe it's a prelude to him leaving the NBA. I beleive he got a Canadian citizenship around the start of last season, so this could be the first step of getting back into the good graces of his fans back home. I know it's a stretch, but since nobody knows for sure what we can get for him, a buyout and move back to his homeland might be something in the cards for AB.
                    He played on Italian National senior team in 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011.

Comment

• Bargnani playing in the summer only increase his chance of getting hurt then and in the NBA season. Ujiri should tell him no and then if he gets traded before then, it's the next team's problem.

Jose, Jorge, Andrea, nothing good has come from these guys playing hard all summer.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        The only benefits to that deal would be that Gordon's an expiring contract and it would be added wing depth, which could provide insurance to pursue other wing-related trades.
                        I think Gordon actually fits the Raps need for a backup PG and scoring off the bench. He is a great 3 point shooter, and would be a big upgrade over Lucas as the backup PG (while he doesn't pass a ton he is a way better distributor than Lucas). His contract being a year shorter than Bargs is also an added benefit. I think we could squeeze a second round pick out of Charlotte in the deal too.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Bargnani playing in the summer only increase his chance of getting hurt then and in the NBA season. Ujiri should tell him no and then if he gets traded before then, it's the next team's problem.

Jose, Jorge, Andrea, nothing good has come from these guys playing hard all summer.
                          To be fair, Jorge really should't have played, and the Raptors "asked" him not to. I thought that was a big reason why they ended up buying him out. DIdn't he play in the summer right after his brutal injury? And then need another surgery the next season? And then in the next summer, because it was the 08 Olympics, he really wanted to play again but the Raptors were like "are you fucking crazy?", and they then proceeded to buy him out.

It was really poorly handled, but I guess Jorge really didn't give a shit about his NBA career in the end.

It doesn't bother me too much with Bargnani. Actually, his 2 best seasons came after summers of playing well for the Italian National team. That might be a selling point to a team hoping he could have a bit of a bounceback year.

As for Jose...I don't think it's the long summers of national team ball that kill him. I think he was carrying too big a load too often in Toronto. Put him down for 20-30 mpg as a starter or backup, and he's pretty reliable for the whole season. This means actually creating a PG tandem though, where both guys are comfortable with their roles. Instead BC always brought in guys with chips on their shoulder who aren't actually better than Jose. Different, sure, but not better. Everybody looks bad when your GM is a dunce.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            I think Gordon actually fits the Raps need for a backup PG and scoring off the bench. He is a great 3 point shooter, and would be a big upgrade over Lucas as the backup PG (while he doesn't pass a ton he is a way better distributor than Lucas). His contract being a year shorter than Bargs is also an added benefit. I think we could squeeze a second round pick out of Charlotte in the deal too.
                            BEN GORDON IS NOT A PG. NEVER WAS. NEVER WILL BE. Sorry, I feel that needs emphasis. He will never run a team's offense.

This would only be ok as a deal if we got Charlotte's lottery pick (and that's probably too crazy to happen). The only advantage over Bargnani is his expiring contract. So even if they decided to trade for him, I would hope he's never going to see a minute of playing time, and will be traded or waived before the end of the season...I dislike Ben Gordon to say the least.

Comment

• They let him play. Colangelo had the option to disallow it, doctors advised against it but he caved.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                He played on Italian National senior team in 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
                                Thanks, I was way off.

Hopefully, he puts on a good show over there and possibly a willing trade partner scouting players in Europe comes out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X