2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I think that the reason Casey wants DeMar to gain weight is to he can play the 3. I think going to sign a three this summer but were definately but were definately lose one of Calderon, Bayless, Barbosa this trade deadline or summer. Will need guard help
    No he wants him to gain weight so he can take more contact and give out more contact when he is driving to the rim. It has nothing to do with changing positions.

Comment

• DeMar's a much better 3 than 2.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        DeMar's a much better 3 than 2.
        No he's not and I doubt he will play there long term. He was only playing the 3 when we were using small lineups with bay less at the 2.

Comment

• I'm liking the idea of drafting Lamb or Beal for the future SG position if the Raptors win a few more games and slip to 6 or 7 or 8 in the lottery which means Davis, Drummond, Barnes, MKG, and Robinson will likely be off the board.

Comment

• Brad Beal would be a great contributor off the bench. He would be a automatic impact player for us that way. Unlike the other player we would have to wait for(miller & PJ3). Maybe in his second or third year he'll get the start with a bigger and battle tested DeMar on the wing with him.

I really think the 3 position should be addressed by a vet, if we want to hit the ground running next years.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              No he wants him to gain weight so he can take more contact and give out more contact when he is driving to the rim. It has nothing to do with changing positions.
              Agreed, Demar is a two, he's going to get his ass handed to by threes whether he adds weight or not.

He's a two, he's a good two, not the expected we hoped, but he'll pick it up.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                DeMar's a much better 3 than 2.
                That would be the beauty of Wilson Chandler or Nicolas Batum with DeMar. Both those guys are offensively talented enough, especially Batum, to play SG while having the size and ability to guard the other team's SF.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Absolutely.
                  Darn! With the streak over I can no l longer justify buying cookies.

Comment

• Quincy Miller: DraftExpress.com Prospect of the Week

Miller's intrigue from an NBA standpoint starts with the physical tools that he brings to the table, as he possesses great size for a small forward prospect at 6-9, with a wingspan reportedly measured (by Baylor) at 7-4.

His wiry, under-developed frame does not look NBA-ready at this stage, but considering the fact that he turned 19 only a few months ago (November), he should continue to fill out in time.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1nWyr9mUE
                    http://www.draftexpress.com
                    Miller's most impressive attribute might be his ability to create shots off the dribble. He doesn't have the most explosive first step, but he has outstanding scoring instincts, doing a nice job utilizing shot fakes and showing terrific ball-handling skills for a player at 6-9. He's able to put the ball on the floor with either hand and utilize crossovers, hesitations, spin moves, jukes, and step-back dribbles to create separation to get his shot off, with superb body control and very polished footwork.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1nWyhRL4I
                    It will be interesting to see how much more explosive he will get over time considering he's only about 15 months removed from tearing his ACL in December of 2010. This is an injury which at times can take up to 18 months to fully recover from, especially for players lacking in lower body strength, which Miller clearly is. Watching him play, he appears to be still moving gingerly at times, even with a slight limp, which is something teams will surely want to take a closer look at during the pre-draft process.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1nWyLcoEl
                    Defensively, it's tough to get a great gauge on Miller as a man-to-man defender, since Baylor uses a zone as their primary defense. It appears that he'll have quite a bit of work to do, however, as his defensive fundamentals seem to be lacking, as he struggles to get in a low stance on the perimeter and has below average lateral quickness for his position.

Additionally, his focus and energy level are inconsistent, as he doesn't seem to bring the same intensity level from possession to possession, which was clearly an issue for him already in high school. He'll need to improve his toughness, particularly in terms of fighting his way through screens, something that getting stronger will likely help with.

What's intriguing about Miller is he clearly has the potential to be very dangerous on this end of the floor, with his excellent size and length at the small forward position. His 7-4 wingspan enables him to contest opponents' shots even from a half step away from his man, giving him a cushion to take away driving angles.

Even when he gets beat he's often agile enough to still put himself in position to make a play at the rim, helping him get plenty of blocks, steals and rebounds due to his sheer length and anticipation skills.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1nWzKMqnE

Additionally, his focus and energy level are inconsistent, as he doesn't seem to bring the same intensity level from possession to possession, which was clearly an issue for him already in high school. He'll need to improve his toughness, particularly in terms of fighting his way through screens, something that getting stronger will likely help with.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1nWyXeZuo
                    Regardless of how he progresses with his athleticism, Miller clearly has some attributes that will make him very attractive to NBA decision-makers with his high skill level and scoring ability to go along with his excellent size and length at the small forward position.

His under-developed frame may limit how quickly he'd be able to immediately contribute at the NBA level, but, barring any long-term injury concerns, he has a terrific upside to grow into as he continues to put on strength, improve on the defensive end, and adds polish offensively.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1nWxqpOyu

There is a lot to like about Quincy Miller. I still believe his ceiling his higher than both Barnes and MKG.

Comment

• Miller has dropped in most draft boards through the season. He dropped a goose egg on Texas last week. I'll qualify that. Quincy had a rebound and two turnovers. Chad Ford now has him at 14 now behind Damien Lillard.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        There is a lot to like about Quincy Miller. I still believe his ceiling his higher than both Barnes and MKG.
                        Its probably true but how long are you willing to wait for him? I think BryCo will go for a more NBA ready player.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                          Miller has dropped in most draft boards through the season. He dropped a goose egg on Texas last week. I'll qualify that. Quincy had a rebound and two turnovers. Chad Ford now has him at 14 now behind Damien Lillard.
                          Damian Lillard is rising every where if raptors pick at the 9 or lower. They would seriously have to consider him. Which I'm would be tottaly pleased with.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Its probably true but how long are you willing to wait for him? I think BryCo will go for a more NBA ready player.
                            It is better going for a guy who will be much better long term than a dude who can come in and provide right away but not have a high ceiling. Miller would be excellent for this team

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              It is better going for a guy who will be much better long term than a dude who can come in and provide right away but not have a high ceiling. Miller would be excellent for this team
                              The thing is here.....

B.C created a team that'll be "rebuild now, contend for the future."

But from what I've read from other threads, he wants to hit the ground running next year.

So what does that mean? I honestly don't know.

But maybe he believes the guy we sign this draft will be a long-term type project, but is someone that will contribute right away. Because Valanciunas is coming next season, healthy Bargnani and Jose, Demar Derozan getting his grove on, and the small forward, It could be something like an OKC where they have the team built to win a championship in the next few years, but have been able to be very competitive and contend at early stages.

So, my opinion, grab the higher ceiling player, because in the long term, which is what the team is built to be in, he could help us in contention.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                The thing is here.....

B.C created a team that'll be "rebuild now, contend for the future."

But from what I've read from other threads, he wants to hit the ground running next year.

So what does that mean? I honestly don't know.

But maybe he believes the guy we sign this draft will be a long-term type project, but is someone that will contribute right away. Because Valanciunas is coming next season, healthy Bargnani and Jose, Demar Derozan getting his grove on, and the small forward, It could be something like an OKC where they have the team built to win a championship in the next few years, but have been able to be very competitive and contend at early stages.

So, my opinion, grab the higher ceiling player, because in the long term, which is what the team is built to be in, he could help us in contention.
                                Than that would be PJ3 after Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond he has the highest ceilling.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X