Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    It also says....

Which seems to be the more accepted definition. Mediocre is related to medium. A mediocre team would be the Pacers. I would not say the Raptors are barely adequate.
    You don't have to agree with me but I am correct in what I said.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      You don't have to agree with me but I am correct in what I said.
      And so am I.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Raptors now bottom 3 in losses!

Wow, looking like our chances of getting top pick just got better with the Washington & Kings winning. can't wait for the Draft to see who will actually be available. What do we need more a Point Guard or a Center?

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
            Wow, looking like our chances of getting top pick just got better with the Washington & Kings winning. can't wait for the Draft to see who will actually be available. What do we need more a Point Guard or a Center?
            How about a shooting foward like Harrison, he is the man the raptors must get, if not Harrison then Perry Jones, althrough some people have him listed as a power foward(ESPN) while others have him listed at a shooting foward.(Draft Express).

Comment

I say either draft Irving or Barnes. I like both of them. The thing I see with Irving though is that if you draft him, you can then use Calderon as trade bait to get another piece like a defensive centre or a small forward. If you draft Barnes, then you're stuck with Jose. One of our weakest points is perimeter defence. Irving would address this issue. Barnes would too but you'd still be left with Jose trying to stop penetration into the D. That's why I would lean towards taking Irving over Barnes but both of these young fellows will be good to very good players in the NBA. We have to now hope the Raps lose the rest of their games and the Wizards, Nets, and Kings keeping winning a few more. Schedule wise, I think we have a tougher schedule than the other teams. 5 games left: 2 against playoff teams (Miami, Philly), 1 against a team still in the hunt (Bucks) and 2 against non-playoff teams (Nets and Cavs). I actually would not be surprised to see them lose to Cleveland tonight. The Cavs have played much better of late and the Raps have a tendency to play up to the good teams and down to the bad teams.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                Yeah, Sacramento and Washington are struggling down the stretch. I am a little surprised that the Raptors are finishing so strongly as in the past they've been know to totally choke down the stretch, dropping multiple places. Not this year, not under Jay Triano's watch. He has them playing a brand of basketball where anything is possible. Cleveland should take notice.

Comment

goldenboy78 wrote: View Post
                  How about a shooting foward like Harrison, he is the man the raptors must get, if not Harrison then Perry Jones, althrough some people have him listed as a power foward(ESPN) while others have him listed at a shooting foward.(Draft Express).
                  Actually Draft Express has him as a Power forward, NBADraft.com has him as a combo forward and they are getting less hot on him as time goes by, I say no to Perry Jones, just not the right fit for a team trying to get tougher and put forth consistent effort.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If they end up selecting third there should be safe, just as talented options on the board. If people haven't enjoyed waiting on Bargnani to mature and going through the growing pains with him then they're not going to be happy with Perry Jones. Not to mention the questions about his drive. I was really open to Jones before the seasons started but not now with all the new info.

Moving back on topic, everyone should start cheering for Cleveland to turn this one game win streak into a six game win streak.

How the heck does Minnesota get so high in the inverted standings building around someone like Kevin Love?

Comment

Wiz To Combat Raps Using A Classic Off-Court Tactic Most Commonly Know As "Tanking"

"Not on my watch Craptors!"

Wizards coach Flip Saunders announced Tuesday that leading scorer Nick Young, forward Josh Howard, forward Rashard Lewis, guard Cartier Martin and center Hamidy N'Diaye are all done for the season, each of them nursing knee injuries.

Forward Trevor Booker was ruled out last week with a broken right foot.

"We got six guys that are done, and we are playing with nine," Saunders said . "So we are undermanned, but our guys have been competing. That's one of the reasons we have been able to win a few in a row."
                      Source: RealGM.com

Comment

If people haven't enjoyed waiting on Bargnani to mature and going through the growing pains with him then they're not going to be happy with Perry Jones.
                        I think you're confusing people being unhappy with a certain aspect of Bargnani (or aspects) and not enjoying his development. You keep saying that Raptor fans don't have patience for high picks, but it's basically been one player. And, for most fans, it has nothing to do with when or where he was drafted.

Although I do agree on your apprehension with Perry Jones.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

No, every player that hasn't had instant impact has been tossed under the bus. I'm basing this on the ten or so years I've been posting on Raptors forums. It's not just Bargnani. Hoffa got crucified. People had little patients in Joey G. People were unjustly hard on DeRozan last season and again this season he's been grilled in here by multiple posters. It's ordinary for Raptors fans, Tim. Some of them turn out to be justified but the timing of the ones they get right on is still wrong. Players need two, three and sometimes four years before you know which way they're going to go. It's why I've never been behind trading Bargnani until this season. The writing is on the wall now. Perry Jones is the kind of player who's going to probably need three or four years to get an accurate read on. This mixes with Raptors fans like oil with water. It is, how it is.

Comment

No, every player that hasn't had instant impact has been tossed under the bus. I'm basing this on the ten or so years I've been posting on Raptors forums. It's not just Bargnani. Hoffa got crucified. People had little patients in Joey G. People were unjustly hard on DeRozan last season and again this season he's been grilled in here by multiple posters. It's ordinary for Raptors fans, Tim. Some of them turn out to be justified but the timing of the ones they get right on is still wrong. Players need two, three and sometimes four years before you know which way they're going to go. It's why I've never been behind trading Bargnani until this season. The writing is on the wall now. Perry Jones is the kind of player who's going to probably need three or four years to get an accurate read on. This mixes with Raptors fans like oil with water. It is, how it is.
                            Hoffa and Joey Graham were simply poor players that got drafted WAY too high. I think people get frustrated with bad picks, but I think you're overemphasizing a few critics. I think, for the most part, fans have been patient with DeRozan, just as they've been with Davis. There's always going to be critics, but overall, I didn't notice that much criticism of DeRozan. Just a few vocal ones.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Joey Graham was projected by most to go in the top ten that year. I remember this clearly because Steven A. Smith on air gave commentary generally criticizing Babcock for getting the picks backwards. He suggested that Charlie V should have been the second pick and Joey should have been the first pick. And there was no way to tell that Joey wasn't going to get better. He was billed as a strong defender in college and had out of this world athleticism. His shot wasn't bad and his penetrating ability was excellent when he picked the right time to attack. He had all the physical tools, with the exception of IQ, to be a very good player.

We have been patient with Davis because he's delivering right out of the gate. The fans have been split on DeMar for the second part of this year but if you go back to threads from last year and before January 2011 you'll see a different tone at times... In particular after bad games. As such I still strongly disagree.

Comment

Joey Graham was projected by most to go in the top ten that year. I remember this clearly because Steven A. Smith on air gave commentary generally criticizing Babcock for getting the picks backwards. He suggested that Charlie V should have been the second pick and Joey should have been the first pick. And there was no way to tell that Joey wasn't going to get better. He was billed as a strong defender in college and had out of this world athleticism. His shot wasn't bad and his penetrating ability was excellent when he picked the right time to attack. He had all the physical tools, with the exception of IQ, to be a very good player.

We have been patient with Davis because he's delivering right out of the gate. The fans have been split on DeMar for the second part of this year but if you go back to threads from last year and before January 2011 you'll see a different tone at times... In particular after bad games. As such I still strongly disagree.
                                I thought Joey Graham was a bad pick from the get go. He was a raw 24 year old that didn't do anything particularly well. The sad thing was that I predicted that pick because Babcock had a history of being mezmorized by guys who have good combine results, and Joey was one of most athletic players in the draft. Unfortunately, he had very few skills.

And I think what fans want to see is SOMETHING in a young player they can have hope for. The fact that Graham is barely in the NBA and Araujo didn't last 5 years tells me maybe the fans were right about them.

As I said, I think the forum is probably not the best place to find a consensus among fans. In reality, you've only got a couple of dozen people on here. And they are generally the most vocal.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X