Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh...

I have little faith in DC. I don't think they have any clue how to approach adapting their material into movies (other than Batman, and even there they've had some major failures). I thought Man of Steel was not good, and I don't have high hopes for Batman vs. Superman, or any subsequent Justice League sequels.

And suicide squad? Maybe they'll benefit from it being a more random source that people are less familiar with...but kind of surprised they are making a movie of it.

Comment

Can't wait to see Margot Robbie in the Harlequin outfit ha, ha.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Will Smith is going to be SO annoying i can feel it

don't like joker being involved, personally.

how are there only 3 members? Flagg is more of a "handler".

and yes i can't wait to see Margot in Harley Quinn's outfit. good gravy.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

they should definitely have deathstroke in it
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            I can never take Aqua Man seriously after this LMAO
            How about now?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              What do you guys think about this?

I personally think it can work, but I think this could ruin any of the positive cred he's built up over the last ... since Jennifer Lopez.
              Dumb question but it's Batman vs. Superman... So are they against each other the whole movie? No offense but Batman can't take down a guy who can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, super senstive hearing, see through walls, cannot be injured by bullets, etc. It's kind of like Mike Tyson in his prime versus Andy Dick.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Dumb question but it's Batman vs. Superman... So are they against each other the whole movie? No offense but Batman can't take down a guy who can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, super senstive hearing, see through walls, cannot be injured by bullets, etc. It's kind of like Mike Tyson in his prime versus Andy Dick.
                From what I understand, its to be lightly based on the Dark Knight Returns comic by Frank Miller (who did the original Sin City & 300 comics). In it, Batman is in his later years of fighting crime, and still very much a vigilante; where Superman is fresh in the business, wreckless, careless etc. but a lackey for the Government. As set up by Man of Steel, it seems to be in line so far. They obviously eventually come together to form the Justice League though.

And Batman has beaten Superman a few times in their history I'm pretty sure. Always winning by being smarter first, and having the gadgets to do it.

Comment

From what I understand, its to be lightly based on the Dark Knight Returns comic by Frank Miller (who did the original Sin City & 300 comics). In it, Batman is in his later years of fighting crime, and still very much a vigilante; where Superman is fresh in the business, wreckless, careless etc. but a lackey for the Government. As set up by Man of Steel, it seems to be in line so far. They obviously eventually come together to form the Justice League though.

And Batman has beaten Superman a few times in their history I'm pretty sure. Always winning by being smarter first, and having the gadgets to do it.
                  Batman can beat anybody, because of the bold. His superpower is intelligence and preparedness. I'm sure he never leaves home without a piece of kryptonite, just in case.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Batman can beat anybody, because of the bold. His superpower is intelligence and preparedness. I'm sure he never leaves home without a piece of kryptonite, just in case.
                    You hit the nail on the head, thats what Batman is known for. But I feel like if he went up against someone like spiderman he would have a hard time even if he was prepared before hand.

Comment

Unless he has a pocket full of kryptonite I don't see it based on how they build up Superman as pretty much godlike.

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      You hit the nail on the head, thats what Batman is known for. But I feel like if he went up against someone like spiderman he would have a hard time even if he was prepared before hand.
                      Well Batman doesn't really have any villians like Carnage or Venom. He tends to take on the cerebral types such as the Joker, Ridler and Penguin.

I think Ironman and Batman have more similarities. Personality is a complete contrast but virtually everything else if very similar. Ironman vs. Batman, that would be an interesting duel.

Comment

First shot of our new Lex Luthor:

A little unsettling, I'm not going to lie.

Comment

I think Ironman and Batman have more similarities. Personality is a complete contrast but virtually everything else if very similar. Ironman vs. Batman, that would be an interesting duel.
                          We could just hire Ben Affleck and Robert Downey Jr to fight. Likely the closest we get to it, but I think it'd be a good fight!
                          Whats the RR Budget? Can we make this happen?

Comment

Guys..

If one Dc superhero can make a cameo in this film, who should it be?

My vote: Booster Gold.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              Guys..

If one Dc superhero can make a cameo in this film, who should it be?

My vote: Booster Gold.
                              Considering they've already got confirmed appearances from Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman, I would very surprised if they had any others. That's a pretty jampacked cast, who will all likely command their own spin off movies.

I don't know much about Booster, but he's from the future (I believe), which would make incorporating him rather difficult, unless they get into Time-Traveling, which I can't see happening this early in their run.

Comment

Considering they've already got confirmed appearances from Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman, I would very surprised if they had any others. That's a pretty jampacked cast, who will all likely command their own spin off movies.

I don't know much about Booster, but he's from the future (I believe), which would make incorporating him rather difficult, unless they get into Time-Traveling, which I can't see happening this early in their run.
                                Howard the Duck

Comment

Working...
                                X