Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pistons Looking For A Starting PG. Jose or Jarrett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons Looking For A Starting PG. Jose or Jarrett?

Hmmm .... the Pistons could prove to be a trading suitor for us this summer seeing how they want to change the dynamic their and move some of their valuable assets.

You think they'd be interested in either Jose or Jarret?

The Pistons are in dire need of help in the frontcourt, but the Detroit Free-Press writes that the team could be in the market for a starting-caliber point guard as well.

Rodney Stuckey has received quite a bit of public support from the franchise, which makes the rumors a bit surprising.

Detroit has a 5.3% chance of landing the first overall pick in June's NBA Draft, which would give them the opportunity to draft Kentucky point guard John Wall.

Stuckey is considered a better scorer than set-up man.
    Source - Click here

I'd prefer to give them Hedo. That way they could keep Stuckey as the starter and have Hedo take over "set-up" duties.

Otherwise, I think they'd want Jose, who is more of a set-up man than Jack. But if we're trading Jose, what do we take back? Salaries don't really favour a trade there.

Comment

I'm thinking the Pistons fire back and say the Raptors need to take on a bad contract for them to take Hedo, Ben Gordon or Charlie V bad.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I'm thinking the Pistons fire back and say the Raptors need to take on a bad contract for them to take Hedo, Ben Gordon or Charlie V bad.
        i would do it in a heart beat....hedo for gordon....

Comment

The Piston have absolutely nothing I would want, hence why they absolutely sucked last year.

This does, however, further highlight some Raptors fan's delusional thinking when it comes to other team's point guards. How many times have I heard someone pine for Stuckey? Newsflash: HE'S NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!! Just because a guy can drive to the basket doesn't mean you want him running your team.

And let's just get this argument out of the way. Just because the Raptors have Hedo, doesn't mean that having a shoot first PG like Stuckey would be okay. FIrst of all, Stuckey isn't a shooter. He shoots horribly from the perimeter. He doesn't play well off other people. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective, and if he's playing with Turkoglu, he won't have it. He should play SG but he makes DeRozan look like Kapono.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

A00715890 wrote: View Post
            i would do it in a heart beat....hedo for gordon....
            How does one bad contract for another help? And Ben Gordon DOESN'T PASS!!! He's an undersized SG who doesn't play defense and thinks he's much better than he is. He's a great shooter. Nice. But Hedo, despite his deficiencies, actually makes his teammates better. Gordon makes them spectators. Ben Gordon does absolutely nothing other than score, and often at the detriment of his teammates. Why on earth would you want that?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'd take Gordon for Hedo in a second. Yeah, Gordon is undersized and a bit of a chucker, but when he's hot, he's hot and he's shown to be a pretty clutch shooter. He's also 26-27, so he's not that old. The only problem is that he'd take time and touches away from DeRozan.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                I'd take Gordon for Hedo in a second. Yeah, Gordon is undersized and a bit of a chucker, but when he's hot, he's hot and he's shown to be a pretty clutch shooter. He's also 26-27, so he's not that old. The only problem is that he'd take time and touches away from DeRozan.
                Being a clutch shooter only helps if you're actually, you know, in games at the end. If the Raptors did this trade, they'd be in about as many games as Detroit was this past season. He sucks. Let's move on.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                  Being a clutch shooter only helps if you're actually, you know, in games at the end. If the Raptors did this trade, they'd be in about as many games as Detroit was this past season. He sucks. Let's move on.
                  hes still better than hedo...and like magokid said, hes younger...

and its not like hedo is a defensive stopper....and gordon can absolutely take over games....the dude is a pure shooter.....i would love to see him coming off the bench as a 6th man for the raptors

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                    Hedo's value right now is near rock bottom and there are whispers around that MLSE wants Turk gone at any expense, especially after what took place this past season. We'd actually be lucky to get a deal like that - Hedo for Gordon.

Comment

Hedo for Prince!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      ohh... alright.... i guess ill wake up now...

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Hedo's value right now is near rock bottom and there are whispers around that MLSE wants Turk gone at any expense, especially after what took place this past season. We'd actually be lucky to get a deal like that - Hedo for Gordon.
                        Fair enough. I'd go for it, as long as Ben Gordon never wears a Raptor uniform and they find another team to trade him to.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hedo was 12pts, 4rebs and 4 ast last season. Gordon? 13-1-2.
                          Both are getting paid almost 12mil next season.
                          Now, why would you trade a bloated contract, for another, for less stats?
                          And Hedo has already said he wants more touches, why would you get another player who demands even more touches? Wow. If the raps get Gordon, thats not just telling Bosh "get out of toronto" but also including a swift kick to his face along with it. I mean, it couldnt be more obvious than that. You want to get the ball off Bosh thats why youre getting Gordon. Getting Gordon is like adding 20pts plus 20 more fouls on our bigs coz Gordon cant guard anybody.

i think Hedo just needs one more year to prove himself. I mean how bad can he mess up next year? His effort was so-so this year and we were just 1 game short of the playoffs. If CB played those last 5 games, no doubt we would have been in.

Comment

Better bet, at least in developing a trade that might be palatable to Detroit, would be to look at:

Turkoglu, Bellinelli & $3 million
                            FOR
                            Hamilton

In pure Cash and Cap Detroit saves: 500k in yr1 / 2 million in yr2 / 1.2 million in yr3 - before Hedo's player option kicks in at 12.2 million. The $3 million is to offset costs for Bellinelli and that last year.

Toronto's gain is that of ending their self-imposed Cap 'hell' a year earlier and getting a player that is better regarded around the league.

Both teams get a player that could serve their team builds better.

Comment

Working...
                            X