Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
    When he's not being a clown, he's a pretty damn good basketball player
    hmm a 7 footer that doesnt work on his game has limited drive and motivation and is proven locker room poison that cant Post up? SIGN ME UP!

D Howard sucks one of the biggest overhyped overrated players in history.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      Like, what if the guy we draft is a bust? We're looking at another few years of rebuilding. It's just a fucking stupid Idea to me.
      Look, either you believe that GMs and their scouting organizations can get a good idea of a player's upside or you don't. If you don't, that's great, you want to believe it's still 1998 and analytics haven't been invented yet and scouts still rank players based on their gut - in which case trading is just as pointless as drafting because hey, maybe the guy you trade for doesn't play well next year! You never know!

Which is to say: "what if we draft badly" is not a valid answer, particularly when the question is "what is the easiest way for our team to become a serious championship contender" is so fucking obvious. You anti-draft people keep repeating the same three or four bogus arguments (the "only two championship teams have ever drafted their star" is my personal favorite because it is just so fucking stupid and wrong) like they're gospel truth.

Go cheer for the Bucks. Seriously. You'll be happier.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
        Look, either you believe that GMs and their scouting organizations can get a good idea of a player's upside or you don't. If you don't, that's great, you want to believe it's still 1998 and analytics haven't been invented yet and scouts still rank players based on their gut - in which case trading is just as pointless as drafting because hey, maybe the guy you trade for doesn't play well next year! You never know!

Which is to say: "what if we draft badly" is not a valid answer, particularly when the question is "what is the easiest way for our team to become a serious championship contender" is so fucking obvious. You anti-draft people keep repeating the same three or four bogus arguments (the "only two championship teams have ever drafted their star" is my personal favorite because it is just so fucking stupid and wrong) like they're gospel truth.

lol,,, ya gotta get a handle on that anger lad. We"re just talking basketball, and it may be a surprise to you, but good, even smart, people can have a different opinion than you.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Man... I want Millsap in a Raptors jersey SO BAD. I would even trade Derozan for him.
          Lowry, Ross, Gay, Milsap, JV, with Amir as 6th man. I could live with that for sure

Edit: I can't imagine Casey starting Ross though, he's allergic to younger guys on the floor

Comment

• Utah renounced their Bird rights to Millsap, so he"s now a UFA. Only way we could snag him is with help from someone else.

Comment

The Bucks have at least made the playoffs and had winning seasons since 2007. Like why wouldn't a bucks fan be happier than a raptors fan?

The first step to a championship is making the fucking playoffs!

I'm not saying the bucks are championship caliber. But, if I was a player looking to win. Milwaukee is looking better thanToronto..
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                Utah renounced their Bird rights to Millsap, so he"s now a UFA. Only way we could snag him is with help from someone else.
                There's no way we could get him unless we shed millions in salary or trade for him in December. We can't sign and trade anymore or sign straight up, since he won't accept MLE.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                  lol,,, ya gotta get a handle on that anger lad.
                  I'm not angry. I just like swearing.

Comment

I'm not angry. I just like swearing.
                    I think intense is a more fitting word
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      The Bucks have at least made the playoffs and had winning seasons since 2007. Like why wouldn't a bucks fan be happier than a raptors fan?
                      First off, the Bucks have been to the playoffs as many times as the Raptors have since 2007. Second, in the past twenty-five years, the Bucks have had a few playoff appearances, but they've only made it out of the first round once. Why? Because the NBA is a boom-and-bust league and the Bucks for the most part are content in the mediocre middle. The first round of the playoffs is their ceiling. I don't think that's good enough for Toronto and want the team to properly do the work to get us beyond that, and if it means another losing season then so be it.

Comment

First off, the Bucks have been to the playoffs as many times as the Raptors have since 2007. Second, in the past twenty-five years, the Bucks have had a few playoff appearances, but they've only made it out of the first round once. Why? Because the NBA is a boom-and-bust league and the Bucks for the most part are content in the mediocre middle. The first round of the playoffs is their ceiling. I don't think that's good enough for Toronto and want the team to properly do the work to get us beyond that, and if it means another losing season then so be it.
                        ...The bucks made the playoffs this past season....

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          hmm a 7 footer that doesnt work on his game has limited drive and motivation and is proven locker room poison that cant Post up? SIGN ME UP!

D Howard sucks one of the biggest overhyped overrated players in history.
                          His defensive player of the year awards were no fluke, his impact on a game at that end is something else. I don't believe he's a locker room poison either, besides last year in Los angeles which was just a complete fail altogether, Dwight is known for his positive, fun personality. On top of that, he's always near or at the top of the league in rebounding and blocks. and if my center averages 20 points on better than 57% shooting from the field, I don't think I'd have a problem with his inability to post up. Then there's all the other ways he impacts a game by drawing tons attention, making players think twice when wanting to drive, etc.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                            ...The bucks made the playoffs this past season....
                            Which means that since 2007 both the Raptors (2007, 2008) and the Bucks (2010, 2013) have made the playoffs twice.

Comment

• What if Kleiza is amnestied?

Comment

• Amnesty doesn't mean we get extra money....

Comment

Working...
                                X