Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Bosh is out what are your thoughts on a Raptors player wearing his number next season? I personally would like for it to happen. Thoughts?

Apollo wrote: View Post
    If Bosh is out what are your thoughts on a Raptors player wearing his number next season? I personally would like for it to happen. Thoughts?
    So what you are saying is that #4 with Bosh's name on it will never hang from the ACC.

If MLSE has no intention of hanging #4 with Bosh's name on it then why not give the number to someone else? I say go for 4 it
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't think someone should take that number right away. Give it a few seasons or so. After that, it's fair game. Unless that player is a star player and can handle pressure/make everyone forget about Bosh, the burden associated with that number and this team might be too much.
      Took a couple of seasons before someone took Vince's #15 (Garbajosa).

Comment

Well, if the Raptors don't wish to charish mediocrity then no, it should not hang. Not saying Chris is mediocre but if you placed him in a Lakers or Celtics jersey for that amount of time it would be a no brainer "no".

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I don't think someone should take that number right away. Give it 3 seasons or so. After that, it's fair game. Unless that player is a star player and can handle pressure/make everyone forget about Bosh, the burden associated with that number and this team might be too much.
        Long term relationships get an accepted one month out of the game period but Chris' number gets three years? Bow down to the power of the four.

If they have no intention of retiring it and he chose to leave then there should be know "do not touch" period on #4.
        Last edited by Apollo; Wed May 19, 2010, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I like Bosh, but if he leaves, his jersey should not be retired and if it's not retired, why not let someone else wear it?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Other than 0, 4 is the shittiest single digit jersey number you could have IMO. I don't think I can think of any other #4's in recent history off the top of my head. Well, at least he made it his own. I wouldn't wear it.

Comment

I really dont care if someone takes his number
              but i dont see it happening this season

Comment

Force POB to change his number to 4 as a tribute to Bosh.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  I don't think someone should take that number right away. Give it a few seasons or so. After that, it's fair game. Unless that player is a star player and can handle pressure/make everyone forget about Bosh, the burden associated with that number and this team might be too much.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

milsap
                    http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

If he chooses to leave, then he also gives up the jersey and number. He's done alot for the franchise and we can honor him some other time. We shouldnt really make a habit of letting ex-player's memories linger, show the other guys an the new guys that are here that we're moving on forward .
                      Last edited by RikkJames; Wed May 19, 2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I think we shouldn't even be discussing this, he's no Superstar, he's only won THREE playoff games for us.

Comment

As much as I like CB4, if he leaves this summer, he doesn't deserve to have his jersey hung up at ACC. I rather Alvin Williams' jersey displayed at ACC!

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                            As much as I like CB4, if he leaves this summer, he doesn't deserve to have his jersey hung up at ACC. I rather Alvin Williams' jersey displayed at ACC!
                            Considering we've done and gone nowhere but the 2nd round of the playoffs once, no one deserves to have their jersey hanging from the ACC rafters. We're still years away from that happening.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              What's your point? That Amir wears #15? Garbo wore it before him, but it took a couple of seasons before someone actually wore 15 after Carter.

Comment

Working...
                              X