Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Let's go through this...

1. I'm taking it that you've never seen Sullinger play. If you had, there's no way you'd be comparing the kid to Ike Diogu or Sean May. Some might not like the fact that he's not a prolific shot blocker, but the kid has a ridicuolously high basketball IQ, leads the team in scoring, has a nose for rebounding and is the best player on the best team in the nation. He was nominated as a player of the year award - all of this in his freshman year.

2. Not dealing Bargnani would be a mistake? You know what kind of deals are going to be presented/offered to Colangelo for Bargnani? Not very good ones. Many general managers will point to his deficiencies in regards to reboudning and will lowball Colangelo. I'd rather have Bargnani than some other stiff that'll clog up the cap.

3. Weems won't get much, but Reggie will get the MLE - If not from us, he'll get it from some other team. It might take a bit more from us to lock him in and prevent him from going to a contender.

4. Not dealing Kleiza would be a mistake? Seriously? The guy's gone for at least a year, so you think someone's gonna want to deal for him? Kleiza put up the numbers he did with a serious knee problem. I wouldn't start Johnson over him.

5. Wasting the remaining exemption 9M? Packaging the non-core players. Right. Because team in the league is dying for OUR bench players. I'm sure there's a plethora of contending teams out there that really wants to package their players for "non-core" players on one of the worst teams in the league.
    Thank you for posting that, now I don`t have to.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Let's go through this...

1. I'm taking it that you've never seen Sullinger play. If you had, there's no way you'd be comparing the kid to Ike Diogu or Sean May. Some might not like the fact that he's not a prolific shot blocker, but the kid has a ridicuolously high basketball IQ, leads the team in scoring, has a nose for rebounding and is the best player on the best team in the nation. He was nominated as a player of the year award - all of this in his freshman year.

3. Weems won't get much, but Reggie will get the MLE - If not from us, he'll get it from some other team. It might take a bit more from us to lock him in and prevent him from going to a contender.
      1. My only concern with Sullinger is that he is a below-the-rim guy. He isn't going to be a prolific shotblocker in the NBA and he's going to have trouble getting his shot off against NBA-level athleticism. But I do agree he is way better than Sean May or Diogu. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he went #1.

3. I don't think Reggie will get anywhere near the MLE. He'll get a vet minimum somewhere. The guy could barely get on the floor 2 years ago on a playoff team. He only looks okay in Toronto cause the talent level here is so, so low. Plus, he's only played like 50 games in 2 seasons and he's old. MLE is too much for an aging, oft-injured, one-note player.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        1. My only concern with Sullinger is that he is a below-the-rim guy. He isn't going to be a prolific shotblocker in the NBA and he's going to have trouble getting his shot off against NBA-level athleticism. But I do agree he is way better than Sean May or Diogu. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he went #1.

3. I don't think Reggie will get anywhere near the MLE. He'll get a vet minimum somewhere. The guy could barely get on the floor 2 years ago on a playoff team. He only looks okay in Toronto cause the talent level here is so, so low. Plus, he's only played like 50 games in 2 seasons and he's old. MLE is too much for an aging, oft-injured, one-note player.
        Sullinger is a below the rim kind of guy, but his smarts and savvy on the court lead him to be a very good player. He very well could end up like a Kevin Love player - something that a lot of us around here wouldn't say no to. We could use a Kevin Love-type player.

As for Reggie..he may be a one-note player, but he's very good at what he does. One of the best in fact. This is why I believe he'll get the MLE. Some team with rebounding woes will throw the cash at him.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          I didn't think the May and Diogu comparisons were fair to begin with. The main thing they all have in common is that they're all short and stocky for their position. May had all the talent in the world, came from an excellent program where he was a leader and a champion. His conditioning was poor though and his body didn't hold up. If he entered the league in peak condition and had no health issues he would probably be an important to piece to some team right now. Diogu is raw and needs a whole lot of work. The guy isn't polished at all but has far superior conditioning to May's. I think Sullinger is the best of both worlds. He takes care of himself and he's has lots of talent. He could be an Antonio Davis type player in my opinion.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post

2. Not Dealing Bargs in the off season would be a huge mistake (Greg Munro is already a better fit on a winning team)

4. Not Dealing Kleiza would be a mistake - When you look at how JJ defends the perimeter and compare it to Kleiza.... nuff said
            Dealing AB is the biggest mistake that he can make. I replace your number 2 with this:

2. Not Dealing Amir or ED in the off season would be a huge mistake. Use ONE of themand the draft pick to get a REAL star in town.

3. Keep Evans. He is and will out play Amir for next 2 years in the limited role that both can play.

4. Get a Real SF !!! All this JJ and Keliza talk are pure BS. Both guys SHOULD not be starting in any NBA team.

5. Trade Calderon and Bayless.

Comment

Let's go through this...

2. Not dealing Bargnani would be a mistake? You know what kind of deals are going to be presented/offered to Colangelo for Bargnani? Not very good ones. Many general managers will point to his deficiencies in regards to reboudning and will lowball Colangelo. I'd rather have Bargnani than some other stiff that'll clog up the cap.

4. Not dealing Kleiza would be a mistake? Seriously? The guy's gone for at least a year, so you think someone's gonna want to deal for him? Kleiza put up the numbers he did with a serious knee problem. I wouldn't start Johnson over him.

5. Wasting the remaining exemption 9M? Packaging the non-core players. Right. Because team in the league is dying for OUR bench players. I'm sure there's a plethora of contending teams out there that really wants to package their players for "non-core" players on one of the worst teams in the league.

Great Post

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                He takes care of himself and he's has lots of talent. He could be an Antonio Davis type player in my opinion.
                I should say that I really like Sullinger. He reminds me of Carlos Boozer. Another guy (down the totem pole) that comes to mind is Glenn Davis. I don't think he's as good as Elton Brand though I have heard that comparison as well. I have heard the Kevin Love comparisons but Love has a better face-up game, is a better passer, and a better rebounder. Still, I think Sullinger could be a guy you just plug in at the 4 for 7 years and forget about that position. That's not a bad find in this draft.

Comment

Working...
                X