Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    all the toronto media is biased...

how can eric smith say something bad about any of the players or management knowing he will have them on his show, travel with them, stay in the same hotel...
    ALL cities are generally biased towards their own teams for that very reason. It's one reason I find it amusing listening to other team's commentators during games because you get to hear a COMPLETELY different perspective.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      ALL cities are generally biased towards their own teams for that very reason. It's one reason I find it amusing listening to other team's commentators during games because you get to hear a COMPLETELY different perspective.
      i've heard talk shows in the states, and if bargs was playing in a city like philly or nyk, he would be getting ripped apart by everyone including the homer media...

Comment

a) He was never a top 10 center.
        b) It's far too early in a season to judge a player.

Everyone is jumping on Bargnani now because he's not playing well. The same thing happens when every Raptor plays poorly for a few games.

Bargnani is not as bad as he has appeared lately, but not as good as some thought he'd be. If he has a big game against Philadelphia a number of people will come on this thread and say "yes, he is."

Let's get some perspective here.
        HE IS NEVER GOING TO BE A TOP 20 C... i dont need perspective to know that.

Comment

a) He was never a top 10 center.
          b) It's far too early in a season to judge a player.

Everyone is jumping on Bargnani now because he's not playing well. The same thing happens when every Raptor plays poorly for a few games.

Bargnani is not as bad as he has appeared lately, but not as good as some thought he'd be. If he has a big game against Philadelphia a number of people will come on this thread and say "yes, he is."

Let's get some perspective here.
          again tim, i stated that some people at one time thought bargs was a top 10 c... and then asked a simple question if they still felt that way ?

why are you telling me to get some perspectve, for asking a simple question ?

my OP was two lines?

was it too hard to just read and answer without making degrading comments and insults ?

Comment

• "Still" emplies he was at one time a top ten center at the least. Is that the case? I don't think so. He's not now and wasn't before now.

Comment

• He scores like a top ten center, but until he learns to grab a rebound, he wont be one. Personally I think he will never learn, but hopefully he proves me wrong.

Comment

• Not even close to being Top 10. A guy whose only contribution is the random 20-28 point game should not be in this sort of discussion.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  "Still" emplies he was at one time a top ten center at the least. Is that the case? I don't think so. He's not now and wasn't before now.
                  but some people thought he WAS... so the "still" is in reference to if they "still" think he IS a top 10 C.

Comment

again tim, i stated that some people at one time thought bargs was a top 10 c... and then asked a simple question if they still felt that way ?

why are you telling me to get some perspectve, for asking a simple question ?

my OP was two lines?

was it too hard to just read and answer without making degrading comments and insults ?
                    Degrading comments and insults? What are you talking about? Read the paragraph before I said to get some perspective. It was obviously directed generally, not specifically.

You need to relax, a little.

And the previous comment was directed at your specifically, by the way, just so there's no confusion.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

i've heard talk shows in the states, and if bargs was playing in a city like philly or nyk, he would be getting ripped apart by everyone including the homer media...
                      New York and Philadelphia are different. The media and fans eat their young, there.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Are you guys watching the 76ers game?

Andrea Bargnani 30 PT 12-18 FG 5-6 FT 1-3 3P 7/0 RB 1 AS 1 BL 0 ST 3 TO 3 PF 36 MN (Final, 76ers)
                        Bargs has been playing really well most of the season. Stop overreacting.
                        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Nov 17, 2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• LOL ... Andrea with 30 Points (12-18)/7 Rebounds/1 Block against Philly. Seriously, who do you get at 8mil/year to do what Andrea is doing?

Comment

• insight_tor wrote: View Post
                            LOL ... Andrea with 30 Points (12-18)/7 Rebounds/1 Block against Philly. Seriously, who do you get at 8mil/year to do what Andrea is doing?
                            yea against an eastern conference powerhouse too !!

Comment

• insight_tor wrote: View Post
                              LOL ... Andrea with 30 Points (12-18)/7 Rebounds/1 Block against Philly. Seriously, who do you get at 8mil/year to do what Andrea is doing?
                              Let's see him do that 2 games in a row, regardless of who the competition is. I'm happy for him, but we know what he can do, it's consistency we're looking for.

Comment

Both Philadelphia and Detroit really are blue collar cities. Detroit is most famous for it's car manufacturing, and the people that make them.

I think Toronto really likes hustling, blue collar type players but that's the case with every city. Even L.A.

I do think that Colangelo attempted to give the team a bit of an identity, and did when he first came. That team that won 47 games was a team made up of European and American players and sensibilities. I think a GM needs to be more focused on creating a team that can win rather than trying to create an identity that matches the city.
                                I have always thought of TO as a miniature NYC in many regards (lived in both). So, while NYC in many ways is not typically characterized as a blue collar town, those who support pro sports there, have been "blue collar" attitudinally at the very least. I believe this to be similar about the TO experience. The other cities you mention just have less of the bonafide champagne set.

Comment

Working...
                                X